Orbitz 15% off summer discount rates

SwirlyGirly

Mouseketeer
Orbitz code OUTTAHERE gets additional 15% off summer discount! I finally got through to Disney and they wanted more than the Orbitz rate w/ promo code.
July 6-10 GF CL Sugar Loaf
Disney: $2285
Orbitz: $1938

Plus I got $58.13 Orbucks to apply to future travel. :cool1:

Orbitz code OUTTAHERE gets additional 15% off summer discount! I finally got through to Disney and they wanted more than the Orbitz rate w/ promo code.
July 6-10 GF CL Sugar Loaf
Disney: $2285
Orbitz: $1938

Plus I got $58.13 Orbucks to apply to future travel. :cool1:

Use code "discover" for 20% off! They also have POR available too! I was also surprised we could buy park tickets as well!

GREAT DEAL! When booking through Orbitz are you able to link the ressie on the Disney website? Also can you book specific room categories through Orbitz, or is it a mystery? What's the cancellation policy thru Orbitz?

Does the MDE website work with Orbitz rooms? So you can do FP+ and all that stuff?

That would be a deal breaker for me. Anyone have experience with that?

That would be a deal breaker for me. Anyone have experience with that?

Thanks to the OP. Just rebooked through Orbitz and in the confirmation e-mail there is a "Hotel Confirmation number" that links to MDE. Process took less than a minute.

Does the MDE website work with Orbitz rooms? So you can do FP+ and all that stuff?

Yes, it works perfectly with MDE! I had all the info I needed from the e-mail I received right after booking. I immediately put the numbers in and everything showed in seconds. There were 8 categories of rooms I could have chosen from, so you will have some variety at most resorts. :goodvibes

I just booked through Orbitz using their 20% off code. Plus with the app I got 5% back in orbucks to use (there were three reservation total so I applied one orbucks reward to the next and now have an additional $45 left over for next time).

In total, I saved nearly $1300 for the 5 night split between AKL-CL and WL-CL!:cool1:

Up until the promotion posted, AKL-CL wasn't available on Orbitz. I think my co-workers think I'm a little crazy when I found out it was now an option and I could apply the 20% off to it!:banana:

Does Orbitz have the dining plan option? I couldn't find it, but didn't know if I was missing something.

Looking at the discounts through orbitz I could save over $500 more than the discount through Disney! When I add my 5 year old daughter to the reservation the price goes up. I think I read previously that it is best to book the reservation with only 2 adults and add children by calling - is that still the best plan? Thanks!

Not truly a 20% savings with Orbitz when they are charging more per night for the rooms. I look at the end of August, and for the same nights at Coronado, Orbitz, before any code discount, is charging $155 per night when WDW is charging $140. Both rates are without tax, which Orbitz is calculating out at 13.5% vs. WDW's tax at 12.5%. In both cases it is a standard view room, Sun - Wed.

Granted, once you put the "discover" code in, it is less than booking directly with WDW, but it is not 20% off the WDW rates. It is more like 10+%. Don't get me wrong, another 10% (which is about what it is) is nothing to sneeze at.

Am I missing something here?

I think it depends on the room. As you can see, I saved approx $200 plus I have $58 to spend on future travel. $260ish isn't a ton of money, but it's a nice dinner out for very little work.

Not truly a 20% savings with Orbitz when they are charging more per night for the rooms. I look at the end of August, and for the same nights at Coronado, Orbitz, before any code discount, is charging $155 per night when WDW is charging $140. Both rates are without tax, which Orbitz is calculating out at 13.5% vs. WDW's tax at 12.5%. In both cases it is a standard view room, Sun - Wed.

Granted, once you put the "discover" code in, it is less than booking directly with WDW, but it is not 20% off the WDW rates. It is more like 10+%. Don't get me wrong, another 10% (which is about what it is) is nothing to sneeze at.

Am I missing something here?

Looking at the discounts through orbitz I could save over $500 more than the discount through Disney! When I add my 5 year old daughter to the reservation the price goes up. I think I read previously that it is best to book the reservation with only 2 adults and add children by calling - is that still the best plan? Thanks!

Yes....Make your reservation and then call back a while later to have them contact Disney reservations to add your kiddos. :thumbsup2

Does Orbitz have the dining plan option? I couldn't find it, but didn't know if I was missing something.

Sorry, you can't have the dining plan if booking a 3rd party vendor...:worried: We had planned on the dining plan, but we decided to go with Orbitz. When I ran the numbers, we actually save about $200 if we pay OOP. I know some like it for the convenience, but for $200, I'll give up a little convenience. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter