Ordering Room Service for Shore Excursions?

kerri0616

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

We're spending our Nassau day at Atlantis, and I'm too cheap to pay their exhorbitant (sp?) prices for lunch.

Can I pre-order room service sandwiches to be ready that morning, wrapped up somehow?, and then just take them in my portable cooler?

Thanks all! Just trying to be as economical as possible!;)

Kerri

No, you cannot take food off the ship. People do it, but you can be subject to huge fines if you get caught.

You cannot bring food back onto US soil but we've never had any trouble taking sandwiches off of the ship in the ports. We bring along a box of Ziploc bags to put the sandwiches in. We also order some of the great chocolate chip cookies. Everything goes in our soft-sided cooler and we're all set! We NEVER take produce off of the ship though, just as a precaution.

If you decide to take sandwiches then take some Z-lock bags and order them the night before. We usually have peanut butter crackers that we take with us. Anything unopened is fine. I have never seen them check to see what people are taking off the ship.

I don't know about it being illegal but we were told to do it by a crew member. We ordered cookies and uncrustable pb & j sandwiches and they worked out great. We put them in zip locks and then in our backback. No problem from anyone and this was in Grand Cayman.

Judy:cool1:

dunno if there's more to it, but according to the passporter, it mentions taking food off the ship into ports and all it says is you can't bring opened food containers back on the ship which of course would be a huge health concern.

We did it. Ordered Sandwiches the night before plus took some fruit from breakfast. Atlantis lunch prices are higher than WDW

just went to Atlantis last week and wish we had done this. The prices were higher than Disney as previous poster said. I am from long island and used to high prices but it was ridiculous there. Also you can not use cash there like the ship. You have to use cc or charge to your room. We love the pools and slides at Atlantis though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter