Organize Your Space Challenge - Week 4 Remaining Embellishments, Tools, Albums

OTC is Oriental Trading Company. it is not just for preschoolers anymore.... I like their storage options. The tic tac jars are called Embellishment Storage Case or SR-65/85099. If you go to OTC and click on scrapbooking and then storage, you will see different things at a very good price. I have a free s&h for a $49 order if anyone wants to PM me. Make sure to read and measure the measurements provided in the explanations. Many people just look at the picture.

Also forgot to post my Clip It Up pics. One is the actual item and the other is a box of to sort things. :-)
462934687_nvxoF-M-1.jpg

462934770_UBK2a-M.jpg

PS: I can't THANK you enough for starting this challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I love OTC for planning parties, scrapping all of it. It IS awesome!!! :thumbsup2 Also alot of times if you buy an entertainment book you can get a coupon code and google for the coupons too can save boatloads too.:cool1:

Day 19: Sort Stickers

Moving on to the sticker monster...

When we collected the stickers, I separated them into Disney and non-Disney stickers. I decided to tackle the non-Disney stickers first. I knew there were some things I had bunches of, but I wasn't sure of exactly how much of other stuff I had. So first, I sorted the main categories, skipping over anything I didn't know what I'd do with. For me, these categories were

Alphabet, Christmas, Halloween, Beach, Travel, Animals, Flowers.

My primary storage system, is the Cropper Hopper Sticker envelopes. A bunch of them came in the Vertical system holder sets I had gotten at Tuesday Morning. Some of them are a single pocket, and some are multi-pockets.

stickerpiles.jpg
stickerenvelopes.jpg

After the first pass, I was able to figure out some additional categories

Sports, 4th of July, Valentines, St. Patricks/Easter, Fall/Thanksgiving, Kids, Family, Everything Else.

The Alphabet pile quickly outgrew its envelope, so it went into an Iris box. The small Christmas stickers (mostly those 99 cents 3-D stickers that Michaels sells) made the Christmas envelope too puffy, so they went into their own box. And finally, I had some small sticker strips, some of them were from when I was in middle school, but I will find a use for them somewhere, and they went into the little drawers.

stickerssorted.jpg

I ended up with all my envelopes fitting into two PN96 RPMB* system. One is Birthday and all the Holiday envelopes, the other is everything else.

* Reused Priority Mail Box

No pictures from me today. I have sorted my Disney stickers, but I will hold off to post them until tomorrow.

I've noticed we have had a few less posters, chiming in lately. I hope everyone is still plugging along, even though they haven't been posting updates. If you aren't "in the mood" for sticker sorting, or feeling behind because the paper monster ate you up, feel free to skip ahead and work on something you know you can accomplish quickly and easily, to get back into a routine.

For those of you, that have been keeping up, how are new purchases going? Have you been putting things away right away, or are the bags stacking up again? I have not been buying much lately, but the LSS garage sale items I bought, I have put everything away. I got my Bag of Whimsy items yesterday, so I have to open those up and go through everything. Which will take awhile I think.

:wave2: One of those would be me. I've gotten my room organized to the point where I can now put something away after I am done with it. Still need to figure out what to do with the stickers in their bins and to organize the metals - brads, eyelets etc. Other than that - I am done. :thumbsup2
I've even been putting my completed pages in their proper albums. :)

#19 Sort Stickers (check) I do have some stickers in an old Crop & Style binder that I am TRYING to figure out how to implement a system. Any suggestions? With the envelope pocket protectors, you have to sort by size and not theme. Help!!

462944344_qKUFP-M.jpg

I just bought the Crop-and-Style binder. I love it. How I get around the size issue, is that I have each "style" of page (quarter, half, many little blocks) for each theme. So Beach is 5 pages, but has many holes. I figure i will be buying more at some point anyway!

Here is an update of where I am-
Everything through #19 is done. I am doing pretty well on keeping up with most things although paper scraps that need to be cut tend to get piled up a couple of days before I put them in the box.

Sort Stickers- waiting till I get the binder and pages from AWM- they are all collected and most of them are sorted I just would prefer a better way to store them.
Ribbon & Fibers- I have all of this collected to sort but still need to do it. I plan on doing it next week.
Pens & Pencils- Mine are all put away and I keep them put away so this one is already done.
Books & Magazines- I only have a few but once I get rid of my other arts and crafts box I have a shelf that I am moving in- One section will be for storage for these.
Sketches, saved articles, etc- These will be in with my magazines
Rubons- these are to be sorted with my stickers
Chipboard- All of this is sorted in my large embellishments color bags
Metal Embellishments- these were either sorted with the brads, ect or they are sorted with my color bags- I have a few in with the boxes that need to be sorted out into the color bags with my fibers and ribbons next week.
Gemstones, Skittles, and other embellishments- The only thing here not taken care of are my skittles- I have an idea I just haven't put them there. Right now they are in containers sorted by color on my desk- I need to find someplace else to put them in their containers.
Albums- These are away on a shelf- I did this before I had company for Christmas
Pages not in Albums- I found a place for these while sorting my paper- and I put them away- except for all the ones due me from 2 CPS that I hope to recieve in the next few weeks
Swap Supplies (Ziplocs, priority mail boxes, labels, etc)- I will have to see what people are doing on this- I don't like what I have right now.
Punches- Mine are all sorted and put away
Tools- I did these a few weeks ago when we first started- this is what I have been best about putting back immeadiately
Photos- I will need to work on this but I have all my stuff to sort in photo boxes that I can use once it is sorted.
Paper Scraps- I dread this day although I have a system that works I hate cutting them down and sorting them.
Swap Items- I have a bag of these to put away but most of them are away- just what has come in lately- I already have places for them, just don't have them there yet
What's Leftover- I was supposed to work on glitters, sequins, and beads today but haven't yet
What's Leftover

I plan to work on the items to sort into color bags and the swap items to put away next week and then I will wait until I return from my parents on Feb 18th before finishing things up- it will be neat enough for our open house even though I now there is a little more to do. Thanks so much everyone for doing this- I need to clean these things out.

Rebecca

Well, I've been a quiet very sloooooooww organizer going along with this challenge because I can usually only do a few things with it on weekends. But, my first priority has been to organize my Bazzill, and I was planning to get this started over the holidays, but got started last week.

I ordered some 12 5/8 x 12 5/8 poly sleeve envelopes that are self-sealing if you want to seal them. However, I am placing each shade of bazzil in a sleeve, of which I probably have at least 250 different shades, so I ordered 300 of these sleeves. That way, I can pull out the color I need and know exactly what I have. I have been placing all my paper in these sleeves and then into 3 plastic file boxes in order of major colors like red, yellow, orange, etc. Then when I need a specific shade, I can go right to it and also know what I have left. For some of the things I do, I need to know the specific color, shade and texture of the Bazzill. I'm about half done with this sorting.

Hope, it would be nice if this thread or your list of suggestions could be put in a sticky for future reference. I'm sure I'm not alone in that time constraints prevent my being able to do this daily, but would still like to look it up later for suggestions.

I have been placing all my paper in these sleeves and then into 3 plastic file boxes in order of major colors like red, yellow, orange, etc.
What does the plastic file box look like? Is it a 12 x12? Where did you get them? Do you have a picture?
Wow, 250 colors, yes, you need more time. :goodvibes

jan2009059.jpg

This is my room! I just moved into this space before Christmas and everything was just boxed up and moved for me. I have a great space, but I've been overwhelmed by all the 'stuff'.
I am way behind, I'm going out of order, but I am loving all of the ideas! Thanks!

Hope, it would be nice if this thread or your list of suggestions could be put in a sticky for future reference. I'm sure I'm not alone in that time constraints prevent my being able to do this daily, but would still like to look it up later for suggestions.

I was thinking about that already. And after this challenge finishes, to make it a maintenance thread.

What does the plastic file box look like? Is it a 12 x12? Where did you get them? Do you have a picture?
Wow, 250 colors, yes, you need more time. :goodvibes

The boxes are just those plastic ones you can get at office depot or office max. But, you can use any of those sterlite or rubbermaid containers that usually come with the plastic lids and you can get those at Target, Walmart, etc. I sorted them in cardboard bankers boxes at first....I'm only half-way through, though.

jan2009059.jpg

This is my room! I just moved into this space before Christmas and everything was just boxed up and moved for me. I have a great space, but I've been overwhelmed by all the 'stuff'.
I am way behind, I'm going out of order, but I am loving all of the ideas! Thanks!

LOL!!!! :rotfl2: You've been at my house!! We obviously share the same room!! Only, mine has kind of a dusty rose color to the walls instead of blue. Otherwise, I have the same furniture you do except that I have a wide wooden file cabinet separating the same bookcases!!!

When you decide how to organize our mutal room, let me know and I'll follow suit. I have to use it mainly for an office, though!

Rebecca,
Can you explain or post a picture of your colored bags? Are they see through? What size? How are they stored? Thanks.

I am using Mary Kay make-up bags. I had tried selling it at one time but decided it wasn't for me. The bags have four detachable pockets that are clear. They hang on my crate tower (I had a shelf made of things that are lik milk crates but they stack together - you buy them as a set- i got them in college and I use the shelves for various things. The bags hang on the side of the stack.

I store all of the items larger than 1 inch by color in these unless they fit in to my category drawers- I have drawers for various Disney things, times of the year, some holidays, and other larger categories I have a swap items for.

I will upload pictures once my internet is back to normal.

Rebecca

Hopefully I will remember to take pics tomorrow. My stuff is all at my moms. I sorted my ribbon and stickles in to a box I got for $ at Target and the put that plus all the stickles and boxed brads and other lg. roles of ribbon is a photo box. My stickers are done but we still need to do my moms. She has them in the crop and style binders and we hate it. The all keep falling out and its hard to find them. SHe is going to use the Cropped Hopper storage, which is what I use too. My paper is sorted in Crop Hopper storage with the stickers with the paper (but the stickers are in the envelopes). I really need a new holder for my eyelets and brads. There is one I want at Gander Mountain.

I've got my brads, eyelets, and buttons all tidy. My brads and eyelets are sorted into the MM embellishment boxes. I have 2 of those that my SIL gave me awhile back. They are wonderful. I can find what I need very easily by just opening the lid or pulling out a drawer. I don't have a lot of buttons so those are just in a jar sitting on a shelf.

My nonDisney stickers are sorted by theme in file folders in a small file cabinet. My Disney stickers are sorted by theme (character, park, holiday) in file folders in a box.

I do have a couple of shopping bags from yesterday that I need to unload and put things away and I'm still looking at my Jar of Whimsy swap items trying to figure out the best way to deal with them. There's a lot of stuff in those baggies!!!!!

The boxes are just those plastic ones you can get at office depot or office max. But, you can use any of those sterlite or rubbermaid containers that usually come with the plastic lids and you can get those at Target, Walmart, etc. I sorted them in cardboard bankers boxes at first....I'm only half-way through, though.

Ahhh, I thought you meant a file box with a hinge top and handle. How do you handle the space that MIGHT be/get empty as you use paper? Yes, I want to see a pic someday.... so curious. :flower3:

Here's a picture of my sorted Disney stickers.

stickersdisney.jpg

Like the non-Disney stickers, I primarily use the Cropper Hopper Sticker Envelopes. However, for the Disney ones they are sorted by Character or Movie, and I also put swap stuff into the envelopes.

I have Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald&Daisy, Vintage Mickey, Mickey&Friends(multiple characters on the same sheet), Pooh & Friends. Aladdin, BatB, Cinderella, Lilo & Stitch, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Toy Story. And I have envelopes for Disneyland, WDW, General Theme Park (which is the one that is shown in the picture).

For things I don't have that much of, I have sorted into page protectors and in a couple of binders. But I don't have a picture of that. I have one binder for the Pixar Movies, and 2 binders for other movies.

I also have a photo box full of the sticker rolls the Disney Store used to sell several years ago. And one photo box that is just Princess Dresses. Not the Jolee's ones, but the ones the parks used to sell. My Mom found a bunch at one of the Cast Member Only stores for $1 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter