Organize Your Space Challenge - Week 4 Remaining Embellishments, Tools, Albums

Ribbon is so pretty! I love the trifle. I want the gutters. In the end, I think I will go with Hope's efficient use of priority boxes. Thanks for posting photos.

It would have been more environmentally friendly to use the boxes. But I have absolutely no place to put more boxes and my previous stuffing them in a drawer wasn't working. I have way too many doubles to prove that point.:sad2:

Oh I love it!! Very nice job Mr AWM!!!:thumbsup2

How did he cut the gutters?

He used a miter saw. But he said they would cut if for you at the store if you asked. You could also use a jigsaw or a hacksaw if you couldn't find someong to help you there.

Tip - you can't really tell in that photo, but they did use the brackets to hold it up. We both thought was part of the endcap pieces. It kinda sags with just screws, so DH is picking up the hangers today. It's bugging him. Me, not so much. But if it was not level or the spacing was off, that would bug me to no end.

DS20 is going to check pricing for me. He made cuts on moulding with the big saw they have there for my stained glass. Yesterday he came in the room, and was asking to see the pic, and where I want it. Now he points out that it's going to block the door from opening all the way :scratchin

I'm trying to figure a way to hang it off the side of a bookcase. Need to talk to DH when he comes home. That might work, since the ribbons aren't that heavy, and the gutters will be only about 12" wide. Think they will sag?

Not at 12". Mine are 3 feet. And they kinda lean forward more than sag. Still it bugs DH that they are not level front to back.

I have a 2 window spread like you do, but there is a dresser with a TV in front of it. I'm not sure how user friendly that would be, and dropping the ribbons behind would be a pain. But I could go that route too...

OH, I just thought of another bit of wall space... I have to get the measure out...

Way to go Mr. AWM!!! That looks great!

i think i'm calling it a day for today. hopefully i can just make myself do a little more each night.

Holly,
Great 3 hour start!!! So, how have you been doing with your 15 minute timer? Don't feel like you have to do another 3 hours. We expect reports even if you don't get to do anything. We are here for you, and each other. Great job!!

I got my loose ribbon sorted into color bags and I think I am going to use a Hawiian wedding basket for my larger packages of ribbon and fiber. Fiber will go on the bottom layer, ribbon on the next and I will wait to see about the top layer.

Rebecca

AWM! The gutter looks great! I think that will be my project this weekend. Right now all of my ribbon spools are in 2 large bins, but they are kind of randomly thrown in...I have tons of ribbon...and I have a narrow space that has an art piece on it, but it is valuable real estate in my new office. I love the fact that the gutter is white, too! :)

My pieces are in glass jars. They look pretty.

I saw an idea for using a cd tower (the wooden kind with slanted shelves) to hold ribbon rolls. I don't have one around but in case someone does I thought I would pass it on.

Rebecca

Oh Dear :scared: I am way behind now....

the last day I did was 10) YIKES

most of these things are semi organized, but I know I could do better plus I have a mini organizer just sitting in the closet waiting to be ulilized.

Hope to get cranking on this list the end of this week and weekend and caught up.

Wish me luck!

Wish me luck!

Good luck to you!!! (and to ANYONE else who is thinking about tackling their room/space). I can't express enough how wonderful and productive this experience has been for me so far. I have already begun and FINISHED 4 mini-projects upon which I have been procrastinating.:cool1:

I am so glad ribbon day was a success. Moving on to fibers. I have to run a few errands, so pictures won't be up until later.

Earlier in the challenge, I mentioned that I had gotten a head start on my fiber storage. I reused the clear, plastic bags from my WDW kits to hold my fibers and loose ribbon. I have bags for:

Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Brown, White, Black, Metallic, Disney, Christmas, Halloween.

The bags are stored in 2 of my Disney totes. I also have a Sterilite container that holds my balls of yarn.

Pics in a bit.

Here are the pics...

fibers.jpg
fibersdone.jpg

The test of any storage system, is how well does it work when you need to add to it, or use it. That mess I had from yesterday's pics. I got them put away in the time to heat my microwaved lunch (5 min). It went so fast, I decided to pull the ribbon/fibers from the jar of whimsy swap, and that took about 20 minutes. Most of that was pulling it from the packages, while not spilling brads, buttons and flowers everywhere. So I am very happy with my storage.

That looks good Hope.
Is all your fiber in yard lengths or do you have full skeins too in the baggies?

Whoops, I knew there was a picture I forgot to take. Full skeins are in this thing

IMG_3956.jpg

I don't have a lot of fibers, so the full skeins and the smaller samples on those little fiber cards all fit inside one photo box.

Here is my ribbon storage:

Spools go into the plastic shoebox containers like this, separated by color. This is the blue and green box:
IMG_7279.jpg

I have 6 boxes of ribbon all together.

Anything less than a spool gets wrapped around those little fiber cards and into this box I got at Joann's:
IMG_7278.jpg

There is room for growth in the shoboxes, not so much in the smaller case. Although in all likelihood, I'd be more likely to actually use the smaller samples if I moved them into the larger boxes. I don't always remember to look there first.

I reused the plastic containers that sliced apples come in, they are Disney. :thumbsup2 I now have the full skeins in order according to color.
100_3731.jpg

Here are the loose pieces of fiber & ribbon. They are matched according to colors. They are attached together by the clip part of curtain hangers and then the circle part is over a tie rack. These aren't kept here, they are over by the ribbon gutters, but the boys are there and wouldn't move out of the way. :sad2: Boys.
100_3732.jpg

All I really need to do is sort and label the metals and figure out a good way to store my hundreds of stickers.

Do you think I can convince my family that we don't actually NEED a dining room? That we can just picnic on the livingroom floor? I'd love to turn the diningroom into a room with countertops and cabinets and yes, even plastic gutter pieces.

I've thrown out all the boxes from the last swap, so I'll have to wait for the next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter