Organize Your Space Challenge - Week 4 Remaining Embellishments, Tools, Albums

holidaybrads.jpg

Here are those Target boxes I've been mentioning. The larger ones were $1 each, the smaller ones 2/$1. The larger ones, the horizontal dividers are removable, so you can make the space larger. I am hoping that this year, the $1 spot will have similar items because I have filled the ones I have. Of course, you can find similar boxes with divided areas...bead boxes, fishing tackle boxes, etc. But I like the price of these. :goodvibes

I have one larger one for Christmas (which shares with leaves) which holds brads & eyelets. The smaller ones are buttons, and some gemstone type embellishments. One for Halloween, one for Christmas.

They are super cute! I have nail organizers (little drawers) from Target for each color. Some of the colors have more than one drawer...but I have the brads, eyelets, buttons, little embellishements, etc. all in one place. Actually, now that I think of it...my flowers are there too.

Day 15: Disney and Other Themed Brads, Eyelets and Buttons.

A lot like yesterday. I still have to finish this up, but I am going to a scrapbook garage sale that one of the LSS holds every 3 months or so. I will be sorting into the same containers I posted a picture of yesterday. I have one box with Disney and animals, and I have another box with random other brads/eyelets (Dinos, kids, pirates, etc). It's mostly the buttons that I still have to do.

Good idea on those drawer units, Mickster. DH has a bunch of those to store his Lego parts in (yes, his Lego. Engineers... :rotfl2:) but I never considered using them for scrapbook storage, even though I have seen pics of others using them. It seems like it would be very compact, and I might need that sooner rather than later.

I'm still following along -- just a bit behind all of you. I will get there.......

(I joined late and then I got called to work a part-time temp job. So I need to do that. )

You all are very inspiring!!!

I had one of those....then I dropped it and everything got mixed again :headache: So I had to pay bigger money for a "proper" one with little screw-top pots (but they don't hold big brads :headache: )

I'm taking inspiration from you all but without a scraproom I have to rely on totes and what I can "steal" from the dining room furniture

I sat down yesterday when myt internet wasn't working and took all my buttons, brads, and eyelets and sorted them out into the boxes- I already had started this so it was adding in the buttons and sorting out everything I had gotten since last fall so I am ready to go back and do my flowers now that my bottles are empty.

When I got little embellishments that weren't in a package or finished using some and didn't put them right way I just added them to some bottles I had so I needed to clean those out to sort my flowers.

Rebecca

Day 16: Basic Brads

For something completely different...a before picture. Most of my stuff is sorted, but at yesterday's LSS garage sale I bought a small mess. Brads, eyelets, charms, photo turns, and some stuff I'm not sure what it is used for, all jumbled together.

bradsmess.jpg

So that is what my task will be today, sort the new arrival. I had also bought a jar full of flowers and I sorted that yesterday. The new jar gave me a better space to store my large fabric flowers. One preview pic, I also bought an empty Plano storage box, which worked perfectly for the button families that I have. I had taken them out of their original packaging, but I didn't have storage for them, so they were in larger jewelry bags.

buttonstorage.jpg

I still have some other buttons, so the container that the mess is in, will hopefully become home to them, and that will clear up some space for the new charms somewhere else.

Do you take them out of the containers they came in?
I have a lot of the Karen Foster brads and they come stuck in foam. These are really too big to put in the organizer I have, so I've been tucking them here and there in my larger iris type drawers. It won't ruin them to take them out, right?

I take those out of the plastic packaging, but I leave them in the foam. The spare parts brads from HL are the same.

collectbuttons.jpg

In this picture, you can see the container in the upper right, there are some white things, those are the foam pieces.

I take those out of the plastic packaging, but I leave them in the foam. The spare parts brads from HL are the same.

collectbuttons.jpg

In this picture, you can see the container in the upper right, there are some white things, those are the foam pieces.

Thanks. I think they can fit in my larger organizer with just the foam.
I have two - are large grey one with smaller drawers and then a smaller green with larger drawers. :rotfl2: And yes - almost every drawer has something in it. 78 drawers. These are NOT the same drawers that my prima & buttons are in. :sad2: Seriously, I think I have a better variety than some small LSSs.

So I've busily going on with my day, ignoring that for about half an hour we had white out conditions outside. There is a stop light about 100 yards down the street, and the only thing I could see was two very faint red lights. It's slowed down, but still falling. Anyway, I just realized I forgot to update this thread!

Well, we're still working on our small embellishments.

Day 17: Basic Buttons

I did successfully sort that mess yesterday, so after cleaning out that opaque storage container, I finished putting my basic buttons away. They used to be in about 5 containers, now it's down to 3. So I used the empties to store some of the themed buttons that I didn't have a spot for, and so were in little baggies.

basicbuttons1.jpg
buttonsthemed.jpg

I still am not entirely satisfied with my storage, but I'm cheap, and don't want to go out and spend $10 on a container. So I will wait until I find something in a $1 spot, garage sale or something.

I did my buttons with my brads earlier this weekend- well until I start sorting things out from the jar of whinsy swap.

I did do my flowers that I had put off earlier in the organization.

Rebecca

So I am hopelessly behind on this challenge, but I have been doing a few things in kind of random order. Yesterday was paper day. I took all the paper I own out into the living room and sorted as I watched TV. I also pulled out a TON of paper to sell at my LSS's yard sale.

This gave me a headache when I saw it:
IMG_7218.jpg

And this is not counting any paper that already had a home somewhere else - Christmas, travel, cat, a few other topics are kept in an Iris case with the appropriate embellishments. Plus I found an Iris Case full of Bling after I had taken this picture.

So in the end, here is what I did:
(Can't take a picture as it's scattered throughout my scrap room)
2 vertical cropper hoppers of Bazzill - sorted by color. Those live in my rolling tote and were already organized, I just had to add new purchases in.
1 vertical cropper hoppper of Bling and DCWV metallic, organized by color.
1 vertical cropper hopper type holder of American Crafts cardstock (The ACM black friday deal)
1 large accordian file type case of all non-themed patterned paper, sorted by predominant color in the pattern
1 vertical cropper hopper of "Themed" patterened paper - animals, school, holidays, etc, with the tabbed dividers to separate them.
1 sterilite file box of my old 8.5x11 non Bazzill cardstock
1 Iris case of Disney patterned paper

This is what I was willing to part with for the sale:
IMG_7220.jpg

And since we're talking about buttons, that was a project from last week for me. Before, I had a giant ziplock bag of all my buttons mixed together. Too hard to find what I wanted, so I sorted them all by color. The container is called a ScrapOnizer. It comes with thin plastic cases with varying size compartments. The lid snaps shut tightly so you can store them vertically like a book.
IMG_7222.jpg

This is actually not all the buttons - I have a few more baggies in a different ScrapOnizer case, but you get the idea.

Great Job NEE! Don't worry about being behind, it's just important that you are working on it, instead of giving up and letting the "monster" win.

And a FYI for everyone, we're approaching the "Sort Stickers" day. I don't plan on us to do it all on one day. I am going to let that one day, run the rest of the week, and move onto the next item on the list after that on Monday.

Day 18: Basic Eyelets

Last day for the buttons, brads, and eyelets. Hopefully, you have decided on a system, and implemented it. If you are like me, you might have run out of storage space for everything, and had to use a backup system for the short term (I have some basic eyelets in small jewelry bags, until I can get another box). I have a small list, now, of storage things I want to look for. It's good to have a list instead of guessing what I need, and if this thing in front of me would work or not.

Here is everything of mine. Brads/Eyelets are in the top two layers. Bottom layer has my button storage, and room for some other embellishments that we will be getting to later (gemstones, etc).

bradstorage.jpg

Tomorrow sticker sorting begins...

I am desperately behind also!
However, this one is easy as I have exactly one pack of Mickey Eyelets and they are with my brads.
I was really hoping to see that embellishment box because they would be in there!

I have a lot done, but still want to change some things. Yes, I have things packed, but I want a better/more meaningful reason for it. DH goes on a business trip Wed-Sat, so I am going to get a lot done. woo hoo :cool1: As for now, I have redone some aspects of my room. Yes, it is now a different messy area. I look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

#8 Sort Paper (finally unpacked and unwrapped all that purchased paper. Kits I left together and made a special shelf for those in 12x12 CTMH ziplock bags)
462924047_x7LBa-M.jpg

#9 Put away - Cardstock (check :) )By finally going through all my paper I realized I needed more space. I moved my 12x12 trays and can see it all better.
462924313_mtZEL-M.jpg

#10 Put Away - Patterned Paper (check :) ) I used a friends' categories of random, flowers, dots, plaid and stripes for the base of the patterns.

462924500_nebCi-M.jpg

Themed paper either goes on the trays on the right if there is a lot like school and birthdays or it goes in the accordion between the trays.

462924408_QWLCU-M.jpg

Opened accordion with holidays, pets, nature, travel, etc.
462924187_9NDs5-M.jpg

I also use the Clip It Up for ALL holiday and birthday stickers and embellishments. I use packages, zip lock bags or just the stickers/borders. This helps me have ALL of it in one visual place. My 12x12 stuff fits nicely, but I still have trouble with 12x12 borders that are NOT holiday. Another project for when DH is gone.

#11 Collect Stickers (check :) ) I just use file folders with themes. When DH is gone I plan on labeling some things much nicer!!!!
462924778_rEfqj-M.jpg

462924891_Tk4PM-M.jpg

#12 Collect Eyelets, Brads, Buttons (check :) ) I use drawers for the smaller containers and stack the larger ones on top. I love my OTC containers for their price AND durability.
462923124_SqJYu-M.jpg

This is a close up of OTC's small tic tac containers.

462923213_HYb8R-M.jpg

This is a close up of the larger OTC containers.

462923440_jYDMB-M.jpg

I also use the CTMH case. Yes, I have WAY too many brads/eyelets, etc.

462923788_i5rpP-M.jpg

#13 Flowers (check :) ) I just use a plastic box to contain them all. They stay in their purchased containers. I don't have too many. I do need to pretty up the box though.

462923701_x46Yf-M.jpg

#14 Holiday Eyelets, Brads & Buttons (check :) ) These are sorted on my Clip It Up.

#15 Disney and other Themed Eyelets, Brads & Buttons (check :) ) Slow to collect...I know...shameful beginner. :snooty: Will be in an embellishment container.
#16 Basic Shaped Brads (circles, squares, stars, hearts) (check :) ) Sorted in embellishments boxes. I do have more boxes on order because I still have a basket to sort. I know, I know...stop buying!!!
#17 Basic Buttons (check :) )I store my buttons, tags and a few other embellishments in a larger tray box.
462923913_TPULm-M.jpg

#18 Basic Shaped Eyelets (circles, hearts, stars) (check) Again, most are in embellishment boxes.
#19 Sort Stickers (check) I do have some stickers in an old Crop & Style binder that I am TRYING to figure out how to implement a system. Any suggestions? With the envelope pocket protectors, you have to sort by size and not theme. Help!!

462944344_qKUFP-M.jpg

I am SO jealous of all those brads and eyelets. Although, I think if I stored them the way you have, I'm sure I have just as many.

I think that CTMH case is where 2 of my little thingys comes from. At a LSS garage sale, awhile back I bought some eyelets in little jars with a screw top lid. I had wondered...

Great job!

#19 Sort Stickers (check) I do have some stickers in an old Crop & Style binder that I am TRYING to figure out how to implement a system. Any suggestions? With the envelope pocket protectors, you have to sort by size and not theme. Help!!

462944344_qKUFP-M.jpg

First of all- great job so far!!!

Can you change the order around and put various size pages near each other so you could have various size sports stickers in a couple of pages in a row that are have different size holders and then move on to beach in the next few pages.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter