Opinions please- HNY or NB? Or Cheyenne?!

It'sASmallWorld

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Well, if you read my recent trip report I decided one day in the park just wasn't enough and I want to go back in January :)

However, this time it will just be my 4 year old and I. I have priced up the hotels and the HNY is not much more than the NB- I have never stayed at either of these- which is better? Obviously the HNY is closer to the park, but always think the NB looks a little more 'special'.

The Cheyenne was £100 cheaper than the NB but I was a bit put off as I'm not sure I would want to be walking back from the main building to our room in the dark on my own at night- or am I being a complete wuss?!:lmao:

Thanks

Obviously the HNY is closer to the park, but always think the NB looks a little more 'special'.

Couldn't disagree more I'm afraid, the NB is the only hotel that we didn't really enjoy whereas we loved HNY :)

Cheyenne is fine too, and IMO the best themed hotel on property :)

:goodvibes

Ive a 4yr old and a 3yr old, and ive taken them on my own too, id go for hny simply for location, the npb doesnt appeal 2me unless it was a summer trip coz its pool looks great. I stayed in the cheyenne in june and luved it but wouldnt stay there in winter simply because of the outside blocks wouldnt be scared or anything its just too cold!! We stayed in santa fe last jan i said never again in winter, it was soooo cold in the morning going up to the main block for breakfast and again at nite getting back to the room. Def hny if it were me.

Have a look at the hotel reviews on the sticky's.

I'm a HNY lover, and agree the location is great. The NPB isn't that much further, but i've read a lot of reviews that suggest that the hotel itself is massive and you could have quite a hike once you're in the hotel.

In any pictures i've seen the rooms in the HNY appear to be much nicer than NPB, and you won't have to pick a breakfast slot at HNY - sure I read that you need to at NPB.

I'd go for the HNY :goodvibes

Well I liked the NBC, but we were on the admirals floor. If youre not on admirals floor, you may have a very long walk to your room- the NBC is HUGE!

I love the theming of NBC, the rooms were perfectly fine, very clean and had everything we needed, but I would not say it was luxurious.

If I am honest, if I were going again, I'd be looking to stay in the HNY. I think that if its only £100 of a difference, I would definitely plump for that although I'd be going for the comfortable bedroom, nicer bathroom and overall luxury rather than the theming. That said, I reckon it might be lovely in winter! ;)

So- HNY would be my choice :thumbsup2

Edit: P.S Isnt it HOT breakfast in HNY as opposed to continental at Cheyenne and NBC??

Just got back from HNY a few weeks ago, having stayed at Cheyenne in May.

I absolutely adore Cheyenne and its theming but wouldn't dare to stay there in any of the colder/wetter months, whereas NHY was all self contained, with the added benefits of a hot choice for breakfast (Sausage, Bacon, Scrambled Egg, Fried sliced Potatoes) and the Ice rink just outside to set the scene.

But in all honesty, we took a trip over to Sequoia lodge for a night cap and it seemed so much more family freindly than the HNY. from this we made the decision that any future summer trips will be at Cheyenne and winter trips a Montana Lake view room at Sequoia.

But if you have never stayed at the HNY, I would defiantly recommend to give it a try if the price is right, definatly did feel more special than Cheyenne and Sequoia. and lets not forget the hot breakfast with no scrum for a table and no allocated time slot.

Well I absolutely adore the NPB, also stayed on the Admiral's Floor and had a superb stay.
Next time I'm trying the HNY because it's that litte bit closer to the park, which we'll appreciate in January no doubt and looking forward to seeing if it's as good as the reviews make out, I don't think I've come across a bad review of it. Hoping it will win me over however, I don't like the look of it from the outside and don't think the interior looks that impressive from photos, but I'm very willing to become a HNY convert.
My opinion I'd give Cheyenne a miss in January. :)

Hi there, just back from a stay at HNY, which I have to say we absolutely loved. We stayed at NBH last year and I have to agree with the other posters that unless you're on the Admiral floor, there is a huge trek from reception to your rooms which is hard especially if you've spent all day walking in the parks with young kids. I also thought that the HNY was a much fresher and more modern feeling hotel. If we were to go again, I would definitely choose to stay at the HNY again. :surfweb:

We have stayed at the Cheyenne in winter and will do again this year! As others have said it is not self contained so if you visit the shop, bar etc you will get cold. However we tend to stay out all day, go to the village and then head into the shop to stock up on snacks/drinks etc before we go back to the room; then we stay in the room unless we really need something. So we didn't really notice the difference when we stayed in a Montana room at the SL, as once we were in the room we didn't leave! However, if we were the type to go back earlier and go to and from the room I would think twice about staying there.

We had lots of problems at the Newport bay, however the hotel itself is really nice so if you get a nice room it would be a nice place to stay; also the Yacht club restaraunt is fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter