• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ornaments

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
Can anybody tell me if the ships sell Christmas ornaments on board even when it's not Christmas time? We like to add ornaments from unique places that we visit and a DCL ship would be a nice addition especially if the ornament was an exact replica of the one you sailed.

Can anybody tell me if the ships sell Christmas ornaments on board even when it's not Christmas time? We like to add ornaments from unique places that we visit and a DCL ship would be a nice addition especially if the ornament was an exact replica of the one you sailed.

Yes, they do.

I've purchased them on our last two cruises (august and march) and had both ornaments signed by the captain. My favorite souvenirs!

They also had a CC ornament ball, that hangs on our tree every year now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

We got a ornament of the Dream on our cruise last August and got the captain to sign it. It is a nice keepsake.

How did you get the captain to sign it? Did you take it to guest services?

How did you get the captain to sign it? Did you take it to guest services?

There will be a a "Captain's Signing" listed in the Navigator. On the 4 day Dream cruise, it happened on the day at sea around noon. There was a table set up in the Whitecaps store where the captain would sign merchandise and pose for a quick picture.

We actually lucked into finding out about it. When we purchased the ornament, the saleswoman mentioned that the captain would be arriving in a few minutes to sign things. There was a line of people waiting but it moved along pretty quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter