• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orbitz Tickets - a bit nervous

LoriLovesMickey

Mouseketeer
We are getting ready to go down to DL and were planning on 3 days at the park. However, I would love to go for a few hours on our final day so the 4 day for the price of 3 has me tempted to buy from Orbitz. I have never bought anything from them and I am a little nervous. I can get 4-day park hoppers from my union for $290 so only $15 ($30 total) more than the Orbitz sale. How safe is it buying tickets through them? I've heard some issues regarding date changes, etc so I am wondering if it is worth it to save only $30?

Unless you were saving extra money (on top of that $30) using ebates, I would not bother with them. It seems the biggest problem with them is date changes, so if your plan is rock solid, I'm sure you'll be fine, but their customer service seems very unhelpful in the event of a problem.

Orbitz used to get pretty good reviews (combined with eBates for more saving), but there was a recent thread indicating that it can be problematic (or at least very time consuming) to get the tickets released to the Disney system if you end up changing your dates (see thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/dl-tickets-bought-on-orbitz-dates.3444108/). If you know your dates are firm (no chance of change), Orbitz might still be a good choice. If you're dates are uncertain, then I'd be hesitant to go with Orbitz.

We had great luck with them in 2013, although our dates did not change, so I cant comment on the issue some have had problems with. This time, I had a better deal through work, so we bought direct from Disney with a corporate discount. It was nice not having to go switch the vouchers for the tickets this time, but not that big of a deal. If your dates are firm, the orbitz deal through ebates can be great.

I recently bought the buy 4 days get the 5th day free offer for our trip we took in Aug. I put in travel dates of 8/22-9/2 (had to use a Sept date to get the special 5th day free offer). We arrived on 8/22 but our first day in the park was 8/23. I used 8/22 in case I made it to the ticket booth that night to exchange our voucher, which I ended up not doing. On 8/23 I went to the booth, it took about 5 minutes to get our tickets after I waited in line for about 10 min. Very easy, no problems plus I earned around $50 by going through ebates!

I bought tickets from Orbitz twice in the last three months. I had no problems redeeming but I did make the date one day earlier than my actual travel date just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter