Opinions please? BCV vs Swan vs Dolphin

Bree

Runs on Coffee
Looking at Epcot/Hollywood Studios area resorts (please do not suggest Moderates/Values - NOT an option) for room only 04/26/2014-04/28/2014. Disney's rack rates for a standard room at the Beach Club and Boardwalk are over $500 per night. Renting points for a BCV Studio or staying at Swan/Dolphin in a standard room are more in line with what I am willing to pay. Problem is I don't know which one to pick! I've typed everything out so it's all in front of me, but it isn't helping. Stormalong Bay and walking to Epcot is what I like about BCV, but the two beds at Swan/Dolphin appeal to me too.

What would you do? My children will be 10yo & 8yo at time of travel. Here are some of my notes:

*Can't post website name on Disboards* (can't book until 09/26/2014 - 7 month window)
Beach Club Villas Studio - 356 sq ft
1 Queen Bed w/ Double Sleeper Sofa, Private Balcony or Patio
Kitchenette w/ Fridge, sink, coffee maker & microwave

DVCRequest.com ($98 non-refundable fee just to check room availability)

Private Rental thru Disboards w/ Contract

Swan
340 sq ft w/ 2 Queen Beds
Standard View
Dolphin
360 sq ft w/ 2 Double Beds
Standard View

The only thing that matters....Storm Along Bay. Easy decision with an 8 and 10 yo....assuming you are wanting/willing to spend half of your vacation at the pool ; )

Question --- is the your kids first trip to WDW ? Or has your family vacationed here prior ?

The main reason I ask ... is that if it IS the first trip , I would lean to the on property options.

That being said , we have stayed at Boardwalk and Beach Club , also own DVC at Boardwalk ... AND , we have been known to sneak trips in between and stay at the Swan & Dolphin.

We really enjoy the S & D , very comfortable beds , truly more a 'deluxe' room in amenities. While yes , SAB is pretty awesome , they do have a very nice pool. I like the poolside service and drink delivery to my seat as well : )

If you are not already a Starwood member , you can sign up for the Amex Card , and get some pretty cools perks. Perhaps even a discount off your stay.

It's a super close walk , if staying at S&D , and while not AS CLOSE as the Beach Club , it still is obviously walkable .. and very tempting at the price points.

S&D also gets you closer to Hollywood studios ... if that is in your travel plan.

I would go with the BCVs. We are headed there in 3 weeks and just love the Disney Resorts and the theming. We are renting through DVC Request for our marathon weekend trip in Jan. We tried to use them once before and they weren't able to get the resort we wanted and we weren't charged the $98 fee - just so you know. The Dolphin would definitely be out for me since I wouldn't want double beds.

I'd go with the Swan with two real queen beds.

Will your kids share the double sized sleeper sofa? It's not too bad for sleeping, but not very big. You cannot use the cushions off the sleeper sofa to make a bed on the floor because they stay attached to the sleeper sofa to support the foot of the bed at BCV.

From my research - the $98 is refundable if they can't secure your reservation. They only keep it to apply to your cost if the room is available - so you would have to be sure before submitting the request that is what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter