• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orbitz has 15% off of DLR Hotels for Summer

FFerret

DIS Veteran
UPDATE: 20% code is DISCOVER. Thanks, Sleepymouse! Check second post for details. It's not much, but it's something. Helps pay for taxes. For 15% use code OUTTAHERE. Can be cancelled if something better comes along, and I think is over March 9th. I got a room at PPH. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know you already booked, but I just came across and used the promo code DISCOVER. 20% off all DLR hotels for bookings through end of year. Can use with 1% back on ebates and 3% orbucks (or 5% if booked with Orbitz mobile app). The combo of all 3 is pretty good.

Do others have any experience booking DLH through Orbitz? Is there anything I should be concerned of? At 20% off it's the only/best deal I've found for late summer but I'm weary of booking through anyone other than Disney. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

I know you already booked, but I just came across and used the promo code DISCOVER. 20% off all DLR hotels for bookings through end of year. Can use with 1% back on ebates and 3% orbucks (or 5% if booked with Orbitz mobile app). The combo of all 3 is pretty good.

You are unable to use ebates with the orbitz mobile app, correct? Or is there a way to do that? Thanks :)

Do others have any experience booking DLH through Orbitz? Is there anything I should be concerned of? At 20% off it's the only/best deal I've found for late summer but I'm weary of booking through anyone other than Disney. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated.
I have current reservations at DLH that were booked through Cheaptickets and Orbitz. Both are owned by the same company and are completely trustworthy/viable. I actually called the DLH directly yesterday to add some room requests to my Cheaptickets reservation. No problem locating it and adding the requests. By booking with third parties, I was able to shave hundreds of dollars off each reservation. Why not?

I booked through Cheaptickets last year for our Dec. 2013 trip. Had no problem at all. Reservations worked out great.

Ok, question for those who know. I've booked the GC for early November through a disney TA (so the park admission is included w/EMH, etc).

This deal slices a good chunk of money off that. My question is... if I book land through Orbitz and get park admission through Disney, will I still get EMH? What do I lose by doing it that way?

Or should I just chill out and realize that between now and November, Disney will inevitably offer a 10-15% sale and my TA will rebook and not worry about it?

Never used Orbitz before. I know you pay up front, how fast do they issue credit if you have to cancel?

I also noticed on orbitz if you stay 7 nights or more desert palm has an even bigger discount for one of the kids suites it was like 1400 plus the resort fee but you got free parking for 8 nights? I have already paid for Park Vue but was just looking around and seen that

POST edited about charging up front

About EMH-- maybe I'm not understanding the question, but if you're staying at a dlh hotel it doesn't matter how you book it. You get the EMH. About canceling with orbitz, I have cancelled my PPH Ressie a couple of times now this week for better deals, and hope to see even better ones to come. No cancel fees . Hope this helps, and sorry about not quoting. Still haven't figured out how to multiple quote in one post. Only been here 14 years :) Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So wait, Orbitz does not charge you up front?

If you added tickets (in my case, the "4 Day Park Hoppers with 5th day free"), would you pay for those up front, and would they be refundable?

Looks to me like they charge you up front... It just told me I needed to pay $2150.00 for 5 nights and 2, 3 day park hopper tickets... at the PPH, at the time of booking!:confused3

In my experience, Orbitz, Cheaptickets, Travelocity, etc. all charge upfront. They are prepaid hotel reservations. However, FFerret refers to 3% back through ebates which is what you receive if booking a retail hotel reservation as opposed to 1% back if booking a prepaid hotel. I don't even know how you would book such a reservation. If you cancel, they refund the money very quickly, within a few days.

99% of third-party booking sites ( Basically anything than booking through the hotel direct) will take payment upfront. Some have free cancellations , some don't. Orbitz had been very good to us and this is coming from someone who despises third-party sites typically due to working in the hotel industry.

We also recently booked something through Expedia and had to cancel and were refunded within 3 days ( but keep in mind this is always based on the bank/credit card company)

You can get great savings this way but paying upfront can be difficult for some.

Thank You for the info.
Up until a few years ago, Expedia DID NOT make you pay up front.

Darn,
I wish I had known about this code before the prices jumped to 428 a night when I am going. Its up a 100.00 over last week :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter