Osborne Christmas Lights, Fantasmic and Timing

Nicolia123

Earning My Ears
We will be in Hollywood Studios on Nov. 7. We have dinner reservations at Mama Melrose at 4:20 (so early I know but was the only reservation I could get for 14). I believe that the Osborne lights are on from dusk until park close. I checked and sunset is around 5:30 on Nov. 7 and the park closes at 8. So far there is only one Fantasmic show at 7pm. If we finish dinner around 6 do we have time to check out the Osborne lights and then get into Fantasmic without a FP? How early do you need to get in line to get a decent spot?

We do not have a FP for Fantasmic but was hoping to get our 4th FP and use it for Fantasmic that day. Is a FP for Fantasmic worth it? If we are able to get a FP does that change things re:timing and viewing the Osborne lights?
Thanks for any advice!!!

We have a similar schedule in November. Dinner at 4:30, planning to be in FP area for Fantasmic by 6:30. I don't think we'll have time for Osbourne before Fantasmic so we're planning to see the lights after. From what I've read you can spend a lot of time looking at the lights and I think they are timed to music once an hour? So we are going after F! Without a FP I think you should be in line for Fantasmic about 30 - 45 minutes before - maybe earlier. But definitely give yourself 30 minutes minimum.

Thanks! I didn't think about going after because I had figured by the time Fantasmic was over and we got out of the amphitheater the park would be closing. Do they let you stay a bit after the park closes?

Thanks! I didn't think about going after because I had figured by the time Fantasmic was over and we got out of the amphitheater the park would be closing. Do they let you stay a bit after the park closes?

Yes - from what I have read you can stay after park close to look at the lights

Unless they have changed things since the last time I was there (which is always a possibility) you can stay late... Bear in mind that everyone else in F! is also planning the same thing, so the lights get pretty crowded...

We'll be there mid-December and there's only one Fantasmic show @ 8pm (which is also scheduled park closing time). Best way to enjoy both?

We'll be there mid-December and there's only one Fantasmic show @ 8pm (which is also scheduled park closing time). Best way to enjoy both?

Grab a F! FP+ as your 4th FP+
Head to O-Lights at 5:45PM.
Enjoy them from 6:00 until 7:15.
Head to F!

-OR-

After Fantasmic! head over to the O-Lights.

I will be there 11-7 too!

I plan to get a spot on the street by 5:30, lights on 6ish, ohh & ahhh for 10 minutes, then head over to Fantasmic line. Go back to see lights more after show.

I will be there 11-7 too!

I plan to get a spot on the street by 5:30, lights on 6ish, ohh & ahhh for 10 minutes, then head over to Fantasmic line. Go back to see lights more after show.

Grab a FP+ for F! as your "4th" FP+ of the day.

What a FP+ for F! offers is more CHOICE in seating.

If you DO get a F! FP+, you can choose to sit in either the FP section (virtually the entire left half of the theater) or the Standby section (virtually the entire right half of the theater.)
So, whatever section has the better seating at the time you arrive, you can go there.
Without a FP, you can only choose a seat in the Standby section.

There is a very good chance that you can get a FP+ for F! as a 4th or 5th FP of the day because they issue SO MANY of them (enough to cover nearly the entire left half of the seating.) On many nights, it is possible that you can gat a FP+ for F! as you are walking to the theater.

As to when to arrive at the theater, I'd get to there 45-60 minutes before the show-time.
Even with a FP or Dining Pkg. reservation, don't wait too late.

On busy nights, the CMs can stop holding the reserved sections within 20-30 minutes before show-time, and turn over any available seats to waiting walk-in guests.

There is sometimes a "pre-show" (such as it is) that can help pass the last 30 minutes before show time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Map Below-

Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

Unfortunately I have my 3rd FP at 7-8pm for Tower of Terror. We're driving over late that afternoon cause my main thing is to see the lights turn on. If it looks like Fantasmic is too busy that night we can skip it & try again in December. It's not a priority for me, but more a let's see some fireworks as long as we're here. Since we couldn't get FP for Toy Story maybe we'll standby that instead?

I do LOVE your maps though...so easy to read & follow!!!

Unfortunately I have my 3rd FP at 7-8pm for Tower of Terror. We're driving over late that afternoon cause my main thing is to see the lights turn on. If it looks like Fantasmic is too busy that night we can skip it & try again in December. It's not a priority for me, but more a let's see some fireworks as long as we're here. Since we couldn't get FP for Toy Story maybe we'll standby that instead?

I do LOVE your maps though...so easy to read & follow!!!

Have a magical trip! pixiedust:

Thanks for the responses.

Grab a F! FP+ as your 4th FP+
Head to O-Lights at 5:45PM.
Enjoy them from 6:00 until 7:15.
Head to F!

-OR-

After Fantasmic! head over to the O-Lights.

When you say "Head to O-Lights" what do you mean? Are they only located in a certain part of HS? First time at HS during the lights so I don't know much about them. Thanks.

When you say "Head to O-Lights" what do you mean? Are they only located in a certain part of HS? First time at HS during the lights so I don't know much about them. Thanks.

Yes.
The O-Lights are only in the area known as the "Streets of America" between Sci-Fi Dine-In and Muppet-Vision 3D in the southern end of the park.

DHS-ALL-Sat_Tall_030815_zpsimjqgwsr.jpg

DHS-Low-Sat_030815_zpsscja5fjf.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter