orlando via Newark

LORNA ANN

UK DVC Member
Just as the title says really we live in Scotland & cant get direct flights to orlando but virgin are doing one via newark but have never done this before & wondered what anyone that had thought of it. Would be me DH & DS 3 any advice would be great flights are £1330 so not to bad prices i think ! would have liked up graded price but none available !

I don't yet have the experience of this route but I'm booked on it from Glasgow for May next year :thumbsup2 Our booking is through Continental. You could possibly have a look at them too?

I know some people on here have said before that indirect can be difficult with a small child.

I think this may be a codeshare with Continental as I'm not sure Virgin fly out of EDI it's usually Glasgow.

I have flown with Continental to Newark and had a good flight :thumbsup2

flyglobespan fly direct from glasgow, but they are not the cheapest:goodvibes

Not anymore they don't or not on there web site it said May from Glasgow, EDI from June !

It was coming up as a continental flight GLA- New-Orl But was on virgin website.!

Virgin only fly out of Glasgow. We STRUGGLE to get Glasgow flights. In fact I only managed it this time because I checked the Disney site every day until it showed available and booked immediately. Had a hassle on the webist and had to phone them and there were only 2 economy seats left on our return trip! That was 17 months out!

What are your dates? Are there no Glasgow Virgin flights scheduled for the period you want to travel? If you book direct with Virgin, they only open up their flights 11 months prior.

In the past I have opted to fly to Manchester and change there. I know it is a hassle, but with a little one on my own the thought of being in a foreign airport with a different way of doing things (and payphones that reduce me to tears) was just a bit much for me. I don't know how you are travelling or who you are going with. Also, the Manchester 10 ish departure gets you to Orlando at around 2 pm which gives you plenty time to get to the hotel, swim, rest and go out for dinner.

I wish Virgin would add some extra Glasgow direct flights though. These ones are always sold out way ahead of the time.

Already have October flights booked with FC.
It was a winter holiday we were looking into ie: Feb, Mar. time but with 3yr old hate it to be to hard on hm so look for easy options as no direct flights from Glasgow in the winter mths.

I fly with Continental from Edinburgh via Newark and for us it's great because
Edinburgh is smaller and not as busy as Glasgow plus it's easier for us to get to.

Newark is massive but there are tons of shops and eateries :thumbsup2

Just as the title says really we live in Scotland & cant get direct flights to orlando but virgin are doing one via newark but have never done this before & wondered what anyone that had thought of it. Would be me DH & DS 3 any advice would be great flights are £1330 so not to bad prices i think ! would have liked up graded price but none available !

Since you're only flying with one small child, it's not a big deal flying indirect..
if you had more little children it might be a problem, but with only one small child and two adults, it's really not a problem...
and newark is pretty easy to navigate as compared to some of the airports people have to change in..

keep in mind that you will have to cross passport control and customs when you enter the US at Newark...meaning you'll claim your luggage, cross customs and then hand your luggage back in (be sure your luggage is checked all the way through to orlando when you check in in scotland)..

it's really nothing to it...

be sure that you have 3 hours for the change of planes and customs clearing in newark...anything less will be tense...

by the way, we ALWAYS fly indirect (as there are no direct flights for us to orlando)...it's really fine.....not quite as easy as nonstop, but really not too much of a problem...

Not anymore they don't or not on there web site it said May from Glasgow, EDI from June !

It was coming up as a continental flight GLA- New-Orl But was on virgin website.!

oh sorry, you didnt say when you were going, so just mentioned they flew
direct which they do:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter