Orange Lake HELP!!! Please *-*

MHolleman

Disney Fan
My parents have reservations for 1 2 bedroom unit with a check-in on Friday, Sept. 23rd and 2 2 bedroom units for Sunday, Sept 25th. How to they handle checking in at this resort? These were trades through RCI also. I am arriving at 12 noon on the Friday, but my mother won't arrive until 6pm that night. Will it be a problem for me to check-in? Also, I have looked at the resort's website and can't find a "diamond lane check-in" like the Vistana resort had. Does OLCC have this type of check-in available. Thanks for any help

PS I am also interested in finding out the short cut to WDW, if someone can give road names or directions, I would appreciate it.

:)

Hello :sunny:

When we were at OLCC in February 2004, check in time was 4 pm. I believe it is still the same, as we are going again in March 2006. We did check in around 2:30 or so, but could not get to our room until 4. We had to go back at 4 and pick up keys. They are very tight about this. I don't know if you can check-in for your mother, but maybe she should call and let them know you are going to be the one who is checking in? There isn't a diamond lane (whatever that is) ... we just all parked where it said check in (and it was BUSY!!).

We loved it and are looking forward to our stay again in March!
Have fun :flower:

Kerri

p.s. There is a short cut ... I can't recall it completely ... but you could search it as many people have posted about it, or I am sure someone is able to give you directions. I do know you turn down Sherbeth (?) rd and go through by AK ... something along those lines :)

:sunny: Hi, We don't have Diamond Check-In. This has never been a issue for me though. It usually takes less than 5 min. to check in as they have several desk people working. Check in is strictly at 4:00 pm. Your mother must check in herself and she can do so at 6:00 pm. As for the short cut it is extremely simple. You should turn Left out of the front gates go to Black Lake Rd; which is the red light after the Publix light. You will see a gas station on the left there. You then turn left onto Black Lake. You follow this until the road ends. Then you turn left again onto Sherbeth Road. When you get to the next red light turn right. This will be Disney property and you can follow the signs to get where you want to go. If you turn left at the red light you go to AKL. If you go straight you end up in CM parking and will be asked to leave the staging area :rotfl: I know as I did this by mistake my first time. It is extremely easy. If you have anymore ?'s please feel free to ask. We have several owners and all are fantastic at helping. :wave2:

call the resort itself about you checking in on your mother's name.

some resorts require the name change that gets RCI another fee. Others don't. Sometimes a letter from your mother saying you are checking in is all that is required. If that.

Okay, just to make sure that I have it correct. First, the reservation is in your mother and father's name, not yours. Second, you will be arriving much sooner than your parents. As the reservation is in your parents name, they need to contact the resort to give them an indication that you will be checking before them. Without that, the resort would have no idea and will not let you in the room.

As far as strictly checking in at 4:00, I've only had to wait until 4:00 PM once and that was because the villa wasn't ready. It does depend on how busy they are and how early you are talking about. I normally arrive around 3 and have been able to check in without waiting until 4:00 PM. It is a quick and fast operation.

I will be checking out of summer bay on 8/26 at 10am and need to check-in to Orange Lake. What are your suggestions for a "speedy" check in? We will have some perishables from the refrigerator (i guess we'll buy a cooler for them) and would like to get settled again.
Thanks for your input...

shoney said:
I will be checking out of summer bay on 8/26 at 10am and need to check-in to Orange Lake. What are your suggestions for a "speedy" check in? We will have some perishables from the refrigerator (i guess we'll buy a cooler for them) and would like to get settled again.
Thanks for your input...
I've never really had a problem with a speedy checkin if the unit is ready but in general, there are some things that will delay your checkin though. First, as an example, you need to have your RCI letter (or owner's letter). Although the RCI office is just across the hall and you can get verification, it would add time. Second, you need to have a credit card handy. Pretty much standard for all timeshare operations. Third, if you have special needs, the resort should be informed ahead of time (handicap rooms, etc). At the time of checkin it may make getting these difficult. Since you are checking out of Summer Bay at 10 AM, call the resort and let them know, they may be able to assist you. Althought slightly different, when I've stayed two weeks in separate units, I've had to check out and then check back in. I've done this at 8:30 AM without difficulty as a villa was available.

if your unit is not ready.

most timeshares have a place to refrigerator or freeze your groceries. just don't buy any new stuff until you get your villa.

ask at the front desk - if they don't then head to public and buy a cooler and ice.

but I bet that as big as OL is -it has some place to store your groceries and luggage until your villa is ready.

Thanks for the help on checking in and the directions to Disney :)

At our home resort (Barrier Island Resort in NC) I have checked in many times for my parents or my husbands parents and not had a problem. I know that it differs with each check-in person you deal with, so I was curious if anyone had problems otherwise. I think I will just let my mom deal with all the check-ins and I will go to MGM studios for the day. :jumping1:

Thanks again for all the replies, Melissa

I was supposed to being staying at OLCCR in July thru RCI as well. Since it was my uncle's timeshare and we were traveling alone, I had to get a Guest Certificate to check in which was $49.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter