Orbtz and Adding Child

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
I just made a room reservation with Orbitz. I contacted Orbitz customer support (via chat) immediately after making the reservation to have them add my child. They said they could not do it and I have to wait 24 hours. They said it was too soon. Does this sound correct?

Nope - I booked my original reservation at 7 am this morning (2 adults) and just called a few minutes ago and added my 2 kids. Granted I had to insist that she could do this without canceling my original reservation and then rebooking me with 4 guests (for an extra cost) and the customer service rep had to call someone (the wholesale department as it turned out) to confirm what I was saying. Once the wholesale dept told her what to do she was able to add my kids to my reservation for no cost (and without rebooking me - yikes!). I'd call back to get someone different. Good luck!

Whew! Got it resolved. I opened up another chat session with customer support. This time they added my daughter without a problem.

Not sure if this matters but my Orbitz reservation still says 3 adults. My Disney reservation now shows 3 adults and 1 child. Should that matter at all? The Disney reservation is now correct.

I have been chatting with CS for a while now & am getting the same answer - you will have to cancel & rebook. Ugh. I tried calling the CS service number & was told (after listening to several really annoying "special offers" to call another number ... which ended up being the 800 number for 411! I am so frustrated right now!

Ugh, that's so frustrating! Ask them to call the wholesale department to get the info as to how to add the kids. My CS rep first said she was calling the hotel and then said it was her wholesale department that straightened things out. Good luck!

I opened up a chat window this morning about 30 minutes after I booked and asked them to add my children to the reservation and that children stay for free at Disney. They called Disney and had the reservation modified in less than 5 minutes. I checked the Disney website and was amazed that it showed up immediately with the children because Disney's IT system has been pretty much garbage in the past. I guess they put some work into it when they rolled out the magic bands.

The chat guy I talked to was like "there is no wholesale department." And he also gave me the wrong number for CS. Thanks for wasting my time, buddy! The lady I talked to on CS when I finally got the right number was very nice, but by that time the hotel was closed, so we have to try again when they are open. So annoying! But I think in the end it will work OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter