Opinions on the "El Rio Del Tiempo" theme.

It is amazing to hear some of you discuss this issue. Some of you don't even sound like true Disney fans to begin with. I am a fan of the old ride, but I will admit that it did need a fix up. This donald duck thing might return it to its original glory or it might sent it to be the next figment, where it will be redone over and over again. The one thing that is for certain is that none of us know. I believe that you can't knock it to you try it. I guess we will all have to wait until April 2nd.

GOOFY11

Ah, the old Disney made it, so it must be good defense. A classic. That sure is working out well for Stich huh.

Hey, I was at Disneyland last night, it's amayzing I didn't just spontaneously combust.

Also, Some of the people here do have my name and address.

Anyway, my point was that yes, Walt's Dream was never realized, but WED, Imagineering created Epcot and a plan for what it would become. I'd like to see them go back to that.

That is just harsh. I need to assume from your siggy picture, that you really don't like Disney that much. But you have several thousand posts. SO i am confused by that:confused3 . Are all your posts aimed at slamming Disney? Or do you just have a mean streak that likes to stir trouble?:stir: If you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothin at all:rolleyes:

I don't like "The Disney Corporation" much. I think they're idiots, I think they're ruining everything that made Walt Disney productions an incredible American company.

On the other hand I LOVE "Disney." From Steamboat Willie to Lion King to Finding Nemo, everything that is in the spirit of the company, I'm all about. I'm sorry you can't see the distinction.

That is just harsh. I need to assume from your siggy picture, that you really don't like Disney that much. But you have several thousand posts. SO i am confused by that . Are all your posts aimed at slamming Disney? Or do you just have a mean streak that likes to stir trouble? If you can't say nothin nice, don't say nothin at all

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

No, really, I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this.

Well, I do have a meanstreak as you well know ;)

Hello All: Just a friendly reminder regarding rules on the disboards. Please refer to the highlighted area below. There are seveal threads, including this one, where people are fairly close to being warned regarding the content of their posts. I'll be consulting with sarangel regarding some of the posts here and on the thread regarding "Meet the Robinsons" which I closed down earlier today.

NO FIGHTING/SARCASM: While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction.

mnph.......mnpgggflff.......

Gah, I can't hold it in.
If we got rid of all the posts on the Rumors board that involved sarcasm.......we wouldn't have any posts at all.

mnph.......mnpgggflff.......

Gah, I can't hold it in.
If we got rid of all the posts on the Rumors board that involved sarcasm.......we wouldn't have any posts at all.

Sad but true!

The quote was taken directly from the board guidelines, http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm I am most concerned about some comments that are close to being personal attacks.

NO FIGHTING/SARCASM: While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction

I don't like "The Disney Corporation" much. I think they're idiots, I think they're ruining everything that made Walt Disney productions an incredible American company.

On the other hand I LOVE "Disney." From Steamboat Willie to Lion King to Finding Nemo, everything that is in the spirit of the company, I'm all about. I'm sorry you can't see the distinction.

I see where you are coming from now! I guess when you mentioned about him being stuffed in the Ice Cream Freezer there, and who cares what Walt would have wanted, I just took that the wrong way. And it kinda shocked me that someone would put that here. I am sorry if I offended you in any way:flower3: :goodvibes

No offense taken.

99% of my posts are Hyperbole.

The real question is, if Walt were stuffed in an ice cream freezer, what flavor would he be?

The reopening of the ride, scheduled for yesterday, has been pushed back to an undetermined date. Many speculate that it will be later this week.

GOOFY11

The date has been set back to April 6, according to this forum's news bulletins.

Having seen the video of the ride, I would say its an upgrade from the rather lame original

I'm not going to debate anything here, I probably won't even check this thread out again, but I just wanted to give my OPINION about "El Rio Del Tiempo".
IMHO DW is an amusement park, a place to go for fun, many of us bringing children. That being said, although EPCOT is supposed to encompass a more "educational" perspective one must remember that this ride is just that - a ride! I mean it's disney, should you expect to go and recieve a history lesson, or do you expect to see your 5yo laughing at donald duck? If you seek the former then perhaps you should research where to find a good museum and if you're in search of the latter then GO TO DISNEY WORLD:thumbsup2

I'm not really ready to chime in on the Rio... discussion until I finish reading the thread. I do have opinions on it, but this just jumped out at me.

You do realize that there are a boat load of people in the world, and on the DIS that go to Disney World sans children, right? And you do realize that part of the wonderful draw of Disney World is that adults CAN enjoy it sans children, right?

My husband and I are DVC members, and I know there are several others that don't have children. We will, but we don't yet. And we still go, frequently, and love doing so.

Just checking. It's been a while since I read (on the DIS anyway) that WDW was just for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter