Opinions wanted on my 9-day plan - Please critique!

ALittleWhistle

Mouseketeer
We are going in December for 8 nights The first day was booked separately, we will have the Standard Disney Dining Plan for the remainder of the stay. We are staying in All-Star Sports. We're going to do breakfast in our room each morning, probably. We typically do the quick-service dining plan; we did standard once before but it was only for 4 days and seemed like a lot of food (and a lot of time wasted - I remember waiting for Ohana almost an hour past our reservation time - ugh). It's likely to be MUCH more crowded this year than what we're used to, so I would appreciate thoughts/feedback on anything!

We'd also like to go to Boardwalk one night; not sure how late is too late to go, so having trouble deciding which night.

Thank you!!!

Arrival Day - Day 1:
Lunch (OOP)and shopping downtown
3pm-9:30pm Epcot
Dinner at Marrakesh at 4:00pm (out of pocket)

Day 2:
Lunch at Mara (QS1)
MVMCP from 4:00pm-midnight (or whenever we pass out)
Dinner at Skipper Canteen at 4:45 (TS 1)

Day 3:
HS from 9am to 1pm
Back to hotel
HS from 5pm-? (EMH from 8-10)
Eating counter service lunch (QS2), 50's Prime Time at 6:50 (TS2)

Day 4
Animal Kingdom (EMH)8am-2pm
Yak&Yeti at 11:45 (TS3)
Raglan Road at 7:15pm (TS4)

Day 5
"Off" day
The boys will probably see Rogue 1 at AMC around lunchtime. Not sure what I'll do, but it won't be laundry. :) (QS3)
Dinner at Sassagoula's @ Port Orleans (QS4)

Day 6
MK 9am-12pm
Lunch at Cap'n Cook's at Poly (QS5)
Thinking of maybe doing Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge for dinner, but would be paying OOP if we don't cancel (or pay OOP for) something else. Worth it??

Day 7
Epcot 8:30-1:30
Returning to hotel
Epcot 6:00-9:00
Akershus 8:30am (TS5)
Biergarten 6:45pm (TS6)
Too much food????

Day 8
Lunch at Pop Century (what can I say, we have to get some tie-dye cheesecake at some point) (QS6)
HS from 4pm-9pm
Sci-Fi at 8:10 (TS 7)

Last day - Day 9 (QS6)
BOG breakfast 8am (QS7)
MK from 8am to 1:30pm

Then back to the real world.........Wish I could do something about that part.

Last edited:
Looks good! I might move the MK BOG breakfast (last day) back a little to take advantage of the early morning there. Your day 7-I don't think it is too much food.
Have fun planning!

Does MK open at 8am or 9am on your MK day?
If so I wouldn't waste early am park time, BUT if u snagged an 8am ppo for BOG, that is great!
Everything else looks good!
It sounds like a fun trip!

My boys love Whispering Canyon! I would rather use dining plan than pay OOP for this one. We usually get the all you can eat platter (BBQ pork, brisket, chicken, etc...) and my boys enjoyed the shakes that were refillable. (They counted our shake as our drink, so no extra charge, but this was a year and a half ago, not sure if they still allow shakes instead of sodas)

I like the suggestions by Tondee to move the BOG breakfast, maybe to your day 2 or day 6 at MK??? If neither of those are an early entrance day, I think it might be nice to get into the park without dealing with the crowds :)

I agree with PPs about Day 9 - if MK opens at 8, I wouldn't spend any of that first hour eating. I'd try to move the meal to the 9:00 or 10:00 hour.

I don't think Day 7 is too much food, but I'd doubt my family's ability to go that long between two meals - even two buffets. I'd move them a little closer together or plan to use two snacks that day per person in lieu of lunch.

The BOG breakfast reservation on the last day is PPO, and we really don't have a certain time that we need to leave, so I figure we can catch anything we might have missed. With 3 days in MK, if I get the fastpasses I want, I'm hoping we'll have plenty of time. We may very well go back to MK for the evening on day 6; I like riding rides at night and MK will be open until 10.

As far as the AK day, I was sort of worried that it might not be open late when we go. Maybe if they get Rivers of Light up and running, I'll change things around. I don't know what it is about AK, but it seems like I always get more exhausted and more hot there than in any other park. I don't think I could manage 8-10 hours there. Was thinking of making the Raglan's ressie a bit earlier and exploring Boardwalk that night.

The plan for Day 7 at Epcot will be to use snack credits to snag some stuff at Epcot, or maybe PB sandwiches back at the hotel if we get hungry.

Thanks, all! Great suggestions.

Arrrgh, so excited, I want to go NOW.

I'm so with you about the heat in AK! There was a thread that (correct me if I'm wrong!) said when they were building AK they built it in a bowl shape to increase the heat and humidity for the African animals. i find it much hotter there with fewer places to escape the heat. I'm very grateful that Disney is adding nightime hours, it will give me a chance to enjoy the park at its coolest. I never ever miss FOTLK, I absolutely love that show! Also enjoy Flights of Wonder and Nemo. But that's pretty much all I do at AK.
I think your plan is solid, and you should have a blast. We also enjoy lots of,TS meals at Disney, it's part of the experience for us!
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter