Ordering Pay Per Views in Rooms at CBR?

canabrits2

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

UFC 129 is on April 30th and that's our fist day at CBR. We're huge fans but we have our little girl with us and don't want to travel out to ESPN Club to watch it (not sure if they even show it or not).

Is it possible to order a Pay Per View sporting event in your room at CBR??

Thanks!!

Well rats.

:(

It's in Toronto and at the only time we're not in Canada.

Oh well, at least we have a really good reason to miss it! :)

Does UFC offer viewing over the web? If so, and you had a laptop you could take along, you might be able to watch that way.

I always thought they should have pay preview for all the Disney movies. They could make a killing. Like they aren't already.

Does UFC offer viewing over the web? If so, and you had a laptop you could take along, you might be able to watch that way.

That's a good idea Lynne. I think I'll look into that and see if it's possible. We have a 7 year old and she goes to bed early (she needs loads of sleep), so staying out at ESPN Club until 1am (even if they offer PPV UFC) and then travelling back to CBR from BV would not be fun for her....or us with her the next day! Taking a laptop or iPad with us and watching it while she's sleeping would be best. :)

I wonder if lots of other parents have a hard time at Disney after 8pm when their child is sleeping. We may keep her up one or two nights but I fear we're going to be stuck in the room for most nights staring at her sleeping.

:confused3

That's a good idea Lynne. I think I'll look into that and see if it's possible. We have a 7 year old and she goes to bed early (she needs loads of sleep), so staying out at ESPN Club until 1am (even if they offer PPV UFC) and then travelling back to CBR from BV would not be fun for her....or us with her the next day! Taking a laptop or iPad with us and watching it while she's sleeping would be best. :)

I wonder if lots of other parents have a hard time at Disney after 8pm when their child is sleeping. We may keep her up one or two nights but I fear we're going to be stuck in the room for most nights staring at her sleeping.

:confused3

The limited viewing options at Disney were, perhaps, the most surprising thing about our trip last year. We're not sports fans, but there was very little available. Pay per view movies would have been nice. I think this time we're bringing a portable DVD player for DS on the plane that we should be able to hook up to the TV, as I've heard others have done. That won't really help with live sports, though.

Does anyone know why Disney does this? I know they want you in the parks, but...

The limited viewing options at Disney were, perhaps, the most surprising thing about our trip last year. We're not sports fans, but there was very little available. Pay per view movies would have been nice. I think this time we're bringing a portable DVD player for DS on the plane that we should be able to hook up to the TV, as I've heard others have done. That won't really help with live sports, though.

Does anyone know why Disney does this? I know they want you in the parks, but...

Some say it's because they want you in the parks, but I think it's more likely a combination of these:

1) Advertising their own channels: You'll notice that the channel lineup consists mostly of Disney-owned channels: Disney, DisneyXD, the ESPNs, SoapNet. etc. If they have few offerings other than these channels, you'll watch their channels, and maybe find something you'll like and continue watching once you get home. It drives traffic to their channels. Plus, they'd love for you to watch the promotional channels for the cruise, Disney Vacation Club, etc...

2) Competition: Needless to say, you're not going to see the Disney Channel's major competitor, Nickelodeon, or any of their channels.

3) Cost: Cable channels don't come free. Just as you have to pay for access to TNT, TBS, FX, etc at home, so would Disney. And considering that they have something like 30,000 resort rooms with TVs to feed, it wouldn't be cheap. They have no business reason to spend the money. Very few people would choose to stay offsite just because they can't watch Spike or USA in a Disney resort.

4) Family-friendly-ness: You won't see HBO or any of the other premium movie channels. Aside from the cost, Disney promotes a family-friendly environment in their hotels, and they don't want complaints from parents whose kiddies were learning new vocabulary words from watching R-rated movies on HBO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter