Orlando Informer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshineminnie

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used these services? I have read that you don't really need a touring plan like you do at Disney. But we are going to be heading at a very busy time of the year. Wed August 1 and Thurs Aug 2. We won't be arriving until mid afternoon on the 1st.

We are staying on site, but want to make the most of our time and money. We would like to avoid the crowds as much as possible (I know that i may be impossible).

I wonder if it would be worth the extra money.

Any opinions?

I used Orlando informer, lots of info and pcitures and i like it.Not required though .all info I needed I got from here and the Universal Orlando guidebook by Seth kubersky..If you are staying onsite all you need to know is this..USE the early entry for Harry Potter( it is only for Harry Potter ,nothing else is opened).If Ollivanders interests you do IT FIRST than do Forbidden journey.WWoHP is also quieter towardds the end of the park day, but you can't always guarantee that.At Universal Studios ride Rip Ride Rocket FIRST( it doesn't take express passa and often breaks down throughout the day)Staying onsite gives you resort express pass..it is good on everything EXCEPT- Rip Ride Rockit, Pteranodon FLyers,Ollivanders and Forbidden Journey.Other than that, mak sure you pay attention to showtimes since they run throughout the day .No real hardcore,Disney-style planning required.

I used the site last year -- but at that time it was free. He has a ton of great information. If I was going for the first time, I'd purchase it. I stayed on-site during spring break. Very busy. His videos on how to navigate WWoHP were the best. Don't get stuck in line waiting to enter the castle :) That information alone is worth the price. Anyway, enjoy your trip! I sure wish I was going back this year.

I used Orlando informer, lots of info and pcitures and i like it.Not required though .all info I needed I got from here and the Universal Orlando guidebook by Seth kubersky..If you are staying onsite all you need to know is this..USE the early entry for Harry Potter( it is only for Harry Potter ,nothing else is opened).If Ollivanders interests you do IT FIRST than do Forbidden journey.WWoHP is also quieter towardds the end of the park day, but you can't always guarantee that.At Universal Studios ride Rip Ride Rocket FIRST( it doesn't take express passa and often breaks down throughout the day)Staying onsite gives you resort express pass..it is good on everything EXCEPT- Rip Ride Rockit, Pteranodon FLyers,Ollivanders and Forbidden Journey.Other than that, mak sure you pay attention to showtimes since they run throughout the day .No real hardcore,Disney-style planning required.

Bingo. :thumbsup2

His videos on how to navigate WWoHP were the best. Don't get stuck in line waiting to enter the castle :) That information alone is worth the price.

I haven't used the pay version but $25 seems like a lot to me. With regard to WWoHP, I doubt he provides any "secrets" other than don't use the locker line, visit in the morning or at night, use guest-only hours, visit ollivanders first, etc.

Like others have said, these are easy things to learn with just a simple WWoHP search. If I'm wrong, fill us in on what "secrets" he provides.

Hi,

I am very exciting to see that you guys are talking about my site!

At the risk of getting banned, I wanted to invite anyone interested to get complimentary access to my encyclopedia of Universal information for a short period of time, so you can decide for yourself.

If you are interested, please contact me via my site. I'd put a link here, but I'm assuming that'll look like solicitation -- and I'm not trying to solicit -- I'm just trying to help interested DISboard members understand way OrlandoInformer.com has thousands of members and a 99.98 percent satisfaction rate.

Thank you! I look forward to providing you with remarkable vacation planning service :thumbsup2

I think the part about not getting stuck in the castle line refers to people with bags waiting in a huge line for the lockers. If you have no bag, make sure you aren't in the line for people with bags. Sometimes when the line is very long..people think it is the line for the ride and stand in it only to discover that they are in a line for a locker.

I could be wrong but I joined last year when this subscription was free and remember that was a tip....I went in June last year and it was correct...there was a huge line for the lockers but a much shorter one for the ride itself.

Just a guess here of course as to what this means. I never did join with the subscription fee but often wonder if there is something there that I do not already know....I have read a lot about it and been there....so not sure how many more secrets there could be as far as waiting in lines, when to go, how to get there etc.

Kelly (who leaves in 2 weeks and 2 days!!!!!!!!)

PS. Here's one small tip: Universal completely changed the structure of the Forbidden Journey outdoor queue system over the 2011 holiday season. (They also changed the queue for Ollivander's, but that's another story.) Now everyone who wants to experience Forbidden Journey as a group has to wait in the "locker line", even if they don't have bags to stow. In addition, Universal now routinely closes the tour-only line through Hogwarts Castle when crowds are moderate to heavy. So, even if you are in a wheelchair or you just want to take pictures -- and you have no intention of going on the ride -- you still have to wait in the long outdoor line with everyone else to go through the castle.

I hope that you don't mind me adding this tip here. I just don't want you guys heading to Forbidden Journey thinking that you can skip that colossal outdoor queue just because you don't have bags.

wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-holiday-crowds-236-oi-550x309.jpg

Luckily they've kept the single rider line open -- as long as you don't bring any bags with you!

i find that the best and up do date info can be found on these threads.

it's current and based on experience.

you can find out last minute additions to the park hours, closures, changes, etc on the Dis site.

the OP asked if it is worth it to purchase a tour guide program.
i would say no.

why pay for something that is free?

Thanks for the response OrlandoInformer. I sent you a message via the contact feature on your website and look forward to seeing what the site has to offer.

Thanks for the response OrlandoInformer. I sent you a message via the contact feature on your website and look forward to seeing what the site has to offer.

Got your email and upgraded your account!

For other folks, please know that I do not regularly check the DISBoards, so just be sure to contact me via the site with requests for access, etc.

Thanks again for your interest in OrlandoInformer.com :yay:

I love Orlando Informer - joined two weeks ago and I look forward to new updates everyday. I also love DIS and don't see them as competitors but two excellent sites.

Susan:lovestruc

I too am an OI subscriber - I think it's well worth the subscription price. They have an entire video sequence covering the HP castle and the FJ attraction that is very useful (and fun to watch) for those who have yet to visit there. Lots of other useful links as well :thumbsup2

I'm always searching for different viewpoints; the DIS provides some and sites like OI others. I mean, I'm investing what?? $5 - $6K in our upcoming trip (for eight people) - I need all the up to date advice I can find. OI is another source that complements and adds to information found elsewhere.

PS. Here's one small tip: Universal completely changed the structure of the Forbidden Journey outdoor queue system over the 2011 holiday season. (They also changed the queue for Ollivander's, but that's another story.) Now everyone who wants to experience Forbidden Journey as a group has to wait in the "locker line", even if they don't have bags to stow. In addition, Universal now routinely closes the tour-only line through Hogwarts Castle when crowds are moderate to heavy. So, even if you are in a wheelchair or you just want to take pictures -- and you have no intention of going on the ride -- you still have to wait in the long outdoor line with everyone else to go through the castle.

I hope that you don't mind me adding this tip here. I just don't want you guys heading to Forbidden Journey thinking that you can skip that colossal outdoor queue just because you don't have bags.

wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-holiday-crowds-236-oi-550x309.jpg

Luckily they've kept the single rider line open -- as long as you don't bring any bags with you!

Thanks for the clarification....I was there last June and it wasn't like that yet!! Glad to know as I will be going in a couple of weeks. I will go over and log into my OI acct and if there is a temporary upgrade...I would love that. Thanks again....

Kelly

Hi DISboard members!

I'm writing to let you know that the response to my offer has been very strong, and I've been happy to provide many of you with complimentary access. However, at this time I am going to close the offer so I can focus on providing my current subscribers with intensive Universal coverage (I've been working on updating my site for like ten hours today... and its a Sunday!).

I appreciate everyone's interest in OrlandoInformer.com. Please know that, if you are considering a subscription, we always have a 100 percent full refund guarantee -- if at anytime during the length of your subscription you don't think our service was worth the price, just ask for a refund. Simple. The guarantee is posted right on our subscription page. (As I mentioned before, I'm not providing a link because I don't want moderators to think that I'm soliciting.)

You are also welcome to contact me with any questions whatsoever. Links to do so are on my site, plus OrlandoInformer.com is on about every social network you can think of.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm about OrlandoInformer.com. I hope to see you sometime on our site :)

In addition, Universal now routinely closes the tour-only line through Hogwarts Castle when crowds are moderate to heavy.

I've heard they close it when there are very heavy crowds, but haven't heard that it closes with moderate to heavy crowds. After looking through the posts on your site, it seems to indicate it only closes on very busy days.

Could anyone clarify this?

I've heard they close it when there are very heavy crowds, but haven't heard that it closes with moderate to heavy crowds. After looking through the posts on your site, it seems to indicate it only closes on very busy days.

Could anyone clarify this?

The issue is that Universal doesn't have a clear policy regarding the tour-only line. I've been monitoring the situation since they started closing it regularly during the 2011 holiday season. The best I can say is, if it is really busy, it is almost certain to be closed. If it is moderately busy, there is about a 50/50 chance it'll be closed. If it is slow, there is still some chance it'll be closed.

We have a running post on my site documenting the different times it has been open and closed. You'd see that it has been somewhat random -- other than, when it's busy (45 minute or longer wait), in which case the tour-only line is almost always closed now. I'd link to the post, but then I'll get in trouble. You'll have to find it on my site. There's actually a link to it on my homepage, right sidebar, about two-thirds of the way down.

Sorry I have to make you jump through hoops to see the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter