Orlando Stroller Rentals Question

Twitterpated!

Mouseketeer
Hi there! This is my first post!

I plan on renting a stroller from OSR, but need advice as to which one to choose. My DD is a petite 6 year old. She weighs just under 40 pounds and is about 48 inches tall, and likely to grow another inch or two by the end of May, when our trip is planned. I reserved the City Mini, because it is lightweight and easy to fold. (We are staying at the POP and will be bussing it all week.) Will this stroller be sturdy enough and large enough for my daughter? It said 50 pound maximum capacity, but there is nothing more uncomfortable than pushing a stroller around that has too much weight on it. (Well, I guess carrying a whiny 40 pound child would be worse, but you know what I mean.) Should I upgrade to the City Classic? It's only $10 more, but is it harder to carry on to the busses?

So much to think about, and I second guess myself every step of the way! Thank you for your help!

:worship:I am thinking to buy a cheap $ 20 one from walmart, small enough to carry around and give it to another parent in the parks....just thought that renting a stroller for $ 15 a days, that is 9 x $ 15 = $ 135 , for that much I can buy a pretty good brand new stroller...

Anyone can share their thoughts about just using a cheap and small stroller ? or experienced ?

thanks in advance..

Upgrade...we did the smaller one from www.magicstrollers.com...which is cheaper by the way...and my DD is like 41" and 34 lbs and if she were any bigger, we would have needed a bigger stroller...it was the perfect size for her but if she were any bigger, she would have had comfort issues...

If you go to OSR's facebook page, there are pictures of kids in the actual strollers. That would at least give you an idea if she'd fit (that's what I did... I still haven't reserved mine yet, but I'm leaning towards renting one from them!).

I'll tell ya what I saw...lots of parents with cheap strollers having a heck of a time folding them up and getting them on the bus...especially the big travel strollers. One chick could barely lug hers on the bus and got stuck in the isle cus the tray fell off and nobody else could get on the bus because of the stroller! Lots of irritated people...The rentals from Orlando and Magicstrollers are AWESOME! I paid $67 for one for 7 days through Magic...these things are MINT! One hand and I could fold it up and walk away with it, compact, lots of storage, and the cover on it was awesome in the rain for my DD4...she loved it and it was easy to push and turn. If I ever have another baby, I'm getting one of these! DH was really impressed...I saw a lot of people in the airport lugging their strollers around and they didn't look very happy!

You'll be fine with the City Mini. We had both a rented City Mini double and a City Classic (we brought the Classic from home) for our 3 boys. My oldest is 5 years old, 55 lbs. and about 48". They kept switching off between strollers and he was fine in a seat of the City Mini and had enough room to pull the canopy down and his head just barely brushed it so he didn't feel cramped.

The City Classic is a significantly larger stroller and I personally think is for kids that are quite a bit older / heavier. We have one as our oldest has some physical issues so we got it for him to grow into. All of the Baby Jogger strollers are so easy to push, even with a lot of weight in them. The fold is a dream and they have the best sun canopies.

I just returned from my WDW trip yesterday and I rented from OSR a double. My kids are 31lbs and 24lbs. I am going to be buying this stroller! I LOVED IT! So easy to push, pack up, great stroller!

Thank you for your responses! I went back and looked at my original post and realized I made a typo. My DD is actually only 42 inches tall, not 48 inches. So judging by all of your feedback, and from pictures I have seen, including one from Shannon, the owner of the company, I am going to stick with the city mini. The easy fold-up is a huge benefit and provided it is not hard to push, I think it will suit us just fine. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter