opinions please

gymjenn2

Earning My Ears
so i have decided to cancel the dining plan and would love so opinions on my dining selections. i am hoping to use the $200 gift card to cover most of my costs. It will be me, 29, and my DD, 3, going and we will be staying at POP with only disney transport. we will be able to split quite a few meals. we are arriving at MCOat 1130 on tuesday feb 10 and leaving at 830 on sunday feb 15th i got estimated costs from all ears

Tuesday -
snack at DHS approx 6
dinner at Flatbread Grill approx 13 or split a adult meal at Pizza Planet,
approx 13
total $19

Wednesday -
breakfast in room
lunch at CRT approx 63
dinner either Wolfgang Pucks Express, approx 17, or Planet Hollywood,
approx 10 w/ gift cert
snack at Goofy Snack Shop approx 10
total $70

Thursday
breakfast in room
lunch in Mexico approx 17 (or any other suggestions where we can split a
meal)
snacks in japan and france approx 5
dinner at coral reef approx 60
total $82

Friday
Tusker House Safari Breakfast approx 30
Pizzafari lunch approx 12
fruit for snack approx 8
dinner at POP food court approx 12
total $62

Saturday
breakfast Main Street Bakery approx $5
in need of lunch suggestions that we can split we will be in fronteirland
heading out of the park approx $10
dinner cosmic rays approx $14
snack sleepy hollow approx $10
total $39

TOTAL for trip $272

please help with both dining and budget suggestions as this is a budget trip so i want to be prepared in advance but i would also like to limit the pizza and burgers if possible.

thanks

Consider splitting a lunch in Morocco at the WS in Epcot. Plenty of food, delicious!!!! Well worth going to for lunch!

You are smart for doing TS lunches, especially CRT!!! Much less expensive!

Oh one more thing....snacks may run you less than $8-$10. I know that at many locations in the parks a whole piece of fruit was only around $1. Mickey Premium ice cream bars were only $2.50 when we went in July. So for 2 people to have one each would only be $5. You may end up saving on snacks. Some snacks are big enough to share as well and should be considered, like the HUGE cinnamon bun at Main St. Bakery. And it was a snack credit on the DDP for us so it has to be under $4.

You can get some things other than burgers and pizza in places like Columbia Harbor House and Pinocchio's Village Haus in the MK. Although there is pizza at PVH, there are also nice salads.

There are a number of counter service places in the WS at EPCOT, and Sunshine Seasons Food Fair in FW is another good place for lower cost meals with variety.

I would suggest skipping Coral Reef and trying Marrakesh or something along those lines, but that is such a personal decision it's hard to advise people on where to eat. Marrakesh tends to have excellent dishes for sharing. The same with Chefs du France. We 'order for the table' and ask for two empty plates and serve ourselves from our selections.

Staying away from pizza and burgers is much more budget friendly, as well.

Cosmic Ray's in MK has a half chicken dinner available. It's large enough for sharing.

Same with Puck's Cafe (the full service restaurant). There is a whole chicken on the menu there that we always share. (If you want table service at DTD).

We are probably the only two WDW fanatics that hate, loathe and despise the DDP (just so you totally understand our position on it :teeth: ) so will tell you that canceling that was an excellent choice!

Hope that helps a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter