Options for staged exit?

*Pixiedust1438*

DIS Veteran
I was planning on using rose petals for our staged exit, but after hearing about issues of using freeze dried ones, and also after looking at how much it is going to end up costing us, I am now considering other options. Does anyone have suggestions that are allowed by Disney and would look good in pictures? If anyone had pictures of their staged exit that would also be great. Thanks!

How about ribbon wands? Or bubbles? I know Disney does not allow sparklers - I was pretty bummed when I heard that.

I used silver streamers that popped out and then stayed attached to the base so there was no clean up involved. It looked great in our staged exit pictures. I would gladly attach a pic but dont know how on this site . Sorry:confused3

What issues have there been with freeze dried petals? Still kind of new and oblivious.

I was hoping to use them, too, but some brides have reported being told they can't use the freeze dried petals for environmental reasons . . . . yeah, we really don't get it either . . . .

We'll be using bubbles for our VR staged exit. Haven't seen any pictures of anyone using bubbles - but I'm hoping they will be good. :)

I was about to post this myself!! So glad you did though! While researching, Ive found that bubbles will cost me about 20 bucks for my approx. 80 guests where petals will cost around 100. I have a soft spot for the petal toss though, Im a little heartbroken. I know that you could probably buy petals from a grocery store or florist nearby for a fraction of what Disney charges and definitely save money. Good luck in the quest for the perfect toss items, let us know what you choose! Im eager to see pictures of both myself, hoping itll make my decision easier. :confused3

I don't think everybody should give up on using freeze-dried rose petals just because one misguided cast member told one bride they are not allowed b/c they are not environmentally friendly (which is patently false, seeing as the petals are simply frozen, not coated in chemicals or anything).

Besides the freeze-dried kind, there are also places online that sell fresh rose petals at wholesale prices. Nobody can quibble with fresh petals...

Personally, I think petals and the $$$ streamer cannons tie for best-looking exit in photographs. For us, it was worth paying Disney $108 for 31 bags of petals to get this photo. :cutie:

0797_1722J.jpg

We used ribbon wands, I liked them but wished they had been a bit longer/thicker so that they really showed up well in the pictures. Ours cost a little under $3 per guest.

we're doing sparklers. We will have to do it after the reception ends since it won't be dark after the ceremony. I'm really not sure of the cost but it looks beautiful in pictures!

Rebecca, how are you doing sparklers? I was sure DFTW doesnt allow them? Maybe its another inconsistency?? :confused3

WHAT????? Why not?! They won't let you do the sparklers outside at all- anywhere?

I never asked my planner if i could. I just assumed that was allowed! Whoops. I guess she'll be getting another email from me! I'll let you know if it ends up being ok. Darn that.

Thanks for letting me know haha

Hope you get a response! LOL :rotfl: Im sure you will, sometimes they seem eager to tell you no. I hope you get a yes! :wizard:

I must admit, I thought that Disney did not allow them too!!!! Sorry!!!

Yes, I asked my consultant and he said sparklers are not allowed. I think it is a rule from the fire marshal. Sparklers are illegal in NJ because they're considered fireworks - so Disney could feel the same way about having guests use them.

We did confetti cannons and bubbles. I got the little bubble wands from The Knot -the ones with the little hearts on the handle. Those suckers put out a lot of bubbles!

052710-0458-1.jpg

We did confetti cannons and bubbles. I got the little bubble wands from The Knot -the ones with the little hearts on the handle. Those suckers put out a lot of bubbles!

052710-0458-1.jpg

Love this picture!!! How much did these confetti cannons cost you? We were quoted $650 for the ones that come down on the last dance, but didn't ask about these. They look awesome!

I don't think everybody should give up on using freeze-dried rose petals just because one misguided cast member told one bride they are not allowed b/c they are not environmentally friendly (which is patently false, seeing as the petals are simply frozen, not coated in chemicals or anything).

Besides the freeze-dried kind, there are also places online that sell fresh rose petals at wholesale prices. Nobody can quibble with fresh petals...

Personally, I think petals and the $$$ streamer cannons tie for best-looking exit in photographs. For us, it was worth paying Disney $108 for 31 bags of petals to get this photo. :cutie:

0797_1722J.jpg

I think Lurkyloo is right. You should definitely find out from your planner about the freeze dried petals. I've noticed Disney isn't very consistent in their "rules". We ended up using bubbles, I didn't have time to force the issue that the freeze dried petals were environmentally friendly. I haven't gotten any professional pics of the bubbles back yet, but I did get one personal pic from a guest. They look ok and they were cheaper than the freeze dried petals. Oh, and if it turns out that you can use the freeze dried ones, google coupons for flyboy, I did that and got a 50% off code when I bought them. Good luck! :thumbsup2

There's a Costco about 10 miles away from Disney- you could buy a few dozen roses and pluck them yourself! That's probably what we'll end up doing.

We were a big fan of the flower petal toss, too. If you use the right colors, the petals can really pop in photos and look amazing! We purchased the basket instead of the individual packets because we only had 18 guests, so that made the petal toss more affordable. I think the streamers look great, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter