Orbitz, 2017

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
Since Orbitz no longer allows their extra discount to be applied to Universal resorts, do you think this will apply to Disney resorts in 2017?

I have seen zero availability in Orbitz for our trip to WDW in early February for all Disney resorts, so assume they still do not have WDW resorts. I went ahead and booked with a Disney offer that was emailed to me which provided a decent discount, not as good as when you could stack Orbitz discounts with Disney discounts, but oh well, at least it is a discount at the resort and room type we wanted!

November 12th and Disney resorts still not showing up on Orbitz/CheapTickets for 2017. Wondering what is going on?

I'd say that Disney has cut them out of the loop...I even emailed Orbitz and asked them why they didn't have any rooms available for WDW resorts for 2017....they responded with a snarky answer saying they had PLENTY of available rooms at WDW for 2017...and proceeded to list all the hotel at Disney Springs even thought I specifically said I wasn't talking about NON Disney owned hotels such as the ones at Disney Springs! lol

I'd say that Disney has cut them out of the loop...I even emailed Orbitz and asked them why they didn't have any rooms available for WDW resorts for 2017....they responded with a snarky answer saying they had PLENTY of available rooms at WDW for 2017...and proceeded to list all the hotel at Disney Springs even thought I specifically said I wasn't talking about NON Disney owned hotels such as the ones at Disney Springs! lol
Probably so. I know I got an awesome deal with Orbitz on my CSR stay with a combination of the extra discount code and some Orbucks I accumulated. Disney must be really tired of paying a lot of commissions to Orbitz, so they cut them off possibly.

I'm still holding out hope, but I'm working on switching all my spending off the Orbitz credit card since Disney's the only thing I use the points for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter