Orange Lake Resort experience

CamAnd

Mouseketeer
Anyone stay at OL recently? We've been there 2004 and wondering if the new water area including lazy river will be completed next spring 2006. How's the stay with the new road to Disney parks being constructed through it?

:sunny: The new water park is due to be open by the spring of 2006. It looks to be on schedule. As for the road coming through the landscaping will disguise it I hope. When I was there less than a month ago the construction wasn't obvious unless you go through the East Gate. Thankfully it isn't disruptive at all. I will report again this weekend. I am planning on driving down on Sat. for a day of R and R.

reddixie said:
:sunny: The new water park is due to be open by the spring of 2006. It looks to be on schedule. As for the road coming through the landscaping will disguise it I hope. When I was there less than a month ago the construction wasn't obvious unless you go through the East Gate. Thankfully it isn't disruptive at all. I will report again this weekend. I am planning on driving down on Sat. for a day of R and R.
Thanks for the info. I will there in about a month for a couple weeks. When I was there in December with construction going on, it wasn't a problem. All reports that I've seen, granted only what OLCC has sent, seem to indicate the project is going well. Maybe it will be open for my April/May 2006 trip. Have a good weekend.

Thanks for your follow ups for those going soon. I want an idea if it would be near completion by April/May 2006 when we're planning to go. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

We'll be there in a couple of weeks. Received a newsletter from OLCC which highlighted the new park. It looks like its going to be great!! I hope it is ready by our next trip in April.

Where is Orange Lake? How does it compare to some of the other timeshare properties?

Just the mention of this resort makes me cry :( Our first trip to WDW was scheduled July 9- July 16 but we got into a car accident 8 hrs into our drive going to FL. My car is still having repairs done in GA and I live in VA. Luckily everyone else is okay w/ the exception of myself ( severe neck and back injuries). So we rescheduling for Oct 22- Oct 29. Needless to say we are flying this time. But my uncle had stayed here and I have friends originally from Orlando area the highly recommended this resort.

jeanyusjean said:
Just the mention of this resort makes me cry :( Our first trip to WDW was scheduled July 9- July 16 but we got into a car accident 8 hrs into our drive going to FL. My car is still having repairs done in GA and I live in VA. Luckily everyone else is okay w/ the exception of myself ( severe neck and back injuries). So we rescheduling for Oct 22- Oct 29. Needless to say we are flying this time. But my uncle had stayed here and I have friends originally from Orlando area the highly recommended this resort.
Sorry to hear about the accident. I drive down from Maryland and it is a long trip. Hopefully you will recover soon.

tortoni said:
Where is Orange Lake? How does it compare to some of the other timeshare properties?
You might wish to look up its website (www.olcc.com) to find out information about Orange Lake. It is located off 192 and borders The Animal Kingdom. Orlando is blessed with a lot of nice timeshares and Orange Lake ranks high. You can also find more information on the tug site (http://www.tug2.net/). OL is huge, about 1100 arces centered around a golf theme.

gjw007 said:
Orlando is blessed with a lot of nice timeshares and Orange Lake ranks high.

I would disagree. I've stayed at many of Orlando's Timeshares and was not impressed with OL. It was too big and dirty and way out of the way.

this is a BIG resort. lots of folks don't like because it is so big.

I will tell you more when I get back.

I. mother, my brother and his family - well we all have our opinions and will state them!!!

:banana:

I have heard some good things about OL. So I am looking forward to it.

jeff968 said:
I would disagree. I've stayed at many of Orlando's Timeshares and was not impressed with OL. It was too big and dirty and way out of the way.
It may too big (common complaint) for you but I have never seen it dirty. As far as being out of the way, that is a personal opinion as some people need to be in the middle of the action. It doesn't make it good or bad just a personal taste. Unless it is on Disney property when going to Disney or Universal property when going to Universal or accross the street from Seaworld when going to Seaworld, you could make the arguement that where you are staying is way out of the way. I don't think it is out of the way. A 10 or 15 minute drive is not out of the way. Even staying on Disney property and being a prisoner of Disney transportation will take more than that. I've stayed at numerous timeshares in the Orlando area (not all), and the more I've stayed at other timeshares (Vistana, Florida Vacation Villas, Vacation Village at Parkway, Celebration, a few others that were so forgetable that I forgot the names, etc.), the more I've come to really like Orange Lake. Orange Lake is rated high by most people. Tug even has Orange Lake rated high and there are reports by people who get in the older sections who don't like it. Does that mean that Orange Lake doesn't have room for improvement. Of course it does. Again, as I said, Orlando is blessed with a lot of nice timeshares. If you don't like Orange Lake, I'm sure there is one that fits your style and wants. The important thing is to enjoy your vacation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can get the absolute best price per night for a 2 bedroom? Looking at late Nov. / early Dec. of 2006. (I know it's to early to book anything yet.) Thanks a bunch for your help. :sunny:

Unfortunately we don't work for either. We stayed at Orange Lake in 2002 and 2003 through skyauction but, they said they don't have orange lake anymore when I called and asked them last year. Stinks! Hard to beat $250.00 a week for this place. Looks like I'm not going to find that great of a deal on any of the other sites. Looks like it's time to try somewhere else. :flower: Thanks though!

jeff968 said:

I agree, and I didn't think it was very nicely landscaped either, there was no color, just green plants. It's okay, I would stay there again if there were no other options but it pales in comparison to Vistana and HGVC, IMHO.

However, I didn't think it was out of the way, I like the area that it is in and we normally stay down that way. Our first unit for the first week was not dirty, but when they moved us for our additional days down the road we were put in a unit that was very stale smelling and had lots of bugs (not roaches or anything), and just had a run down feel to it. It will probably be better once they complete the new water park, but the pools were so over crowded when we were there in May 2003.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter