Orange Lake

plymouthmom

Mouseketeer
HI, Has anyone stayed at Orange Lake? Rented out my DVC points this year to do a multi family vacation at Orange Lake. WDW hotel prices were just too high for this group.

Wondering how accomdations are, pools, shuttles to parks, etc.

Orange Lake is a beautiful resort! But...be warned...it is HUGE!!! And I mean HUGE!!! Depending on where you are in the resort, you may have to drive to the pools it's that big.

They have their own waterpark (I think it's in the North Village area) and lots of amenities. I think you'll be very happy.

Haven't been in a couple years so hopefully some other Disers will have more up do date info for you.

You can also look at recent reviews on tripadvisor.

Have a great trip!

Thanks Heather! One of our friends that is going on the trip owns there. So....as sad as it is for me not to stay at Disney, good to know Orange Lake is nice. I believe we are in the West Village. Not even doing Disney Parks at all! Just Sea World and Aquatica this time around.

Thanks for your imput!

My kids called the little houses in the West Vlg Monopoly houses. We didn't like the resort at all, but they have since remodeled these units.

DH didn't like having no covered or screen porch. We had to buy ant spray because they were terrible. They charge for toll free numbers. Just lots of little things that equaled a less than joyous stay.

Sheila

We have been once and are going back this summer.... we thought it was really nice! We stayed right on the golf course and took one day off from Disney to just enjoy the pools - kids LOVED them!!! It is VERY big, but we just used it as a base to visit WDW from and had no problems whatsoever..... hope that holds true this time as well!

We are owners. We actually own a week in August for every other year, but using our points in December allows us to come down every year.

We rent a car and drive to WDW. We don't spend too much time there because of WDW, but it looks really nice there.

We stayed at the River and East Villages, never the West. They are updating everything. The lazy river is awesome. If you own, they treat you like gold. The resort is actually geared towards golfers, but there are many things to do.

As far as ants go, it's Florida. It stinks at times, there are big black birds flying everywhere. It's not Orange Lake's fault. You are right beside a swamp!

It's a very nice resort.

I have stayed here twice in the last year and found it to be very nice. As others have said, it is huge, I always have to mark our bldg on my GPS once we find it. The Main pool area is very nice, I have not been to any of the others pools.

The biggest downside to this place is its location off of 192, the traffic is always bad.

And other than the fact they didn't have the bus services like Disney, we preferred it. The resort is very large and there is a lot to do there. It is in a convenient location and most of the units are either new or newly remodeled. We stayed in the west village golf villas and thought them to be very nice and roomy. The washer and dryer is great with a family and it is close to restaurants and grocery stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter