Orange Lake Resort

hound14

Earning My Ears
Anyone stayed at Orange Lake resort before. We have a week booked there but wondering if anyone has stayed and how they found it. Looks good but would love to know experiences.

We stayed there about 4 years ago and had a fantastic time. We were in the older West part, had a spacious 2 bedroom. We really enjoyed the lazy river and other amenities they had.

That being said, I've read a few articles here on DisBoards about some really bad experiences so hopefully someone with a more recent stay will provide more up to date info.

I have stayed there twice, and many of my friends have also stayed there, and we've never had even close to any of the problems posted here. We are staying again this October, and I'm really excited.

Check-in can take a very long time. I'm not sure why, but be prepared. Most importantly RESIST THE TOUR - NO MATTER WHAT THEY OFFER YOU :goodvibes We got stuck for several hours trying to get $100. It was torture. Just stand your ground.

It is best to have a car at this resort. Everything is close, but they don't have regular bus service (to my knowledge).

The lazy river is amazing, and there is a lot to do all over the resort. I will post any updates after we get back (not sure when your trip is though).

I have stayed there twice, and many of my friends have also stayed there, and we've never had even close to any of the problems posted here. We are staying again this October, and I'm really excited.

Check-in can take a very long time. I'm not sure why, but be prepared. Most importantly RESIST THE TOUR - NO MATTER WHAT THEY OFFER YOU We got stuck for several hours trying to get $100. It was torture. Just stand your ground.

It is best to have a car at this resort. Everything is close, but they don't have regular bus service (to my knowledge).

The lazy river is amazing, and there is a lot to do all over the resort. I will post any updates after we get back (not sure when your trip is though).

We are there at the same time...Oct 1-8. We are in Orange Lake East.:banana:
We have never stayed there before but hoping for the best!!

Barb

We own in the East village and just checked out on Sunday. We stayed on exchange this time in the West village and they both have their pluses and minuses.

We've never had a problem in all our stays but it's not perfect either. Were staying this week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I do not like this place as much as Orange Lake but I'm sure others might disagree.

I stayed there back in 2003 in a new bldg in the East Village. This was before water park part (River Island???) was built. Our unit was beautiful!

OL is huge. They have shuttles running w/in the resort. When I was there, they did have shuttles to WDW, but they were not free. They had lots of activities some free and some not. They had some kind of buffet dinner once night by the main pool (not free) and some kind of beach party w/ music I think on Sundays. I don't know if it is just during the summer that they do these. I was there the first week of October, and they were going on.

I really enjoyed Orange Lake. It is huge but has many great amenities and the river island area with the lazy river was really nice...we got a great deal because my parents sat thru a timeshare presentation but it was def worth it!
It is a very short drive to Disney property and has a publix on site which was great! For us check-in didnt take too long, it took longer than at the disney resorts but not impossibly long. If i werent so attached to staying at Disney Resorts i would def stay there again and again!

We stayed in a rennovated one story unit in the West Village last February. It was very very nice. We backed up to the golf course and could see the fireworks from our back patio. It was very quiet.

I'm glad to see such great reviews here - I get a little frustrated with all of the negative ones. We have made great memories at OLR, so I guess it makes me sad when some posters talk so badly about it.

Yes, bad things happen everywhere, but basically I believe your vacation is what you make it. Enjoy :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter