Orlando World Center

dawgs_do_disney

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever stayed at Orlando World Center Marriott? I am staying there for a work conference at the end of April. I am staying an extra day to park hop. I am wondering if it's a good idea to check out and stay at Pop or All Stars for that one Day or just uber to and from the parks and stay put at Orlando World Center Marriott.

Has anyone ever stayed at Orlando World Center Marriott? I am staying there for a work conference at the end of April. I am staying an extra day to park hop. I am wondering if it's a good idea to check out and stay at Pop or All Stars for that one Day or just uber to and from the parks and stay put at Orlando World Center Marriott.
On the other hand, if you Uber'd to HS you could also take the skyliner to Epcot (or vice versa). Depends on how much of a hassle you feel it is to move for one night. Will your employer foot the bill for an extra night at the Marriott?

I wouldn't waste any time checking out and checking in that could have been better spent at parks. It is literally minutes from the parks, just Uber. That campus is our favorite spot to stay, one reason is it's so close to the parks and DS.

I wouldn't waste any time checking out and checking in that could have been better spent at parks. It is literally minutes from the parks, just Uber. That campus is our favorite spot to stay, one reason is it's so close to the parks and DS.
I may just do that! If it's a really close uber ride, I'm fine with that. I don't want to have to leave my bags at bell services then deal with all that.

I may just do that! If it's a really close uber ride, I'm fine with that. I don't want to have to leave my bags at bell services then deal with all that.
It’s about 4-5 miles, 10-15 minutes’ drive from the Marriott World Center to the DHS rideshare dropoff area. I agree, stay at Marriott, rideshare to and from the parks.

You'll get visibility to the Pop resort and room which might be something that is of value vs. staying in the same resort/room for another day. I personally like scouting missions when it comes to WDW resorts.

It is a great hotel, and a short drive. It is especially close to Epcot.

You could go either way and be just fine. I've done many split stays when visiting Orlando. In your case, I'd probably stay put. The location is a very easy way into WDW, and then you won't lose time moving hotels.

We always get a car at WDW. Driving to get around WDW is easy with a GPS, and faster than taking WDW buses. If you opt to stay onsite, the buses are easy to use, they just take a little time.

One other consideration is the hotel rate you are getting. If one or the other hotel saves $ over the other, then you might want to choose the one that costs less.

If your whole stay is being paid for then staying put seems an easy choice. World Center location is very convenient to WDW, right outside the entrance.

Its one of our favorite spots to take our kids as the pool is fantastic there. We always have a car so staying on Disney property to us makes 0 sense at this point with the limited onsite perks. The proximity to the parks imo is similar to what you'd find on property across the many different disney resorts when taking an uber. Def stay put and enjoy an actual resort vs a disney motel.

We stayed there this past New Year's holiday. I've got Titanium Status with Marriott, and booked this on a points stay.

The room was nice, we received a top-floor assignment, overlooking the back parking garage. Still the balcony and views from it of the New Year's Fireworks from all around Orlando were very nice.

The good: The hotel is up to date. The beds were comfortable, and the location was great. Just a few minutes over to Epcot or Holly wood studios.

The bad: We had challenges with getting any service items to the room. This included fresh drinking glasses (or even the dirty glasses removed from our room). Everyday the beds were made, but sometimes a dirty glass would be removed, over two days a quite obviously dirty glass was left, no replacement glasses given. Coffee was never replenished, and dirty towels left on the bathroom floor were left behind. The other downside is the scale of the hotel makes it quite a bit more like a disney resort in walk-time to any shuttle or the parking.

Overall, we enjoyed the stay there. The price was right, and despite the inconveniences of the service items, and some miscommunications with the front desk, I'd recommend it as a valid option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter