Opinions please....

GoofieRuthie

DIS Veteran<br><font color=00cc00>If you see a sig
Ok, we will be flying into ONT on Sept. 2. We leave our airport at 6:30 am (EST) and arrive at ONT around 11:30 am. We will gain 3 hours. We will be renting a car and had planned to do a little sightseeing in Hollywood the day that we arrive. Then start with the parks on Sunday. We have 4 day hoppers. After looking at the schedule, the parks are open the latest Sat., Sun., and Mon..Now my dilema. I know that we will be pretty jet lagged from the time change but I really want to see the fireworks and parades since this will likely be our only trip to DL. The park is open until midnight Saturday. Anyone know how much it is to add a day to a hopper? I know at WDW it is only 2 or 3 dollars. If that is the case at DL, it would be worth it to upgrade. We could do a little sight seeing when we arrived, go to the hotel (Residence in at Garden Grove) then go to the park that evening for fireworks and such.

So, do we do the sightseeing Saturday and see and do what we can at the parks the rest of the week. Or do we save the sightseeing for other evenings. I know it will be least crowded the rest of the week, but there aren't parades or fireworks scheduled most of those nights. I've got most of it planned out so that we can get the stuff in the first day or two before they are gone. I'm just torn on what to do that first day. Sorry to ramble, TIA for any suggestions or ideas. :sunny:

My fist suggestion is not to use Ontario airport unless you have already purchased your tickets or have family near that you need to see - or the cost is that much more and you don't mind adding a little extra drive time. It is way out and the ride into Hollywood area could take you about 2 hours or more pending traffic. So being that you will leave the airport around 12:30 ish or1 (I don't know how long it will take you to rent a car) - you will be getting to Hollywood area late afternoon - and that is fine. Perhaps you should take the 5 from the westside to OC. I think you can take the 10 into LA or if you are in the Universal area - you can get the 5 from that side of the hill and go south.

Actually I find the time change coming West the easiest to deal with.

It is either $10 or $20 per person to add one day on. Which would be well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter