Organize Your Space Challenge - Week 4 Remaining Embellishments, Tools, Albums

Day 27 - Metal Embellishments

When we first started this challenge, I didn't think I would have to worry about metal. At least not for more than brads and eyelets. However, after cleaning all the drawers out, I ended up with a whole drawer full of metal! I have a small box for clips, and another box for words, but the rest of it isn't really sorted. There really isn't all that much, but more than I thought.

IMG_3963.jpg

I don't have much metal or chipboard. My chipboard is filed by category with my stickers and all the metal pieces are stored in the embellishment boxes with my brads/eyelets and other doodads.

My metal pieces are in embellishment boxes and my chipboard is in a plastic drawer. I don't have much of either. I am feeling good about my room, so far. I can see the light....

Day 28: Gemstones, Skittles, and any other embellishments

We are in the home stretch...this is the last day for embellishments. I took pictures of my Skittles. I bought some spice jars from Cost Plus...a set of 6 for like $4. I have dreams of having cute little shelves with spice jars. But not in this apartment, so the Skittles are in their spice jars, but in a photo box. I also have some Cropper Hopper embellishment boxes that hold the ones that I have dyed.

IMG_3965.jpg
IMG_3964.jpg

I have a small drawer filled with beads, a small drawer filled with those $1 packages of metal dots for J's, and gemstones from M's. I have a few spice jars with gems of other sizes and shapes. I'll get a picture up tomorrow.

I had a few other little odds and ends that I put into jewelry bags and put in the bottom layer of my big Snapware container with the brads/eyelets/buttons.

I'm not sure what all you guys have left, but if it is a small embellishment, find it a home.

My skittles are in jars sorted by color. The jars are in a pretty wire basket. The skittles that I have colored are in little jewelry bags and on the bottom of the basket. I don't have any beads. Any other little things that I use for embellishments are in my embellishment boxes.

Day 29: Albums

For me, my album day was mostly about controlling the mini albums. I keep buying them at discount, thinking they would make good gifts. But I never got around to making the gifts. Others, I would get as gifts, and so I had a bunch of things tucked into every drawer and corner. Now they are all in a Disney tote.

But today, should also be a day to work on getting completed pages into albums you already have. If you have pages that aren't quite done yet, or you know you don't have an album for, we'll set those aside until tomorrow. Some of you might have been putting off the "I have to rip apart the album, and reorganize it," but today is the day. I haven't scrapped for myself in so long, I am up-to-date with my albums.

Skittles are in jars. Albums are all up above the cabinets - in what would be the sofit area. I'll take photos when I get home.

I have done this even though I m away- I have one group of pages without an album but the rest are in the album. I do need to pick up some more page protectors for few of the albums I have as I have some pages that don't fit in the album and it needs to be expanded but I have no pages that fit in the house.

Rebecca

Day 30 - Pages not in albums

We basically have one week left in this challenge. Okay, pages not in albums. This might be stuff you ran out of room for, or are waiting for the perfect album. But maybe you also have a bunch of pages that are 90% finished, but you haven't gotten around to putting on those last final touches.

Go through them and make a list of what is still needed. Maybe something needed a specific embellishment you needed to shop for, maybe something you just ran out of time to finish, maybe you just needed to let your thoughts percolate. Finishing these off could be your first project in your CLEAN room.

If there is stuff, you know isn't going to end up in an album anytime soon, find a home for it. I have primarily only worked on "theme" albums...National Parks, and vacation albums, but I have about a half dozen layouts that are sort of "every day life" type stuff, so I have one 12x12 drawer for them to live in.

Day 31: Swap Supplies (Ziplocs, boxes, labels, etc)

I know there are many non-swappers playing along, so this probably won't be needed in your space. But for us swappers, especially frequent swappers, you probably have your own mound of ziplocs.

I try to reuse mine wherever possible. More money to spend on pretty paper instead of plastic baggies. When I get a swap back, I immediately take the pieces out of the individual and group bags, into one larger bag for the entire swap. So I have a bag that is just AK swap, or just Cruise Swap.

I sort out the ziplocs that have too much info written on them to be sent to another swapper. All of these go in a 2 gallon bag and get reused around our apartment (DH's lego, other scrap crap, kitting). The rest of them, get their labels removed, and sorted into jewelry, snack, sandwich, quart, gallon. I put all of those groups into a gallon bag that had too much written on it. The jewelry gallon back, is further divided into XS, S, M, L bags. When I have a bigger place, I want to put all these bags in a basket on one of those shelves with the 9 cubes. But for now they live in my rolling tote.

ziplocs.jpg
tote.jpg

I have a few boxes of new stuff, because even reusing, I run out (especially, if I have a lot of swaps out at once)

ziplocsnewstuff.jpg
mailcorner.jpg

And finally, the priority mail box corner. I ordered a bunch, awhile ago, and they came in a nice box, so now when I pick more up, they just go in the box. Next to it is a little box with tissue, bubblewrap, a few envelopes, PM labels and PM tape.

I don't take swaps out of their individual bags until I use those swap pieces. I just file the pieces in the bag in the appropriate folder for that theme. Once I use the pieces, then I reuse the bag and put it in the appropriate bag that has that size ziploc in it. I have all the bags in a basket on a shelf in my scraproom.

My priority boxes/envelopes are stored behind my bedroom door.

I've fallen behind on organizing my space. I plan on catching up!

Day 32: Punches

When we lived in AZ, I had a Crop In Style punch holder that hung over the office door. But here in CO, the apartment is set up differently, so hanging over the door isn't convenient. So my punch holder is packed up, and I put my punches in 2 drawers of a Sterilite container.

punches.jpg

For swap supplies, I have a 12x12 drawer in a sterilite case to hold all my labels and ziploc baggies - organized exactly as Hope does with gallon bags containing small bags. Because inevitably I run out of certain sizes, I have new boxes of quart, gallon and 2 gallon on a shelf next to my scrap desk. Priority mail boxes and envelopes are stored in some built in drawers in my dining room that I never found a use for.

I don't have a lot of punches. Disney punches are stored seperately in a plastic shoebox container, and others are stored together in another 12x12 sterilite drawer.

I did get behind on working on this project. Once I finish the MK swap, cleaning up my room is my #1 priority - my goal is to be able to take pictures of it clean for once.

My 7 punches are in small plastic drawers, and I don't swap.....yet, so I am pretty good right now. I still have to work on my magazines and I want to organize my "to do craft projects."

I do look VERY forward to seeing many posted pics of completed (as much as possible) craft areas. How exciting.

I haven't posted in here for ever. I hope to be able to catch up with my organizing this weekend. Good thing is a lot of the things that I have missed I don't have - but bad thing is that I have recently purchased a lot of what I do have (like border punches).

Thanks for keeping us going, Hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter