• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions please

cmesq61

DIS Veteran
Will I look completely silly in a black cocktail type dress at Shulas or blueZoo? I usually wear sundresses to dinner at Dis but felt like a little something more this trip. I know--I'll never see these people again so who cares--call me weak--I care!

Honestly? I love when people dress for dinner. I've done it often, and at restaurants much farther down the "fancy" scale than those! Look awesome... the heck with what people think! (If anything, they'll be looking at you and thinking, "Ohhh.... she must be someone!")

Richard/Tralfie

No, you will not look silly. You'll be on the high end of the guest attire spectrum, but good for you. Personally, I'd rather be overdressed than under. You won't be the only one in there that is dressed for a special occasion.

I agree. So nice to see someone else who actually wants to dress up for a lovely dinner at a fine restaurant. Knock their socks off!

Can we clone you?!!! I wish more people would dress up for the nice restaurants. You won't even be slightly out of place at bluezoo or Shula's.

My dinner date and I got very dressed up for V&A (she in a black cocktail dress and me in a black suit and tie) and a guest in the Grand Floridian lobby said, "Wow, I think I just saw you on TV." When quizzed, he thought we were a couple from the promo Disney Dining video that shows over and over on the in-room TVs.

Can we clone you?!!! I wish more people would dress up for the nice restaurants. You won't even be slightly out of place at bluezoo or Shula's.

My dinner date and I got very dressed up for V&A (she in a black cocktail dress and me in a black suit and tie) and a guest in the Grand Floridian lobby said, "Wow, I think I just saw you on TV." When quizzed, he thought we were a couple from the promo Disney Dining video that shows over and over on the in-room TVs.

LOL!!

Thank you all!! The nice thing about travelling now that the kids are off at college and not with us is that every night is date night on vacation!

cmesq61 said:
LOL!!

Thank you all!! The nice thing about travelling now that the kids are off at college and not with us is that every night is date night on vacation!

Can I just say, with a 9 year old and twin 3 year olds..... I envy you. Not that I'm wishing my life away. It's just my date nights are few and far between. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

Go for it - every gal deserves a night out in a little black dress!! You won't be out of place at all!

I've seen many cocktail dresses in there, and people celebrating special occasions. You won't be out of place! Have fun!

Will I look completely silly in a black cocktail type dress at Shulas or blueZoo? I usually wear sundresses to dinner at Dis but felt like a little something more this trip. I know--I'll never see these people again so who cares--call me weak--I care!

That would be the normal way for a lady to dress at Shula's.

Can I just say, with a 9 year old and twin 3 year olds..... I envy you. Not that I'm wishing my life away. It's just my date nights are few and far between. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

I feel for you! if it's any consolation, even when they are physically gone and the couple can enjoy each other more, they will always need you and be with you. Yesterday, I had to calm one down cause she missed several classes due to an infected tooth requiring several dental appointments, and then my son broke his i phone (grrrr), so I spent time on the phone with him reaming him a new one--expensive item to break--and trying to figure out how to get him a phone. Today i will spend more time trekking to verizon--when i should be packing--to transfer his phone number to my old i phone 4, and then fed exing said phone to him! So you won't be bathing, feeding or dressing them, but you'll still be the mommy! but i can't lie--the date night phase is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter