Orbitz and Disney discount question

Marbel

Mouseketeer
If I understand correctly, Disney RO discounts for Jan/Feb usually come out in October and the Orbitz discount code for the same time frame usually comes out November-ish. I want to stack the discounts but am afraid to wait until November and risk being shut out. Is it possible to book the Disney discount whenever it comes out and then rebook when the Orbitz discount comes out, cancelling the first reservation? I've never used Orbitz so I have no idea. I'm hoping for standard POFQ but understand it's unlikely to be part of the discount, so standard Pop is plan B.

I did that last year. I don't remember how long after my Disney booking the Orbitz one came out - but it was 20 percent off so savings were significant. I just made sure to book the Orbitz completely before calling Disney to cancel the first reservation. Just make sure the savings are significant enough. I did get 20 percent last year - but recent savings codes have maxed out at $150.

There was a 15% code that was active the day discounts came out last year, so I was able to apply it to my reservation immediately. Then, a 20% code came out a few days later, so I canceled my first reservation with Orbitz and rebooked.

October is correct as far as when discounts have historically been offered, but I don't think that there's any special time that the Orbitz discounts kick in. There's typically some kind of discount available all the time with them, but, as PP stated, the discounts have been different lately, with a $150 cap.

I was also lucky enough to get that extra 20% off last year on my March reservation. I'm hoping to do the same this year but even if it ends up being $150 I'm good with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter