Orlando Roommates?

-SIR-

Tomorrow’s Child
Hi there,
Upon graduation (im a highschool senior right now) I will be moving to Orlando and becoming a fulltime cast member until I establish residency and earn enough money to start college (probably at Valencia), then I will most likey try to decrease my hours. I have done allot of looking around and have found a few things but everything within my price range is a good 30 minute drive from property. I would really love to find a roommate living close to property and would *especially* love to find a roommate who is also a castmember! If anyone fits any of the above descriptions or knows how i might find a place like that please let me know! My price range is around $350-$400 give or take. At this point im desperate! Hope this helps! Thanks allot! I would be more than happy to answer any additional questions you have!

Call the college and ask them if they have a website to find roommates. They should be able to help out. My sister is moving down going to motorcycle mechanical inst and they found her lots of different roommates.

even better, find some of the college program websites and post on there, lots of people stay on and need to find roomates

oh i thought the college program kids were provided housing by Disney?!? ... And I won't be going to college until can establish residency... i sorta got into a bit of a scholarship pickle... long story...but that will take a year or more... i may try the college program thing if Disney doesnt provide housing for all of them...maybe i could contact disney and they could tell me something?!? I dunno :confused3

People ON the CP live in housing provided by Disney, but once your CP is over, that's it. For those who stay down there beyond their CP, they must find their own housing.

I would check Valencia and UCF's commuter services; they often have people looking for housing. Craigslist might be another good place to start, and yes -- CP boards anywhere you can find them.

Remember that it's not always easy to get a FT role straight off as a CM -- you may have to go PT or CT until something opens up.

wow... diddnt know that... how likely is i that ill be hired?... I definatly have the "disney look" and i know so much about the parks and such... After i am hired i wonder ho long it will take to go FT? ... what is CT? wow so much to think about...wish i already lived down there so I could just go apply tomorrow!... if I don't get full time right off im sure i can find another part time job until later....its orlando!

If you have a pulse, Disney will hire you. Speaking English isn't even a requirement anymore. It depends what openings they have when you go to Casting. They are usually hiring full-time for F&B or Housekeeping. It changes week to week. You can call 407-828-1000 to hear a recording of current postions. Unless there is a hiring freeze, you're a shoe in.

I live 14 miles away from Disney, and it takes me 40 minutes to drive there, so don't take account of distance when selecting a place to live - traffic is pretty bad. Avoid driving I-4.

I don't know the best place to find a roommate, because I think I would rather burn in Hell than have roommates again :) Apartments around the Disney area range from $500-700/month. Does your budget include food/phone/water/utilities? Keep in mind that Disney does not pay much and likes to cut back on hours during slow periods. Valencia classes still cost around $300-400 each (with books) for FL residents. I would recommend saving up a couple thousand dollars before moving, otherwise you could be looking at cut back hours at work with the bills still rolling in. If you plan on attending college classes, you almost definitely have to go part-time. It really depends what role you work in. Remember, Disney has unions and low senoirity people tend to get a mix if different shifts and days off. You can *request* certain shifts and days off, but if someone who has been there longer wants them - you're up the creek. Perhaps housekeeping would be a good fit, almost all of the shifts get off at 5:00 PM - you could attend night classes. Remember, Valencia does not have night classes for every subject, and certain classes are only located at certain campuses - you could have to drive an hour to get to the school.

Ugh... well to establish resedency id have to stay there for a year anyway like i said...so it really wouldnt matter if it was an hour to valencia...im sure i will be able to find some way of paying for college once i move down...if not im more than okay with only taking a few classes at a time... as long as im getting some kind of education within the next two years... im not really very interested in housekeeping at all...im...well a guy! and I have my heart set on Attractions, or resort front desk im also going to audition for entertainment and see where that gets me... the place I have found is off of Semoran (sp?!?) Blvd and is a good 29 minute drive taking the B-line (it is near the airport) but rent is $380 w/ two other roommates (very nice guys) you people are getting me all worried! ... lol.. this is what I want to do though I just need to find a good way of going about doing it. Yes the 350-400 a month includes utilities and thats why I need a roommate!... maybe I should stick with what ive already found? Is there anything closer and better I might find?!?

oh the place i found includes all utilities too... forgot to mention that for $380 a month (he might lower it to $350) I think thats a good deal... it might be worth the $1.50 back and forth from the b-line

$350 is good if everything is included, although I'm guessing you would have to drive I-4, which I wouldn't wish on anybody.
As far as what role you pick, just keep in mind that it will be difficult to go to school and have a full time job because Disney does not cater to your schedule. If you're full time, that means you're available to work any time of day, any day of the week. I worked front desk for 2 years, and had to drop out of 2 classes (lost $800) because they simply wouldn't adjust my schedule for Wednesdays. (Sorry, still bitter - I volunteered to work any time on any day except Wednesday I needed a day shift because I had night school. The scheduler literally told me I had to pick my priority: my job or my school. Well, I have bills - so I had to drop the classes.) Front Desk is also notorious for 48 hour work weeks. I worked 6 days a week for 8 months. If you work front desk part-time (or any union job PT), they can completely take you off the schedule for weeks during slow times. Attractions can be the same way. They are now starting to schedule 6 hour shifts, so that can affect your income as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter