Opinions on Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

ksdisneyfan

Mouseketeer
I have a large family group planning to eat here one night while at Disney. Any opinions on the food or service? Which entrees would you recommend?

I have eaten there a few times and I enjoy it. The service has been so so at times, due to a large group we had. And others has been really good. I like it there enough to go back.

I usually get the steak, and that is always yummy. The beef medalions are delish. The crawfish mashed potatoes are good, but different. We loved the coconut shrimp appy.

We LOVE Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen! The food!....the atmosphere!....the entertainment! It's wonderful! We never miss it when we're there, and we've been there quite a few times. :thumbsup2:yay::thumbsup2

I can't really recommend a specific entree, but the Gumbo-Ya-Ya is DELIOUS!

The beef medallions are very good, the cheese garlic bread app is not to miss, and the sazerac is a century old rye whiskey drink that is very rarely on a menu and very enjoyable.

They have the best Oyster Shooters ever! And we've tried them at many places. Also, any soup is delish. Finally, you must try the Bananas Foster. Spendy, but the show they provide while making it tableside and the yummy taste of it makes it a worthwhile treat.:thumbsup2

Drinks are good, too as well as the entertainment.
I agree service is spotty. Overall, probably our favorite DTD eatery.

We really enjoyed it. Had good service, too. We had the tournedos of beef, the lobster ravioli, and Bananas Foster for dessert. There are pictures and a full review on my trip report, linked in my siggy below, on page 4.

The bananas foster is very good, as good as the version I had in New Orleans and they flambe it next to your table, so the bananas are always hot and you get a neat fire show.

Jazz Kitchen has gone way downhill in the past year or two. We used to thoroughly enjoy going there, but on the last two visits the food and service were terrible. We'll never go there again.

I really like their blackened salmon with asparagus (instead of potatoes). It's really good. My son likes the steak, and my daughter likes the jambalaya there.

I love Jazz Kitchen!!! Besides WCT its one of my regular food haunts. I have had good service overall and really like the food. I have learned to trust the servers recommendations since they always seem to be right.

The only issue is there is not a whole lot for vegetarians. I go still because I love the cheese bread and salads and that works for me with dessert :) Others might want more, though I have had them make me my own dish before too and that was good.

I have to add they have some really nice wines and yummy mixed drinks at the bar, nice for enjoying on the patio during fireworks :)

We went to the JK for the first time in March for DH's birthday and we loved it. Here are a few suggestions for dinner:

New York Strip Dinner (3 courses for $28) great value and delicious. Also orderd the French Quarter Salad and Creole Cheesecake. Yum.

DH had Gumbo Ya-Ya and loved it.

My DD went crazy over the Roman Garlic Bread...she still talks about it.

We also had the Cajun Asian Salad.

All these things were really good - it was a memorable meal for sure.

mmmmmmm Jazz Kitchen is super yummy!!!! Definitely worth going to!! I had the lobster ravioli, DBF had the beef medalions and we were stuffed and so satisfied with our meals. Our service was fine, nothing spectacular but nothing to complain about either. :)

Sounds like dinner is preferred over dinner? The new posted lunch menu is disappointing. I made a ressie for lunch, but have been toying with a switch to dinner.

love love loved it! :) We just got a couple appetizers - I had the BBQ Pork Springrolls and the loaded baked potato - YUMMY. And we shared the chocolate bread pudding (not the regular bread pudding, the chocolate kind) and it. was. amazing. I like bread pudding A LOT and that was so far the best. :-9

Oh man, now I want to go back! Can't wait till September when I can. :stitch:

Sounds like dinner is preferred over dinner? The new posted lunch menu is disappointing. I made a ressie for lunch, but have been toying with a switch to dinner.

I went to lunch there once and the menu was almost identical to the dinner menu. What they had online wasn't the same.

Wow, thanks for the plethora of positive reviews and recommendations! Now it's going to be hard for me to choose which entree sounds best!

I love Jazz Kitchen!!! Besides WCT its one of my regular food haunts. I have had good service overall and really like the food. I have learned to trust the servers recommendations since they always seem to be right.

The only issue is there is not a whole lot for vegetarians. I go still because I love the cheese bread and salads and that works for me with dessert :) Others might want more, though I have had them make me my own dish before too and that was good.

I have to add they have some really nice wines and yummy mixed drinks at the bar, nice for enjoying on the patio during fireworks :)

OT - How's the pregnancy going? You know what you are having yet? Any pics to share? Sorry, Im nosey :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter