1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Opinions please

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by cmesq61, Sep 25, 2012.

1. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

Will I look completely silly in a black cocktail type dress at Shulas or blueZoo? I usually wear sundresses to dinner at Dis but felt like a little something more this trip. I know--I'll never see these people again so who cares--call me weak--I care!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rudetreehill

rudetreehill Mouseketeer

Honestly? I love when people dress for dinner. I've done it often, and at restaurants much farther down the "fancy" scale than those! Look awesome... the heck with what people think! (If anything, they'll be looking at you and thinking, "Ohhh.... she must be someone!")

Richard/Tralfie

4. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

No, you will not look silly. You'll be on the high end of the guest attire spectrum, but good for you. Personally, I'd rather be overdressed than under. You won't be the only one in there that is dressed for a special occasion.

5. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I agree. So nice to see someone else who actually wants to dress up for a lovely dinner at a fine restaurant. Knock their socks off!

6. Pygoplites

Pygoplites Mouseketeer

Can we clone you?!!! I wish more people would dress up for the nice restaurants. You won't even be slightly out of place at bluezoo or Shula's.

My dinner date and I got very dressed up for V&A (she in a black cocktail dress and me in a black suit and tie) and a guest in the Grand Floridian lobby said, "Wow, I think I just saw you on TV." When quizzed, he thought we were a couple from the promo Disney Dining video that shows over and over on the in-room TVs.

7. jazz0007

jazz0007 DIS Veteran

You will look beautiful.

8. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

LOL!!

Thank you all!! The nice thing about travelling now that the kids are off at college and not with us is that every night is date night on vacation!

9. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

Can I just say, with a 9 year old and twin 3 year olds..... I envy you. Not that I'm wishing my life away. It's just my date nights are few and far between. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

10. Doc Goofy

Doc Goofy Mouseketeer

You can never go wrong with the little black dress. ::yes::

11. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

Go for it - every gal deserves a night out in a little black dress!! You won't be out of place at all!

12. Stupid_Judy

Stupid_Judy Mouseketeer

I've seen many cocktail dresses in there, and people celebrating special occasions. You won't be out of place! Have fun!

13. Art 1

Art 1 DIS Veteran

That would be the normal way for a lady to dress at Shula's.

14. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

I feel for you! if it's any consolation, even when they are physically gone and the couple can enjoy each other more, they will always need you and be with you. Yesterday, I had to calm one down cause she missed several classes due to an infected tooth requiring several dental appointments, and then my son broke his i phone (grrrr), so I spent time on the phone with him reaming him a new one--expensive item to break--and trying to figure out how to get him a phone. Today i will spend more time trekking to verizon--when i should be packing--to transfer his phone number to my old i phone 4, and then fed exing said phone to him! So you won't be bathing, feeding or dressing them, but you'll still be the mommy! but i can't lie--the date night phase is awesome!