Orlando vs. Anaheim and Career benefits?

j-qso

Earning My Ears
I'm interested in the college program but I would like to know the differences between participating in the program in Orlando or Anaheim.

I'd like to know what differences it makes in the actual program as well as just general differences. I'm from Maryland and have never been to California. The last time I went to Orlando I was about 14 and didn't have too much fun because all the rides seemed extra kiddie :)

Also, I'm 22, a junior in college (Finance major), and have never been on my own and learned to be independent. This internship sounds like a good opportunity to learn and grow.

So, summing up,
1. What would the differences be between Orlando and Anaheim, program-wise and in terms of just everyday living?

2. And how can this program help me get started in a career in finance?

I was also curious to see what people would say the differences are between doing the CP in WDW or DLR. Has anyone completed the CP in DLR because I would love to hear how it went! :)

First things first, I haven't done either yet, so don't hold me to anything, but I was wondering the same thing and got a little bit of information...

I've heard that in the DL CP, you're a little bit more respected, and there are a lot less people.

A big thing is that you have to pay about $800 up front for things like a deposit and the first months rent.

I haven't participated in either yet(heading to WDWCP in June!) but I live in Orange County, extremely close to Disneyland, so I know what its like to live here! The DL CP is waaay smaller that the WDW CP. I've heard from friends there isn't the same community feel as the WDWCP. Also, most employees at Disneyland are local college students not on the CP. Not sure what effect that would have.

Anyway, living in Orange County is AWESOME. I love it here and never plan on leaving. Well, except for my CP! :D If you move here you really need a car. Unlike WDW, we have pretty crummy public transit. OCTA has busses that go around OC and Metrolink connects OC, Riverside, LA and San Diego, but it is really inconvenient and expensive. Expensive is really the key word here. We have a higher minimum wage, but also living expense is higher. Gas is 3.80 almost 4$/gallon >( Luckily, the apartment rent for the DL CP is really low in comparison to other apartments here. So if you were ever interested in living in Cali, the CP would be a great way to do it.

If you move here you really need a car. Unlike WDW, we have pretty crummy public transit.

The person I talked to said the exact opposite. The parking garage only has room for one car per apartment, so if you have, say 4 people in an apartment, all with cars, 3 people are going to have to park out in a parking lot across the street, which the person I talked to said often had break ins or damage to the cars. She said having a car is really worrying in the DL CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter