• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orbitz users - hold my hand a bit

How does this work when you need to ensure a room that can sleep 5? I'm trying to book through orbitz for 2 adults only, but then add the 3 kids later. But I need to be sure we can get in the Bayou.

Only way to guarantee it is book a preferred room since they all hold 5. Otherwise, book adults, call to add kids, and there's a chance they can't because all the 5 people rooms are gone, and cancel.

I think I did it! Just changed our ressie by booking through Orbitz. Booked one less day than original reservation (for flight reasons) and saved a whopping $1200 dollars for a 7 night stay. How is this even possible?? Plus - the WDW site didn't offer POR in the Spring discount deal, but Orbitz does plus an additional 15% with the GIFTME code. I am blown away. And I was able to add 3 kids by calling Orbitz and waiting for them to call WDW and now it all shows up on MDE. Now just need to cancel the original ressie once I am convinced this isn't all too good to be true. Once again, thank you DISers. This will pay for all our character meals!

I think I did it! Just changed our ressie by booking through Orbitz. Booked one less day than original reservation (for flight reasons) and saved a whopping $1200 dollars for a 7 night stay. How is this even possible?? Plus - the WDW site didn't offer POR in the Spring discount deal, but Orbitz does plus an additional 15% with the GIFTME code. I am blown away. And I was able to add 3 kids by calling Orbitz and waiting for them to call WDW and now it all shows up on MDE. Now just need to cancel the original ressie once I am convinced this isn't all too good to be true. Once again, thank you DISers. This will pay for all our character meals!

.This was me two days ago. We love Riverside, just love it but had settled for Pop Century because Riverside was included but only really expensive rooms were available.....why I could do all of this through Orbitz is beyond me but I jumped at the chance to stay at Riverside again for only $70 more than a preferred at Pop. I also haven't cancelled the original just in case....

.This was me two days ago. We love Riverside, just love it but had settled for Pop Century because Riverside was included but only really expensive rooms were available.....why I could do all of this through Orbitz is beyond me but I jumped at the chance to stay at Riverside again for only $70 more than a preferred at Pop. I also haven't cancelled the original just in case....

Just a follow up for anyone reading through the thread for information....I linked our Orbitz reservation to MDE with the 12 digit Disney code that I got when I added the kids through Orbitz (the one that starts with a "4"). It shows up on MDE as the confirmation code that is the Orbitz hotel code (even though I never put it in, it still knew). I don't think it matters, but just wanted to mention.

Also, I got an email today directly from Disney. It has all the information that I would expect, about FP+ and adding tickets and dining and magic bands, and MDE....also, they included my "12 digit, starts with "4" Disney confirmation number as well. Pretty much the same as if I'd have booked through them in the first place :) That somehow makes me feel better. Phew.

This week, I will try to call and use that number to make room requests. I will update, just to keep information flowing :)

I really didn't want to go through Orbitz, especially since I had to pay in full for it now, but I couldn't get the BC at that discount any other way. :(

Another random question - the Orbitz site says that my reservation is guaranteed refundable. Has anyone had trouble getting all of their money back, no questions asked and no further commitments involved?

As long as you cancel with a minimum five day notice (before midnight), and you are cancelling a room, only, booking, the cancellation goes thru immediately. I've never had a problem receiving a full refund back to my credit card. You can take a screen shot of the cancellation page, if concerned.

The exact cancellation policy comes up when booking the property.

So, I decided to go for it. Just booked the rooms with Orbitz and called to add my kids. She put me on hold to contact the hotel and came back saying that she couldn't add the kids and that I should cancel my reservation and rebook with 4 people. Well, that's not happening. I know this can be done. Wish me luck with customer service person number 2.

UPDATE: CSR number two did it! Disney must have been busy, because he was on hold with them for around 10-15 minutes (and came back twice to apologize that it was taking so long). However, he came back and said that the kids are added (though, he didn't ask their names, just their ages, so we'll see if I can deal with their names when i link up to MDE....). I do have a Disney confirmation number now, so I'll get on that this afternoon when I'm finished taking down my Christmas decorations :)

Moral of the story...keep calling until someone can help you. I'm wondering if my first person didn't understand what I wanted, as she didn't ask the names or ages of the kids...though I did tell her I needed to add two children that were under 18. The second time I specifically said I needed to add my girls who were 10 and 12..,..

I'm on the phone with Orbitz customer service right now and she made me cancel and rebook to add my child. I went with it b/c I booked a split stay and was able to use Orbucks on the rebooked vacation to get All-Star Music for 1 night at only $65. So I'll go with it. But I'm not going to do this for the 3 night stay at the Poly I made also.

She said she called the hotel directly. I guess I will try again for the Poly reservation. As a side note, the Poly is not available at all on Disney's website for my dates! But I got it at a good rate on Orbitz!

ETA: The 2nd phone call worked I could add my child to the Poly reservation. The CSR recommended I cancel and rebook the 1 night at ASM for just the 2 adults and call back. so that's what I'm doing.

So if we get the buy 3 days get 2 days free promotion through orbitz can we upgrade the days later if we decide we need more (like at the parks?)...

Also we will have 3 adults and one child in the room... should we book all 3 adults up front and add the child later (free) or book the 2 adults and add the child & the additional adult?

orbitz newbie here

So if we get the buy 3 days get 2 days free promotion through orbitz can we upgrade the days later if we decide we need more (like at the parks?)...

Also we will have 3 adults and one child in the room... should we book all 3 adults up front and add the child later (free) or book the 2 adults and add the child & the additional adult?

orbitz newbie here

Based on a conversation I had with Orbitz and Disney today (via conference call), book for three and call to add the child*. You will have an additional charge for the third adult (as rooms are based on double occupancy for two adults), but the child is free. As noted above, call Orbitz back if the CSR you get doesn't know how to add the child for free.

*Is your third adult an actual adult (18+) or a "Disney adult" (age 10-17)? If they are a Disney adult, they are considered an "adult" for tickets and dining, but are NOT considered an adult for the hotel rooms. If they are a Disney adult, I change my answer above - make the hotel reservation for two people and add the two kids via phone. ;)

As for your ticket question, I've never gotten tickets from Orbitz. However, tickets from other authorized third-party sellers (such as Undercover Tourist) allow you to add additional days at the price difference rate (the difference between the five day ticket and six day ticket, for example). Just make sure you add your additional day BEFORE you use your last park day on the ticket.

As noted in this post and others, I called Orbitz directly in order to make my room requests and they said they contacted Disney and added them.

When I called Disney to make some other changes, I asked them to confirm my room requests show up in their system. I was told they were unable to access the notes section (where requests are usually added) so they couldn't confirm my requests.

Should I just call Disney back another day and hopefully get a more experienced agent (the agent I spoke with stated she was new)? I don't mind doing it the "proper" way through Orbitz - I just want to make sure they're there!!!

So it appears Orbitz is still offering room discounts on top of the Disney Spring promo (Review15 worked for me). I understand about booking just two adults in the room, then calling Orbitz directly to add my two children (11 and 13 yrs). My 19 year old has elected to sit out this trip.

My question is really around the ticket deal through Orbitz. They still have a buy 3 days get 2 free if you are doing PH, not base. Should I book those separately and include all 4 of them or should I book just the two adults attached to the room? Would I then call and buy tickets for the kids? Not sure if this is best done in two transactions or onw.

Also, can we then add a QS dining plan through Disney later on if we decide we want that?

I can confirm that you can buy whatever number of tickets your want regardless of who you have booked in the room. I was able to buy all of my buy 3 days, get 5 hoppers even though I only booked for my husband and me. I had to later call and add my children over the phone

There were also no issues adding the tickets in MDE (though be prepared to wait 3-5 days for your code).

It seems we all have different experiences..... some find orbitz simple and easy, others,like myself, are wishing that I had just paid a bit more and ket it super simple,and booked thru Disney.:confused3 I have had issues from day 1 with res. names, tickets,MB...you name, I have it. This includes my now current.... name switcheroo...which neither side can 'fix' at the moment. I did call quite a while ago to add the minors to my orbitz res, but to to multiple and many MDE glitches, the names and MB are not the same.(again) so a clal to Disney tells me to call orbitz, a call to orbitz tells me that they will not add another adult name to the room to fix the issue on MDE/MB names. He informed me that I have "lots" of people I seem to want in my room now ( I assured him it was 2 minors I had added THRU their system) and I just wanted them to add the proper name of the other adult on the res. to solve my issues. Orbitz said no. YMMV. just be aware there can be major issues,no other reservation system in this world demands as much detail as MDE,and it can cause issues.:badpc:

We just canceled our reservation and rebooked through Orbitz this afternoon. I called in to have my one year old added to the reservation. The first rep put me on hold so he could call the hotel. He came back and said the hotel said you can just bring your son for free. He wasn't very helpful when I started questioning him on it, so I hung up and called back. I explained the first call and the rep said that the notes didn't say anything about adding my son to the reservation. So, he called the hotel back and made sure that everyone was on the reservation. Frustrating but you eventually get someone who does it right!

Can we add the dining plan once we've checked in?

No, the Disney Dining Plans are only available with a Disney Magic Your Way Vacation Package, or for DVC guests. The MYW packages are only sold by Disney and full-service travel agencies (which doesn't include Orbitz). And Disney doesn't allow you to convert a room-only reservation booked through someone else to a package. You have to cancel and rebook.

Most people do not save money with the Dining Plan, FWIW. And you don't get anything you couldn't get by paying as you go.

No, the Disney Dining Plans are only available with a Disney Magic Your Way Vacation Package, or for DVC guests. The MYW packages are only sold by Disney and full-service travel agencies (which doesn't include Orbitz). And Disney doesn't allow you to convert a room-only reservation booked through someone else to a package. You have to cancel and rebook.

Most people do not save money with the Dining Plan, FWIW. And you don't get anything you couldn't get by paying as you go.

Thanks! With the dinners I had booked, we would have been saving quite a bit by getting the dining plan. It's ok though, I really just booked the places to maximize the plan, we don't "need" to eat at those places. I'd rather get the discount on the room and stay at the resort we really wanted, POR, which we couldn't get through Disney with the Spring special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter