Opinions on Rainforest Cafe

I've only been to the one at AK. Our food was pretty good- My favorite is the chicken fried chicken- it was so good! I didn't find the food all that pricey either, but maybe it's cause I'm from Chicago? lol

What's your opinion on Rainforest Cafe, either location? I have a choice of getting a $25.00 Gift Certificate to there but, if the food isn't great, I'll pick somehwhere else.

Thanks for your help!

My DH and I have eaten at the one in Vegas (MGM) and Downtown Disney (DL not WDW). They have a really YUMMY pasta dish, not sure of the name... The atmosphere is amazing and we have had a blast both times. It is an experience... not an every day restaurant. Have FUN!!! That's what I suggest...

We try to go to the one at DTD every trip unless it's a day trip. It is a fun place and a great experience. We've never had bad service or food there. I love the crab dip and may just have to go there next week when I'm there simply because now I'm thinking about it!!! If you do an early lunch, it's not too crowded. Later on, it gets really crowded and the wait is about 2 hours or more. They must be doing something right!!!

We have a Rainforest Cafe near my in-laws and we go once or twice a year.

Last year we went to the one in AK. The problem is that we didn't feel like we were anywhere special since - and even felt like we were at home.

If you've got the $25 certificate, go for it. If not, there are better options.

This place is my favorite.I love the recreated rainforest environment.No, it may not be as good as the real thing, but I've never been to the real thing!;)
They have waterfalls and thunderstorms and animals.Last night on Extreme home makeover they went to RC to get inspiration for a rainforest room they were doing.Last year my husband got the Nile shrimp and it was one of his favorite meals.I always splurge and get the awesome apps.They are so good!
Also, we make our ressies for the first lunch seating and have never had to wait!Hope you enjoy!:thumbsup2

RFC is the worst meal we have ever eaten on WDW property. Our food was overcooked, salty and cold. The funny thing is we were not the only table complaining about the food either. At least five other tables near us was having severe food issues too. The service was also something that was not flowing for them either.......server actually snapped at a customer for asking for a refill. We spoke to the manager about everything and he had an attitude that explained why the staff acted so poorly; they were only reflecting the example provided by the person in charge.

Sorry, but this restaurant is far below WDW standards for TS operations. I would go to an Applebees or TGIFriday before I ever go back to RFC (and I really do not like those places either)!!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter