Ortho

r&r_teen

Earning My Ears
hey does anybody hea have braces, and expansion plate, retainer or spacers? i just got my spacers to get my expansion plate. does the plate hurt? how bad a braces? any smoothie suggestions for after i get them on and tightened?

well i've had all of them! lucky me! lol I though spacers were no biggy i didnt even really notice them much they didnt feel like much of anything!

expansion plate...what type are you gettin the one thats like plastered to in your mouth or the removable one? I had the one plastered in the roof of my mouth it was a while ago but after a couple of days it didnt really bother me much. If its removable well then lucky you! your not stuck with it 24/7! lol

braces...im not gonna tell you it doesn't hurt at first cuz that would a complete lie! It hurts allloott! When you first get them eat soft food or things that are small and don't need much chewing cuz if you try eatin harder foods your only gonna make it worse! After about a week or so or maybe even a couple of days you dont even feel it. They feel like there part of your mouth. I even forget i have them sumtimes! Oh and before i forget they tell you, you can't basically eat any candy well don't listen!lol I ate candy the whole time i had braces any candy you name i ate it! lol
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

i didn't think the braces hurt THAT bad, but, like MiSs RiS said, they do hurt when you first get them on and try to bite into hard food. it does take a few days to get used to them. also, when you go to the ortho once a month to get them tightened, i'm warning you now, they will feel tighter and may hurt just as much as when you first got them on, but the pain then usually doesn't last as long. how long do you have to keep your braces on? i had mine for over three years and they get to be annoying to take care of! but the retainer is even more annoying since you have this big thing in your mouth that you didn't have before, and then you gotta take them out every time you eat or brush your teeth!

I am getting the first part put on on the 24th, then I go to uni on the 27th only to come back again on the 1st to have the rest. I have to be bac at uni that evening coz I start the next day - a great way to start off. :( I am actually quite glad to get them, I have been waiting since I was 12!!!! and now Im 18.

braces suck. they hurt at first, and then after that they only really hurt if a wire comes out and is poking the inside of your mouth or if you get heavier wires put on. I've had braces for over 3 years, which I am not happy about since my orthodontist told me I would have them on for 3 years at the very most. And my teeth are completely straight now, there's just one tooth in the very back that you can't even see that's still messed up. argh I hate braces.

it doesnt hurt..maybe your ego b/c you have unsightly metal bars on your teeth..but not physically. except when you get them tightened they hurt for like a day or two..but in comparison to the 2+ years you'll have them..30 days of hurt is no biggie. Right now im on retainer only at night..after that freedom!! retainer at night isnt bad at all.

I had spacers, they were annoying and hurt for a couple days or so that they were in... I also had braces, they really aren't as bad as everyone thinks they are... Sure, they hurt when they're tightened, but it's not the end of the world. You get used to it after a while and you hardly notice they're there (Until you're told that you have green stuff in your braces) - i only had mine on for a year and a half, but i have a friend who had them on for SEVEN years. It all depends on how easily your teeth move.. In a sense, you're lucky if your teeth don't move easily because once you get the braces off, they won't go out of line so easily. Mine move quickly, so if i don't wear a retainer for a few days, my teeth go outta line...

I just got 8 blue things put between my teeth. They hurt when she put them in, put only because she kept missing and staping me in the top of my mouth. I get the back part put on next week and then I have to have 3 teeth out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter