Opportunity to change from ASMu to CBR or POR

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
For $500 additional. Worth it? We're not going to be in the room all that much, but when we are we want to be comfortable.

I'm half tempted to wait until we get there, see the room we get, how comfortable it is and make the decision then, but there's always the possibility CBR or POR will be sold out by then too.

TIA!!

We have several reasons for choosing the CBR over a value resort. 1) Rooms are larger; 2) rooms have a refrigerator and coffee pot; 3) there are bus stops in each resort village and they are covered; 4) the main pool has slides; 5) there are quiet pools in each resort village as well as laundry facilities; and, 6) the beautiful beaches are a nice place to rest on our "down" days.

Only you can decide whether or not a stay at one of the moderates is worth $500.00. To our family, it's definitely worth it.

Are you traveling with kid? Do they like pool slides? Will a refrigerator be important for you? Would you mind a more "spread out" resort -- where you sometimes feel you are the only one there or at least you don't have people every which way you turn? If so, I would definitely go with POR or CBR. We are not fans of the values because we don't like the small beds, the crowded/noisy feel of the values and we enjoy having options for the pool, food, etc. We've not stayed at POR or CBR (we stay at a different moderate), but you can't go wrong with either choice.

Guess we're also taking into consideration if they're really closer to any of the parks. CBR I heard is HUGE and can be quite a bit walking distance from room to bus stop if we're in the back of the resort and in that regard, we're trying to keep the distance REAL short for medical reasons which is why I threw in POR.

Thanks KatMark. Yes, we're traveling with a 4 year old. Pool wise we don't anticipate we'll be in much as we're the pale kind that will burn as soon as we step out into the Florida sun...lol

All of the moderates, with the exception of POFQ, are larger resorts. However, I know that the CBR has seven villages and each village has a bus stop. You can also pay for a preferred room at both CBR and POR-Riverside.

Guess we're also taking into consideration if they're really closer to any of the parks. CBR I heard is HUGE and can be quite a bit walking distance from room to bus stop if we're in the back of the resort and in that regard, we're trying to keep the distance REAL short for medical reasons which is why I threw in POR.

Since there are bus stops at each of the CBR villages, you won't be far from a bus stop. As far as the resort being huge, I, honestly, feel like the walking times/distances are over exaggerated. We have been in the closest building to Old Port Royale (Martinique 26-preferred location) and our walk to OPR was about a minute and a half, two tops. We have also been in one of the furthest Jamaica buildings (Bldg. 41-non preferred location) and our walk was about 5 minutes to OPR.

My 76 year old mother went with us to the CBR last year and she had no issues, whatsoever, with the walking distances at the resort. She enjoyed it so much that she's going back with us again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter