Organize Your Space Challenge - Week 4 Remaining Embellishments, Tools, Albums

I had to go into my stash and look for old new baby pages for a cousin-in-law who just had a girl. So I got dressed in layers of fleece, wore my hat & scarf and spent 3 hours pulling out all of my paper. The card stock got seperated by color, disney papers all went together (I think they are all together). I still have to sort out all the pattern stuff. I am glad I was able to make a dent in my paper. I did find all the stuff for the CIL and added a pink marker for her incase she wants to start before she leaves the hospital.

Morning ladies. I'm still working on this but my craft room was in such a mess I'm not able to follow the daily updates. I have however been working on it and there is progress. DH even says so. LOL I'll take pictures when its all done.

Last day for paper, except all those scraps we are still saving. Your patterned paper should all be together, sorted by theme, pattern or whatever method you decided. Now get it all filed away.

Since you have a system now, the paper monster should not threaten your space anymore. When new paper comes in, put it in its place. Take 15 minutes once a week, and you should be able to keep that beastie under control...until you run out of space again. But that won't be a problem, because we will all have clean and inviting work spaces and we will be using up our stash this year.

I am going to attempt to get all my paper sorted and put away today, so I can get some pictures up later.

I did spend some time this weekend sorting one pile of patterned paper that was kind of a hodge-podge. It is all sorted and in labeled drawers. Scraps have their own drawer and their own system, so no problems there. I even purged about 30 sheets.................P

I have mine put away- I even put away what I bought last week (I had put this away a week ago for most of it)

Rebecca

DH is going to be out of town this weekend. I think that would be the perfect time for me to organize my Scrap things. That way he doesn't see all that I have. :rotfl2:

By the way I love this thread and I have seen several good ideas for storage solutions.

Thank you for sharing and posting your pictures.

::::sneaking back in here:::::: I can't bear to look at all of the diff places my paper is. I got to this part and stopped!! aaaaahhhhhhhhh!! I will T R Y to go through some paper. Some how. Some day. Prob not today. :rotfl2:

My down fall will be organizing the brads, eyelets and other metals. I have my flowers organized by color & size already. My ribbon and fiber are corralled for now. But the metals. Aiyahha.

I haven't put too much away lately but all my paper is good so I'm not behind. I did however put a few more page kits together so I'm still moving forward, just in a zip zag formation. LOL

Zig Zag is okay, two forward/one back is okay (I feel like that sometimes, since cleaning up one thing, means finding a mess of something else), dart board style is okay. The only thing not okay is throwing in the towel and giving up. We'll all get there!

I finished all my cardstock, 8x8, 8.5 x 11 paper. And I'm about halfway through my patterned paper. Still hoping to have it all put away tonight.

I bought 2 more Iris boxes tonight at Ms. I love those! One is for scraps and the other is temporarily for stickers. Im going to have a whole room full of Iris boxes by the time we're through!

Day 11: Collect Stickers

With the paper all put away, you should have an open container or two...Now, we are going to pull together the next big project. Stickers.

I got some new storage devices while I was in Florida. They are selling these fold out totes for $3.99 at the Character Warehouse at the Premier Outlets off I-4, if you are in the area. They are about 6-8 inches high, and about the size capable of holding 8.5 x 11 paper stacks. When I get around to getting one of those cubicle shelves, I am all set, since I got 6 of them.

I used 2 to collect my stickers. One for Disney and one for everything else. I had my stickers in 3 different Iris drawers, and 2 different photo boxes, but they weren't in any order, so I couldn't find anything. I also had some in a file folder, and a different box, now that I think about it. I'm still not sure about a sorting plan, but I have a bunch of Cropper Hopper sticker envelopes that I had gotten in the sets from Tuesday Morning awhile back. I am hoping that they will work for the holiday themed stickers, and alphabet stickers, and that I don't have too many of those!

collectstickers.jpg

My stickers are in order. I have a small file cabinet and have them sorted in file folders by category. That way I can take a peek through it when I work on a specific theme and see if I have anything that I can use. My Disney stickers are sorted in folders by character, park, resort, etc. in a seperate cloth covered file box that a friend gave me a year ago. I finally figured out the best use for it. So, I'm okay on stickers for today's bit.

But, I'm still working on paper. I have a stack of paper that I bought last week that I will sort and file away today.

I am good on the stickers. The Clip It is used for Holidays and Birthdays (pic soon) and a file box with folders is used to store the rest by theme. With all the fun cricut and die cut embellishments we can make now, I am slowing down on the sticker usage. (Not completely, of course!!)

I need a little more time with my patterned paper. Ughhh. Categories to decide on.....

PS: I live in the DC area, so a road trip would be awesome to bring my way. We could crop in my room AFTER this sort. :goodvibes Off to deal with Inauguration Madness. :thumbsup2

Day 11: Collect Stickers

With the paper all put away, you should have an open container or two...Now, we are going to pull together the next big project. Stickers.

I got some new storage devices while I was in Florida. They are selling these fold out totes for $3.99 at the Character Warehouse at the Premier Outlets off I-4, if you are in the area. They are about 6-8 inches high, and about the size capable of holding 8.5 x 11 paper stacks. When I get around to getting one of those cubicle shelves, I am all set, since I got 6 of them.

I used 2 to collect my stickers. One for Disney and one for everything else. I had my stickers in 3 different Iris drawers, and 2 different photo boxes, but they weren't in any order, so I couldn't find anything. I also had some in a file folder, and a different box, now that I think about it. I'm still not sure about a sorting plan, but I have a bunch of Cropper Hopper sticker envelopes that I had gotten in the sets from Tuesday Morning awhile back. I am hoping that they will work for the holiday themed stickers, and alphabet stickers, and that I don't have too many of those!

collectstickers.jpg

I am game for collecting all the stickers I have stashed in different places and the ones in my 2 Crop in Style binders, but I want to know what to do with them before I go gathering them up.

I got 2 more iris thingies yesterday...and 2 photo boxes too.

they are still empty. Hmm....

I have these drawer like things that I keep the stickers in...sorted by subject. It seems to be working for me... :)

I have these drawer like things that I keep the stickers in...sorted by subject. It seems to be working for me... :)

What size are your drawers?
I have major problem, pain in the tush kind, with the larger border size stickers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter