Ordering at a Signature

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
In the past, my family got the DxDDP and used it at signature restaurants. On our upcoming trips, we do not plan on going with any dining plan. We are still going to try a couple of signature restaurants but will be using a DVC discount instead. We always felt that the dining plan caused us to eat way too much food. We want to avoid eating that much for our next trips. For the places we are eating, we are interested in only getting an entree each. Will we look weird not ordering several courses at a signature?

In the past, my family got the DxDDP and used it at signature restaurants. On our upcoming trips, we do not plan on going with any dining plan. We are still going to try a couple of signature restaurants but will be using a DVC discount instead. We always felt that the dining plan caused us to eat way too much food. We want to avoid eating that much for our next trips. For the places we are eating, we are interested in only getting an entree each. Will we look weird not ordering several courses at a signature?

Nope, people do it often and since you're getting entree's it's really not a 'judging' issue either.
One thing I don't agree with are guests who will visit a signature restaurant and order one or two appetizers for the total check and tie up a server's $200/party table average for $18 just to hangout.

Last edited:

1) We frequently just order an appy or just an entrée.
2) In fact, we actually split an appy and entrée more often.
3) No problems what so ever.

NOTE: The exception is that I will NEVER split my Ooey-Gooey-Toffee-Cake at LTT.

I don't think you'll find the practice of only ordering an entree and a drink to be unusual, even in a signature restaurant.

When my wife and I stopped buying DXDDP, the only change to our eating habits was to not order "just because it is included". So, one appetizer for both of us at some restaurants, or two salads at others, entrees for both of us, and no desserts, 1 dessert to share, or 2 desserts. When we totalled up what we spent on food (signature restaurants every night, sit down lunches), we found that we spent nearly $600 less than the dining plan would cost for the 10 day trip.

I don't think you'll find the practice of only ordering an entree and a drink to be unusual, even in a signature restaurant.

When my wife and I stopped buying DXDDP, the only change to our eating habits was to not order "just because it is included". So, one appetizer for both of us at some restaurants, or two salads at others, entrees for both of us, and no desserts, 1 dessert to share, or 2 desserts. When we totalled up what we spent on food (signature restaurants every night, sit down lunches), we found that we spent nearly $600 less than the dining plan would cost for the 10 day trip.

Right on. The belief that DDP saves money is a myth, one of Disney's cleverest revenue generators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter