• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordered the Glass Slippers and Dog Bones!

Aisling

<font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your
I called the Grand Floridian, they put me through to the Cafe, they put me through to their special orders number, and I ordered 2 Glass Slippers and 1 Dalmation Dog Bone for July 9th. I asked about personalizing them, having our names written in chocolate on the plate, and CM Heather said "Of course we can do that for you!"

This is at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We're not having a meal, just the desserts with iced tea. It was easy to order, and my mom is going to be floored! This is her first time to WDW and I want her to see how magical it is, how accommodating the CMs are, how fantasies do come true there!

Thanks for sharing. I'm so tempted to do this. I just don't know where to eat at the GF to get them.

So far we are having breakfast at 1900 Park fare.

Do you make PS for the GF Cafe?

Thanks agian!

I did this for my kids when we ate at 1900 PF dinner and they were so suprised! The cm brought them out after we'd finished eating our meal and there they were so beautiful and had their names written on the plates! My kids were kinda amazed by that! Ds ate his dog bones, but dd wasn't crazy about the taste of her slipper. It was almost too pretty to eat anyway! I'm glad that I ordered them!

What exactly are the dog bones? And how much are they? Im hoping to get 3 glass slippers,but I was planning on just sharing them with DSs. I figured they probably wouldnt like them and dont really care about Cinderellas shoes, LOL! But now that I hear about these dog bones, Im thinking they might like those.
Any info would be appreciated. :D

Yeah, what are the Dog Bones? Can you describe them please? Sounds like an add-on for our 1900 Park Fare dinner.

Can you get these at any of the GF restaurants? Narcoossee's maybe?

gf_cit4.jpg

This a photo of the dalmation Dog Bones. They're eclairs, and cost about $8.

You can get them, as well as the Glass Slipper, at any GF restaurant, but you have to call ahead to special order them.

I'm so happy that they have something for the guys, too!

Oh those are cool! Thanks for posting pictures.
I know my kids would like the idea of them,but Im not sure if they would eat them. Hmmm, the big decision. ;)

ok now that i have seen the dog bones does anyone have a picture and description of what type of dessert the glass slipper is:sunny:

I ordered two of them for our dinner at 1900 park fare 7/2/04 for two special little girls! I cant wait to see their faces. Im sure the adults will be happy to share. the dog bones are so cute Im just not sure my 2 year old boy would eat it. thanks for the info and pics!

Aisling - I just ordered two glass slippers and the dog bones also. I asked about having the names written (thanks to your post) and they told me it would be $10 per name. I didn't get it because DH would have a heart attack if I spent $54 for dessert for three kids under 7! Let me know if they do yours for free so I'll know for next time whether I got a misinformed CM or not.

how late do these stay open? I can go for dessert late depending on the hours of operation. I would really like to do this, but I dont see where we will fit it in if we cant for for dessert at a late time.

Southern4sure

They charge for writting a name in chocolate?? When I called to order, they asked me if I wanted the kids names on them. And there was no extra charge! Thats crazy!

I just ordered two glass slippers and the dog bones also. I asked about having the names written (thanks to your post) and they told me it would be $10 per name.

The CM who took my order didn't say anything about being charged for the names. This is the first time I'm hearing about it!
Please call back and ask for Heather.

Thanks Aisling I'll do it tomorrow. Too busy today with ds high school graduation party! You can never tell if you're gettting the correct information from some of the CM's. If I hadn't seen your post I wouldn't have thought of asking for the names. Also if I didn't read the boards I would have taken the CMs word at face value. Let you know how I make out!

Finally got a call back from GF. It is free to have the names written on the plates. The $10 charge the CM was talking about was for a chocolate name plate that they can do. Also asked about the individual castle cakes that I saw on the Food Network Disney wedding special and they are $25.00 each. I'm sticking with the slippers and bones!

But I would order the little castle cake for an anniversary treat. That would be darling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter