Orlando airport arrival time ?

J&L'sMommy

Earning My Ears
I just booked my first Disney cruise for Dec. 8th. (WAHOO!) Both my preferred dining time (early--I have a 3 y.o. and a 5 y.o.) and all Palo reservations are booked. My TA has me on the waitlist for the dining time. My current flight arrives in Orlando at 10:35 and I've booked transfers through Disney. Will that give me enough time to get to the port and get on board to try to get reservations at Palo and try to change my dining time, or should I switch to the flight that gets in at 9:30? I'm flying Southwest, so they'll let me change for no fee...but I don't want to have to get my kids up and to the airport any earlier than necessary. I'd REALLY appreciate any advice!

Thanks!
Amy

But then, we never go the day of - always the day before - just in case there are weather problems or other issues. Don't know where you're coming from but I just feel more comfortable coming in the day before. Besides you can get a good night's sleep and be really rested the day of the cruise.

Before I made a decision, I would check what other flights Southwest has in case yours has a problem. Getting to MCO at 10:35 will probably result in getting to the port around 12:00 or 12:30. You will probably be in time to see about changing your dining time and getting Palo ressies, as long as you don't have any inflight or delay issues.

I can understand not wanting to get little ones up earlier but if it were me, I would either take the earlier flight or see about coming in the night before and staying at the Hyatt at MCO. Coming in the night before would let the little ones sleep in and make your Saturday WAY more relaxed.

Thanks so much for the advice! I'll look into staying the night before at the Hyatt MCO. We have a two hour drive to the airport in Baltimore and were going to stay at a hotel there the night before so that we could have parking for our car included. I booked the Disney transfers...if we stay at the Hyatt can I still use them? THANKS!

Thanks so much for the advice! I'll look into staying the night before at the Hyatt MCO. We have a two hour drive to the airport in Baltimore and were going to stay at a hotel there the night before so that we could have parking for our car included. I booked the Disney transfers...if we stay at the Hyatt can I still use them? THANKS!

I believe you still can. Call to make sure. I give another vote for flying down the night before. When you get to the ship, you will be well rested instead of tired from getting up so early to fly. Even a flight that gets you into MCO by 10:30, probably departs by 8 so you'd have to be at your gate by 7 or so at the latest.
Also even if you don't expect snow/ice storms, we've had delays due to fog in Philly and even delays from far-away airport's storms can affect incoming planes that maybe the plane for your flight. KWIM?
We consider the cost of a hotel stay our own little travel insurance so we don't miss the ship and we're not so tired that we need a nap the 1st day.
We stayed at Hyatt MCO for the 1st time in Sept. It was sooo convenient, I wouldn't go any other way in the future!!! btw, there's a heated pool on the roof where you can watch planes take off and land. :cool2:
Have a great time!

Your DCL transfers work great from the Hyatt. You just set your bags outside your door Saturday morning and you won't see them again till they show up outside your stateroom door. Be sure NOT to put your transfer tags on until Saturday morning. There will be CM's at a table in the lobby to take you to the bus.

Thanks so much for the advice! I think I'm going to take the late flight out of Baltimore and get into MCO at 9:45pm the night before the cruise and we'll stay at the Hyatt. Even though that gets the kids to bed really late, maybe they'll sleep in the morning (although not likely with the excitement). At least that should make Saturday less stressful.

Thanks so much for the advice! I think I'm going to take the late flight out of Baltimore and get into MCO at 9:45pm the night before the cruise and we'll stay at the Hyatt. Even though that gets the kids to bed really late, maybe they'll sleep in the morning (although not likely with the excitement). At least that should make Saturday less stressful.

I think that is a VERY smart choice indeed, for many reasons.

Regarding Palo, we booked 3 weeks out for last week, and had not many ANY reservations, and we boarded early (number 2 card), went straight to Rockin BarD, and had no problems making reservations for our desired night (wed)...We were 2nd in line..

Good Luck to you.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter