Opinions on the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites?

Nomi

<font color=red>><((((º><font color=blue>`•.¸.¸.><
Hi, I'm new but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or experiences to share about the Camelot Inn & Suites, was it good/bad? I'm starting to plan a summer trip for myself and three friends to disneyland, and after preliminary searching this looked like the best choice for us. It seems nice, got mostly good reviews on trip adviser, and is right across from the park. We are all going to be fresh out of high school (ages 17 - 18, and possibly a parents if I can convince them to come along) so we won't be so concerned with things that may apply to families with small children or adults looking for a romantic getaway.

As well, what times during the summer have lower crowds? I'm not expecting empty parks here, but moderate crowds. I remember last year when my family and I went durning the last part of Aug. the crowds were decent. Is this typical of this time of year?

Thank you all very much for any advice.

I just got back from a stay at the Camelot.

The room was clean, the linens were fresh. It is walking distance to the gates for your ages. There is a small pool 3.5 feet deep and a hot tub.
We had two queen bed room. We could see the fireworks from the balcony.

There are five floors, pool is on the fourth.

What else do you need to know?

There is a McDonalds next door, a Quiznos next door on other side, a small continental breakfast. I HOP is close.

Welcome to the DIS!

I stayed at the Camelot Inn last August and I thought it was very good motel. I stayed there for 5 nights and the room was clean and the housekeeping did a good job every day. The continental breakfast was okay, and you can ask for a tray and take your breakfast back to your room.

The Camelot Inn has a great location, and it's only a 5 to 7 minute walk to DL!

FWIW, here's my review of the Camelot Inn on Trip Advisor. The title of the review is "I would stay there again!"

As far as lower crowds go, the least crowded days of the week are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I would try to avoid the weekends.

HTH :earsboy:

We stayed there last June, It was nice clean close to the Parks, the free Breakfast is not great, but it is free... I would stay there again just not in the summer, cause my kid's like to take swim breaks and did not like the small pool
But there was plenty of parking and I felt very safe walking to and from the parks. You should have a nice stay there:goodvibes

Thank you all. This is looking like a good choice, as I'm mainly concerned with proximity (unfortunatly us teenagers can't even comprehend affording a stay at the Grand Californian :sad2: ).

The small pool shouldn't be a problem, as me and the group are not big swimmers. It's cool that it's on the fourth floor, is it outside? Can you see fireworks from there?

And when you say 5-7 minute walk, does that mean all the way to the parks or to the bus/entrance/thing?

Thank you all. This is looking like a good choice, as I'm mainly concerned with proximity (unfortunatly us teenagers can't even comprehend affording a stay at the Grand Californian :sad2: ).

The small pool shouldn't be a problem, as me and the group are not big swimmers. It's cool that it's on the fourth floor, is it outside? Can you see fireworks from there?

And when you say 5-7 minute walk, does that mean all the way to the parks or to the bus/entrance/thing?

The GCH is a bit "pricey" for most folk -- that's why I stay at the cheaper "walking distance" motels across the street. Yes, the 5 to 7 minute walk means "all the way to the parks." :wizard: If you stayed at the GCH, then the walk would be 4 minutes, that's really not much of a difference. And if you stayed at the Disneyland Hotel or the Paradise Pier Hotel, then the walk would be 10 to 12 minutes. The Camelot Inn typically costs around $120 to $140, while the GCH typically costs around $350/night -- that's a lot of simoleons! :jester:

Yes, the pool is outside. And yes, you can see the fireworks from there. But the fireworks show is combined with a great audio track, and it's much better to see it from the hub, with a good view of the castle and the Matterhorn. Check out this link from the Camelot Inn web-site -- it's a 1.5 minute Virtual Tour that briefly shows the pool and the view of the fireworks.

HTH :earsboy:

Never fear, I know and love the fireworks. (learnt our lesson about that the last time we went, thinking we were clever to watch it from far away >_<) But I know that at least once we will want to retire earl, and chilling by the pool watching fireworks sounds lovely

Alright, so I've heard all the 'pro's' about the Camelot Inn... now does anyone have any 'con's'? I simply want to know what to expect, though perhaps it doesn't matter to us university-bound, fresh out of high school kids. ;)

We stayed there in late January. Here's the review I posted:

~~~~~~~~~~

Just got back from a 3-night stay at the Camelot Inn. I enjoyed it and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

After catching a 6am flight out of Seattle on Friday (1/25), we arrived at SNA and took a taxi to the hotel, arriving there around 10am. We checked in and they said our room was available. Yippee! I wasn't expecting that we'd get into our room until later that afternoon. I asked if, by chance, that room was overlooking the park. They said no, but they'd check to see if one was available. Sure enough, a room overlooking the park was immediately available on the 4th floor! It was so nice to get settled in our room and freshen up before heading to the parks that day.

The room: We had a regular room (not a suite) with two queen beds, and a nice view of the parks. The room was smallish, and furnishings were basic. It had a fridge and microwave, TV, iron and ironing board, coat rack, alarm clock, one sitting 'lounge' chair, and a desk with a desk chair. The bathroom is all in one room (no separate sink & vanity area). As we walked to the pool, I noticed that the rooms along that wing did have a vanity area outside the bathroom. If you need additional space when getting ready in the morning, or don't want one person hogging the bathroom, you might want to request that. Also, S Harbor Blvd is quite busy and noisy, so if street noise is a problem, or you're a light sleeper, you might not want a park view room.

Breakfast: Breakfast is served in a hospitality room from 7-10am. They have cereal (generic version of cheerios and corn flakes), oatmeal, muffins (chocolate and poppyseed), croissants, pastries (apple, cream cheese, cinnamon), fruit (apples and oranges), orange juice, hot chocolate, coffee, and tea. There are no frills at all (generic everything, small sized muffins & pastries), but it worked for us and we had no complaints. There are a few tables to eat there, or you can take it to the room (they had lids for the styrofoam cups). Kids, especially, seemed to like it. There was an attendant who quickly refilled items if they were running low.

Pool: The pool and jacuzzi were open and we used them every day. The jacuzzi is small, but it was hot enough and sure felt good. My daughter loved the pool. Pool towels are provided in the pool area, so that's a nice touch. Several chairs, tables, and lounges are in the pool area.

Location: You can't beat the location. I was a little nervous booking this hotel at first, because maps seem to indicate that you have to pass 3 other hotels before getting to the crosswalk to the parks. (If anybody's walked the strip in Vegas, you know that walking by 3 hotels can be about 2 miles!). All I can say is that it was very close. I counted about 175 steps between the crosswalk and the entrance to the Camelot. For the purpose of distance to the parks, you're splitting hairs between Camelot, Carousel, Tropicana, BWPPI, etc. Seriously, it's not an issue, even at the end of a long day. You're talking a few steps between hotels at most.

Other stuff: The hotel has a small sundry shop where you can get souvenirs, a few drug store basics (toothpaste, tylenol, etc), and a small selection of snacks and beverages. For a bigger selection of convenience items, go two doors down to the Tropicana hotel. There is a coin-operated laundry room. I walked by it but didn't go in so I'm not sure how many washers and dryers, or if they sell detergent (and if so, what kind). But it's there if you need it. Many restaurants are nearby - I know I'm missing a few, but they include McDonald's (next door), Quizno's, Tony Roma's, & Denny's.

I hope this helps anyone who's considering staying there!

We stayed there last June, It was nice clean close to the Parks, the free Breakfast is not great, but it is free... I would stay there again just not in the summer, cause my kid's like to take swim breaks and did not like the small pool
But there was plenty of parking and I felt very safe walking to and from the parks. You should have a nice stay there:goodvibes

Along the same lines.... I have reserved a room at the Hampton Inn, for the first week of June-$86 per night for a family of four. My family and I enjoy staying at the Hampton because it is clean, the staff is friendly,5 minutes from the gate by shuttle and they provide a great free hot/cold brakfast. In addition they started handing out sack meals if you wanted to eat breakfast on the go. Last night I was talking to my husband and we thought we might try something new but to be honest are a bit hesitant. Are ther any hotel/motels across from Disney that offer free Hot/Cold breakfast??

Sienna, Thanks for a comprehensive review. I will be staying 4 nights at the Camelot Inn, next week and your review was really appreciated.

I wasn't expecting much from the hotel and as long as I keep in mind, that it' a fairly basic property, I should have a great stay.

The rooms are fairly nice and things were kept clean. We had a king room and liked that we had a sitting area with a sleeper sofa (never used the sleeping part) and another chair. This gave us room to relax for an afternoon break and when done with the parks for th evening. The only con I can think of is that the beds are very firm. My wife sais she would want some type of pad to use if we stayed their again.

Thank you everyone for the info! We're not looking for anything fancy, just somthing clean and close, so this seems like a good choice.

As for the firm beds, I've often found hotel matresses to... squishy for my liking. How firm, exactly, are the beds? Like... firm as in sleeping-on-the-floor firm? slight bounce firm, ect? Would it be worth it to pack a sleeping mat to put on the beds, or some sort of inflatable matress?

Haha, the trip is still six months away and I'm already planning. Oh dear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter