Orange picking near Kissimmee?

grammynelliebelle

DIS Veteran
I remember reading sometime last year about a few orange groves still in operation that allow pick your own in the Kissimmee area. (maybe rt27) Does anyone know if they are still around and if it is possible to do some picking in Feb? DGKs love to do strawberry, blueberry and apple and pumpkin picking in NJ and I think they would really enjoy seeing the oranges on the trees. I hope they still are around! :goodvibes If anyone knows please give us your advice. TIA Grammy

Been there a few times and we love it. You should see the kids trying to get a grapefruit. Way hard work.

Real yummy to come home and make a fresh margarita. Also makes great smoothies. Also try their OJ. It is a beautiful thing.

I saw a pick your own strawberries sign driving up 27 about a week ago, but I don't recall exactly where. I knew DH was in getting home mode and wouldn't stop for anything like that.

Sheila

We bought some oranges from Showcase of Citrus, as well as grapefruits, last March while down. We couldn't pick when we went because they had sprayed the trees the day before and wouldn't be able to pick for a couple of days. My oldest dd was very upset, but there wasn't much we could do. We didn't make it back unfortunately, but we are going to go again this year as we are staying along 27.

Oh ... and the oranges were AWESOME :thumbsup2 !! (and like a previous poster said the oj you get to sample is amazing!!) We also bought some fresh tomatoes and enjoyed some toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches :love: !!

Kerri

I checked out the website for the showcaseofcitrus and it looks like a really fun thing to do. Does anyone know about the strawberry picking. I saw something in Clermont, but there was not alot of information. It seems like Feb would be a time in Florida when strawberries could be ready. We have to wait for June for ours. TIA Grammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter