• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

opinions wanted on my ADRs

nicole3202

Earning My Ears
I would love thoughts and suggestions on my ADRs for Me, dh, dd9, ds7 2nd week in October

Day 1
7:10pm Coral Reef :banana: Hopefully the kids will love this as it kicks off our vacation!

Day 2
6:00pm Jiko - I'm excited but have thought about switching to Sanna. I've heard Jiko might not be fun for the kids and Sanna has great views.

Day 3
8:00am Hollywood and Vine (Thought about cancelling, but park opens at 9 and I thought it might be nice to get in early. Opinions?)
1:45 Mama Melrose - F! dinner package

Day 4
12:10pm Tappan Edo
7:00 Chef De France

Day 5 (celebrating my ds's 8th bday) pirate:
8:30 Chef Mickey's
6:40 Ohanas

Day 6
12:30 Tony's (may cancel this one or try to get it earlier)
5:55 Flying Fish

Day 7 (celebrating my dd10th bday) princess:
8:10 Cindy's Castle
2:15 Crystal palace
6:30 Liberty Tree Tavern
One of these will be cancelled, I'm thinking Liberty Tree Tavern

Day 8
Breakfast at hotel quickly before leaving

Regarding your question about Hollywood & Vine -- personally I would keep it!!! We loved this last year!!! It's a buffet & the character interaction was great. We were visiting Disney at a busy time (mid-summer) and the restaurant was fairly full at our reservation time. However, we got right in (arrive at all of your ADR's about 15-20 minutes early). Our hostess who seated us along with our waitress were both very friendly & helpful. Alot of times at buffets, you don't see your waitress as much since they only take away plates & refill drinks. However, our waitress came around quite a bit, but also if she noticed a character was visiting the table, she would wait & come back after a few minutes.

It was a very fun atmosphere! Keep in mind it is a character meal & the characters & kids sing & dance so it is noisy. This didn't bother us at all, but just mentioning it because some people don't like that while eating. It was a really great, interactive character meal that we will definitely be doing again in the future!!!

Also, not sure if you know but they replaced JoJo with Secret Agent Oso :)

I would love thoughts and suggestions on my ADRs for Me, dh, dd9, ds7 2nd week in October

Day 1
7:10pm Coral Reef :banana: Hopefully the kids will love this as it kicks off our vacation!

We ate here in 2009 and 2010 and loved it both times. If you like fish, I highly recommend the Mahi Mahi dish. Also, I am not a drinker but I got the Magical Star and loved it! It also comes with a glow cube that you can use at home (free souvenir -- kids love them!) Some people say if you don't sit right beside the tank, its not as great of an experience but I disagree. We sat on the middle tier the first time and up at the top last year. We still had a full view of the tank & our son enjoyed watching the fish. The kids meals come on a Mickey shaped plate. We ordered the fish for our son & it came with veggies and yogurt parfait. He was 10 months old the first year & ate every bite!

Day 2
6:00pm Jiko - I'm excited but have thought about switching to Sanna. I've heard Jiko might not be fun for the kids and Sanna has great views.

Day 3
8:00am Hollywood and Vine (Thought about cancelling, but park opens at 9 and I thought it might be nice to get in early. Opinions?)

Comments on H&V in above reply.

This was highly recommended to me by a few friends who have traveled to Disney over 10 times each! I've never been but I want to try it now!

Day 4

Delicious -- try the mac & cheese!

Day 6

Again, lots of friends have recommended Tony's to me. I would wait & try to get an earlier time if you want it. Alot of people cancel ADR's once it gets closer to their trip. Try 30-45 days out. I really wanted an ADR for Le Cellier for lunch that I wasn't able to get at 180 days & I found 2 openings last week & booked it! So my advice is just keeping trying!!!

I would cancel 1 and out of the three choices, I would choose to cancel LTT -- seems like alot of food in one day, but that is only my opinion. Sounds like a great birthday!!! :)

Day 8

Responses above in Red! :) I hope that helps!

Day 1

Day 2

Jiko is more upscale while Sanaa is more laid back. I preferred the cuisine at Sanaa, but both are good. Sanaa is cheaper however. With that being said, sunset is going to be about 7pm so it will be quickly getting dark when you are dining. If you went to Sanaa I imagine you would have difficulty seeing animals. While the animals will be out, you might not see very many at this time of night (of course, you can never know!).

Day 3

What will the kid's reaction to the Disney Junior characters be at Hollywood and Vine? Something to consider.

Day 4

There is a little opening ceremony at noon for Teppan Edo. Make sure to be there at noon (and chances are you will be seated right away).

I may not be turning 8, but I would still pick these two for my birthday meals.

Day 6

I don't think you are going to be very hungry for Flying Fish. If you keep this time, I would check in as early as possible to Tony's. You would also have to leave the park early to get to Boardwalk so that doesn't leave you a whole lot of park time between meals.

You are definitely not going to be hungry for Liberty Tree Tavern. Keep one (whichever the birthday girl prefers) and try to eat at dinner after the long breakfast.

Day 8

This is your worst idea yet. LEAVING?

Red.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter