• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordered Disney Vans from Amazon.. and THIS is what shows up.. :( Warning: Gross factor

Legendofthehawk

Mouseketeer
I am at a loss. I don't know where to turn. :(

A little while back I found this awesome Disney Haul on youtube and one of the guys there had these awesome Disney Villian Vans. Right away, I fell in love. I neeeeeeeeeeeded them! Unfortunately, they are only sold at Journey Shoe store.. and all of our stores are sold out. The one that does have them here, has them only in Mens size 12 and 13.

So I rushed to ebay and Amazon. I found them in my size at both, but ultimately choose to go with Amazon. The price was .. pretty astounding. Because they were HTF, they were 119. dollars a pair.
:earseek: Fortunately, I had some birthday gift cards laying around.. which made the out of pocket much less. These were slated to come right after I finished my summer term of A&P, which would kinda serve as a "you survive summer!" gift.

I saw this morning from tracking that they had been delivered. I opened the priority package in a rush, excited to get to see what they looked like in person! Once I opened the box, I saw that the Disney Box that was supposed to be new, was beaten up. Not a big deal, because it's just a box.. but it made me worried about what was inside.

2ujjpdh.jpg
[/IMG]
2mgnix4.jpg

I opened it and flipped over the shoes to see if they were warn like the box. .... And this is what I found..

Warning: Gross content ahead..

2ujjpdh.jpg

25iof9t.jpg

Gross.

The shoes are also covered in some kind of animal hair..

2z5ri12.jpg

Not just the outside...

5vdcv5.jpg

2qs3p7c.jpg

We are a pet free house.

I left a review and messaged the seller. I basically got "sorry. We are human and we make mistakes" and "you can return them for a refund".

I communicated that I did not want a full refund. I would have liked a partial refund (30 dollars at least, I feel would have been fair) or an exchange for new pair. The seller also told me that I shouldn't be so upset about it and again, they would take back their pair of shoes and issue me a full refund. But they are human and they make mistakes.

.. Sending someone the wrong pair of shoes is a mistake. Sending out the wrong size. But sending someone shoes that are covered in animal hair and poop, is not a mistake. That's ... ..

Q4MdccKUcLIY.gif

This seller has a 100 percent rating, even with my 1 star rating. :( I am sure this isn't the first time something like this has happened.. it just really makes me wonder

I ended up emailing amazon because I was at a loss for what to do.

While I was typing this post, a rep from amazon got back to me and let me know what my options were. Amazon is refunding me some of my money to my card even though it wasn't their fault. She said because the seller is on Amazon, they kind of back the Amazon name and it was up to her to make it right.

She said I could still return the shoes to the seller if I wanted for a refund, or I could keep them with the visa credit. It seemed like she said I could do both, but I am happy with the credit and the shoes. After I get some gloves, bleach and masking tape to take off the animal hair (and maybe some sage or something to "cleanse" them.. ;0) they should be fine.

It still slightly irritates me that the seller doesn't feel like anything was wrong aside from a "slight human error".

So, if you are ordering Disney shoes for your trip.. please becareful of who you order from!

I don't know how vans look on the bottom once they are worn. Do they look worn at all? They don't to me but I don't know how vans work.

I'm thinking someone didn't wear them and step into the poo. So how did the poo get there?!!

That's a horrible error. Clearly they were used but sold as new. But not sure what you expect beyond the seller offering a full and prompt refund? That's exactly the option you want available when something goes wrong - whether intentional, or not.

Trying to negotiate a partial refund and you keeping the product is certainly your right, but a buyer can't expect to complain because some deal they perceive is fair is not considered fair by the seller.

I agree the shoes arrived in gross and completely unacceptable condition. But I'm unclear on exactly what your biggest problem is. You seem willing to keep and wear the poop shoes but are most upset that the CS rep at the seller wasn't apologetic enough? :confused: The reply you got seems very reasonable to me - she acknowledged the error and offered you a full refund. You don't mention them trying to shirk responsibility or denying the return. It clearly was a mistake on somebody's part, as they said. If you wanted to keep the shoes and just get a discount, not all sellers offer that option. Is that what you're so mad about - not being offered the exact remedy you requested? I'm glad that Amazon did it for you after the fact. All's well that ends well. :wave2:

Last edited:
I don't know how vans look on the bottom once they are worn. Do they look worn at all? They don't to me but I don't know how vans work.

I'm thinking someone didn't wear them and step into the poo. So how did the poo get there?!!

Vans don't really wear out from one use. This is just gross gross gross. I have pets and never would I be okay getting something that has another animal's feces on it. No clue what pathogens could be in it that would get me or my own dogs sick.

Considering the sticker is still on the bottom of the other shoe, is it possible that they really are new and the Vietnamese just have a very extensive QC/testing procedure?

I agree the shoes arrived in gross and completely unacceptable condition. But I'm unclear on exactly what your biggest problem is. You seem willing to keep and wear the poop shoes but are most upset that the CS rep at the seller wasn't apologetic enough? :confused: The reply you got seems very reasonable to me - she acknowledged the error and offered you a full refund. You don't mention them trying to shirk responsibility or denying the return. It clearly was a mistake on somebody's part, as they said. If you wanted to keep the shoes and just get a discount, not all sellers offer that option. Is that what you're so mad about - not being offered the exact remedy you requested? I'm glad that Amazon did it go you after the fact. All's well that ends well. :wave2:

The term "poop shoes" has immediately been added to my "like a post" criteria.

;)

:rotfl:

I am thinking that these were either done when they were tried on (maybe they were returned to the seller and they never checked to make sure?) or they were warn very limitedly.

Def. Not new with tags in box.

That's a horrible error. Clearly they were used but sold as new. But not sure what you expect beyond the seller offering a full and prompt refund? That's exactly the option you want available when something goes wrong - whether intentional, or not.

Trying to negotiate a partial refund and you keeping the product is certainly your right, but a buyer can't expect to complain because some deal they perceive is fair is not considered fair by the seller.

That's true. When something goes wrong, you do generally want a full and prompt refund. This is a little more then just a mistaken case of the wrong shoe, wrong size..etc.

Also, I didn't just ask for a partial refund. The seller asked me what I wanted to do. I also offered that instead I'd like an exchange of shoes, if they weren't willing to do the first. Shoes that you know, were actually new in the box, with tags, hadn't been warn and full of gross animalesque things. They also had them inventory.

I agree the shoes arrived in gross and completely unacceptable condition. But I'm unclear on exactly what your biggest problem is. You seem willing to keep and wear the poop shoes but are most upset that the CS rep at the seller wasn't apologetic enough? :confused: The reply you got seems very reasonable to me - she acknowledged the error and offered you a full refund. You don't mention them trying to shirk responsibility or denying the return. It clearly was a mistake on somebody's part, as they said. If you wanted to keep the shoes and just get a discount, not all sellers offer that option. Is that what you're so mad about - not being offered the exact remedy you requested? I'm glad that Amazon did it go you after the fact. All's well that ends well. :wave2:

You bet. The we're all human, we make mistakes..you shouldn't be so upset thing, is to me, not good enough. Again. This isn't the wrong pair of shoes. It's not the wrong size. It's an item received not only not as described (not new, not with tags..etc.), but covered in hair and excrement. That should be a little more than "yeah, we're human and we make mistakes". Also, as a seller, I would have thought that they would have been horrified at their product and how it happened to begin with. It wasn't a big deal to them, which makes me wonder..

Again. I did ask for a partial refund, but that wasn't the only option I offered when the seller asked me what I wanted to . I think an exchange would have been reasonable option since they had it in stock.

Last edited:
Also, I didn't just ask for a partial refund. The seller asked me what I wanted to do. I also offered that instead I'd like an exchange of shoes, if they weren't willing to do the first. Shoes that you know, were actually new in the box, with tags, hadn't been warn and full of gross animalesque things. They also had them inventory.

If they have them new in inventory, just accept the refund and order another pair.

Problem solved.

Some version of "don't be so upset" or whatever it might have been that was said may possibly have been in response to how you were presenting? I do t know, I'm just guessing - but I manage customer service and warranty and its nigh on impossible to reach a good resolution with a customer who is very overwrought. (Just a theory OP - not sayin'...)

Last edited:
I've worked in CS for a very long time. As you also work in CS, you also know that communication is extremely important when an issue is trying to be resolved (unless you work for the government, in which case.. they don't have to care if you get it resolved). What you say or sometimes how you say it, can take what is turning upbeat downhill very quickly. It can also salvage something just as easily. Words are important

I was understandably upset, but still very clear in how I choose my words and what I said. Still, it is possible, because it is on-line and not in person, that it could have been taken that way. I know how I took their attitude, and maybe it wasn't at all how they meant to come off.

I'm guessing that someone had returned it after trying it out outside. The hair is typical of a house with pets.

It's up to the seller to be sure that it's in salable condition, and if not to prep it properly and perhaps offer it at a discount.

If it was stocked at Amazon, by default returns are automatically re-listed by Amazon without the seller ever seeing it. Chances are it was returned by someone, cycled into Amazon stock and the seller had no idea.

I think we've all dealt with sellers that would have been more likely to charge a restocking fee (and probably a separate cleaning fee :D ) than to offer a full refund. Or maybe give a $10 credit pending you paying shipping to return the poo.

Fortunately Amazon does pretty well trying to keep you happy - even with 3rd party sellers.

If it was stocked at Amazon, by default returns are automatically re-listed by Amazon without the seller ever seeing it. Chances are it was returned by someone, cycled into Amazon stock and the seller had no idea.

I think it is likely it was returned in that condition and the seller didn't check it. Either that or it was the seller, but the first case seems more likely.

If was stocked by Amazon, wouldn't it say so on the seller page? - Stocked by Amazon- ?

I think we've all dealt with sellers that would have been more likely to charge a restocking fee (and probably a separate cleaning fee :D ) than to offer a full refund.

Fortunately Amazon does pretty well trying to keep you happy - even with 3rd party sellers.

Truth. I guess on that account, I also got quiet lucky. ;)

I think it is likely it was returned in that condition and the seller didn't check it. Either that or it was the seller, but the first case seems more likely.

If was stocked by Amazon, wouldn't it say so on the seller page? - Stocked by Amazon- ?

It should, yes, usually says something like Fulfilled by Amazon

Got it. This one doesn't say that anywhere on the page. It is still worth considering though that because the seller goes through Amazon, Amazon is really good with allowing returns... so someone could have returned it in this condition. But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

When you buy a pair of pre-pooed shoes, you are not allowed to call yourself "lucky" for at least a week. ;)

Fair enough.

Is this better?
PW24kUmUv3vlm.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter