orlando or kissamee stations

Cogswel_Cogs said:
Is there any kind of shuttles to Hotels from either train station.

My family is going in Septmeber via Amtrak. Arriving in Orlando and departing in Kissimee (first off, first on philosophy). From what I understand there are taxis/shuttles and/or a bus, but from what I read it may be cheaper to hire a Town car for a round trip pickup dropoff. A town car service limo is around $110 round trip and some also allow you a 30 min grocery stop. Check out http://www.mousesavers.com/limo.html for info on cost comparison of limo versus shuttle.

Sorry I can't help out more, but this is our first time doing this too.

The only shuttles may be Mears Transportation in Orlando. You might call them for information. Taxis are availablefrom both stations.

Mears is $18.
to the hotel. I think I will do this since it is only her going this way. Kids and I are flying.

Thannks for the info, to all those checking Mears only does this for the Orlando station, not Kissamee.

hbehrman said:
My family is going in Septmeber via Amtrak. Arriving in Orlando and departing in Kissimee (first off, first on philosophy).

With the additional travel distance she's not going to get there any faster, and frankly the train station isn't exactly in the best part of town.

Unless something has changed, Mears won't wait for train passengers there, you have to call when you arrive and they will send someone within an hour. That's not an area I'd want to be waiting around for an hour for a ride in.

Anne

ducklite said:
With the additional travel distance she's not going to get there any faster, and frankly the train station isn't exactly in the best part of town.

Unless something has changed, Mears won't wait for train passengers there, you have to call when you arrive and they will send someone within an hour. That's not an area I'd want to be waiting around for an hour for a ride in.

Anne

I have been to the Orlando station twice,without any problems. We are getting off in Kissimmee this year as it less hectic getting bags and stuff and slightly closer to WDW. The service we are using monitors your train arrival and are there when you arrive. We are paying $45 total from Kissimmee to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have spoken to them serveral times and they seem like a solid firm.
http://www.sejactransportation.com/sejac_2_004.htm

You can also do this by public transportation and it's much cheaper. Take the bus that goes to Osceola Square Mall (don't remember which one, but it's a block west of the train stop), then get off at that stop and take the 56 to the TTC.

You can also do this by public transportation and it's much cheaper. Take the bus that goes to Osceola Square Mall (don't remember which one, but it's a block west of the train stop), then get off at that stop and take the 56 to the TTC.

Keep in mind that public trasnportation such as Lynx may not allow Luggage to be brought aboard the buses, they are ok if you have a small suitcase items such as a carry-on bag etc. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter