Oreo Bon Bons (Cape May Cafe)

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by rrali33tt, Oct 25, 2012.

1. rrali33tt

rrali33tt Mouseketeer

I just read about these on the Disneyfoodblog.com

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...ub-marketplace/comment-page-1/#comment-414457

I have never had the pleasure of trying these, but they look devine! I found a recipe for them online and I am thinking of making them for a party this weekend. What exactly are they coated in? The recipe says to coat them in chocolate ganache, but from the picture it looks like they are coated in some sort of chocolate cake? Can anyone who has had them tell me what exactly they are coated in and what type of chocolate (milk? dark?) Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

I think it was a milk chocolate ganache and not cake like but choco covered. That picture, in your link, doesn't look like what we had...I'll have to see if there are any pics here on the Dis. We didn't think they were all that, but I know lots of folks LOVE them. They should be a hit at your party.

4. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

They are covered in very fine chocolate crumbs. I don't know if it is shaved chocolate or cookie crumbs. They are amazing and heavingly. One of my favorite desserts in all of WDW!

5. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Note that Cape May no longer serves them! but apparently you can buy them at the Beach Club Marketplace.

7. rrali33tt

rrali33tt Mouseketeer

Maybe I will attempt to chop milk chocolate in a food processor then coat some of them in that and dust with cocoa powder and top with the dark chocolate ganache?

if anyone has any other ideas...please post :)