Opinions - Too Many TS Meals?

erineab

Mouseketeer
I'm sure many of you are the same way, but I can't stop fiddling with my ADR's. This is only our second on-site stay, but our first was only 4 nights. We're traveling this year to the AKL from Aug. 22-31st (myself, DH, DS9, DD6). Here is what I have currently booked.

Saturday, August 22nd - no ADR's (arriving at 6:00pm and will grab something quick at Mara)
Sunday, August 23rd - Breakfast @ Boma 10:00am - Dinner @ Akershus 6:40pm
Monday, August 24th - Dinner @ Sanaa 7:30pm
Tuesday, August 25th - Lunch @ BOG 12:10pm - Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare 6:10pm
Wednesday, August 26th - Dinner @ Boma 7:10pm
Thursday, August 27th - Dinner @ Garden Grill 7:00
Friday, August 28th - Breakfast @ Tusker House 10:50am - Dinner @ Jiko 7:30pm
Saturday, August 29th - Dinner @ 'Ohana 8:30pm
Sunday, August 30th - Breakfast @ Kona 10:00a, - Dinner @ BOG 6:30pm
Monday, August 31st - no ADR's - homebound

Is this too much? Anything that you think should be skipped (or added)? This is our 9th Disney trip, but our first where we are doing a 100% on-property Disney stay (and not renting a car). I want to make the most of it!

I'd say it definitely doesn't seem like too much if you really enjoy the dining experience. The only think I'd note is you're really heavy at your resort and based on some of the dining times you may be crunched to make it back into the parks for any considerable amount of time. There's a lot of out of the park dining that is a great experience and often better quality to the price, but it may still be worth considering a few more dinners in the park if you're able to find them. Though at the same time not sure what I'd immediately drop out of the list as it looks like a pretty good one.

We go every August for two weeks and love to eat at a variety of places. Also, in August it is SO HOT that you will appreciate the air conditioned break. Your choices look terrific (we've been to Tusker House, Boma, BOG, 'Ohana, and Garden Grill- all are terrific!). To us, dining is part of the Disney experience. I like that you have several booked at your resort because that way you will have time to enjoy AKL rather than taking the 1-1.5 hr trips to restaurants at a bunch of different resorts. Enjoy your trip:-)

If you had a Dessert Party in there I'd be suspect but they look far enough apart. It's apparent you're staying at AKL :flower1::flower1:

Your plans look good! I've still never made the trip out to AKL to eat, but I want to! Timing just doesn't work for us, or we just haven't MADE the time.
I do have a question - I notice some later breakfasts, the one at your resort and then at Kona in particular. They look like Epcot and MK days...are you not planning on doing rope drop? It's our favorite time of day to knock out a lot of attractions, especially at the Magic Kingdom (and for future world at Epcot, before we hit up the World Showcase)but I understand that touring strategy doesn't appeal to everyone. I was just curious :)

Enjoy your trip!!!

You've got them spread out-- breakfast and dinner-- which I think will be fine. Enjoy!

If you were only doing one day in the MK, I'd suggest dropping an ADR in favor of more park time, but it appears that you'll be there twice.

I'm sure many of you are the same way, but I can't stop fiddling with my ADR's. This is only our second on-site stay, but our first was only 4 nights. We're traveling this year to the AKL from Aug. 22-31st (myself, DH, DS9, DD6). Here is what I have currently booked.

Saturday, August 22nd - no ADR's (arriving at 6:00pm and will grab something quick at Mara)

Is this too much? Anything that you think should be skipped (or added)? This is our 9th Disney trip, but our first where we are doing a 100% on-property Disney stay (and not renting a car). I want to make the most of it!

Okay, my own opinion. Sunday, I would skip Boma. You will be spending a lot of time dining when you could be eating in Epcot. UNless you want a big breakfast, I would cancel this one.

I agree with canceling Boma breakfast. You are doing Tusker House breakfast and I think they are supposed to be similar. 10 AM is late for a resort breakfast.

I would agree with those who said to probably cancel Boma. I would also say that maybe you want to space out the BOG lunch and the 1900 Park Fair dinner a little bit more. That is going to be a lot of sitting for the kids in a relatively short period of time.

Great job -- you have lots of nice picks! Looks like you have a nice long trip planned, so I like the fact that you have a fair amount of dining scheduled right at AKL. I remember Boma breakfast being one of our favorites, so I'd personally keep that one where it is. We were never early risers either, and it took a little while to get our kids up and going when they were younger, so I do like the 10:00 time. Our kids are age 11 now (twins) and to be honest we still tend to pick the 9:30ish breakfast times.

The only restaurant in your list that we are not overly fond of is the Garden Grill. Don't get me wrong, it's cute and the food is ok, but when we want a character experience we tend to favor Crystal Palace or Chef Mickeys. But I'm thinking you chose GG because you're in Epcot that day, so I understand your thinking. You guys might love eating in Japan (Teppan Edo) -- my kids love the entertainment and we all love the food. Just an idea.

Thanks for all the great advice! I am planning a more laid back trip this time park - wise. With the August heat, I am planning on only a few rope drop mornings and more evening park time. We have never been during summer months before so I am preparing myself for not getting as much done as we normally do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter