Order for split stay

wdwmom3

DIS Veteran
Since I'm kind of bummed at my other family members requests to stay at a family suite we might do a split stay. I know you would usually go up in resort category. But we would split between a family suite and a standard room at a deluxe. So which would be Bette to do first? Should we start at a deluxe and then move to the roomier suite or the other way around? I'm confused lol.

Without knowing more about your travel party, I will make a few assumptions and give my opinion.

If you are traveling with extended family, and then will be on your own in the deluxe, I would do the family suite first. People will be fresh and excited about the trip, you will want to spend all your time with the family/friends, etc. Then as the trip is winding down, you've seen a lot in the parks and may want a resort day or just to reconnect with your significant other (who I assume you are sharing this deluxe room with). It will be more relaxing and a nice break from all the "togetherness"!

... I would do the family suite first. People will be fresh and excited about the trip, you will want to spend all your time with the family/friends, etc. Then as the trip is winding down, you've seen a lot in the parks and may want a resort day or just to reconnect with your significant other (who I assume you are sharing this deluxe room with). It will be more relaxing and a nice break from all the "togetherness"!

I agree :thumbsup2

It's my boyfriend and I and 3 kids. The kids are 11, 10, and 2. We are booked into akl at the moment but now my boyfriend is concerned we need more room and wants a family suite. But I know I will miss the deluxe resort. We are going for 8 nights. So it's either 8 nights in a family suite or 4 in a suite and 4 in a deluxe (to make me happy lol).

It's my boyfriend and I and 3 kids. The kids are 11, 10, and 2. We are booked into akl at the moment but now my boyfriend is concerned we need more room and wants a family suite. But I know I will miss the deluxe resort. We are going for 8 nights. So it's either 8 nights in a family suite or 4 in a suite and 4 in a deluxe (to make me happy lol).

If it was me I would do the suites first then the deluxe but that just me. Have fun no matter which you chose :)

If there's no chance to stay at AKL the whole time, I would do 4 nights in a family suite and then move to AKL for the last 4 nights.

I would do as PPs have suggested. Suite first deluxe second. I often do split stays and that is how I do it. Another element to consider is that the transportation is much better from the deluxes so it would be difficult for me to go to buses from the monorail or walking in the case of the Epcot resorts. I've never stayed at AKL so I can't speak to the quality of transporation. i know its all buses there as well so maybe this wouldn't be a factor.

Regardless I think ending your trip at a deluxe would be a more relaxing ending to your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter