• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions on parking ecvs at (MNSSHP) parades: nose first or sideways?

Buckimion

Purple Heart Park Commando
With 2 nights of MNSSHP on my horizon :banana:, can anyone share their experiences and opinions on parking an ecv at parades? Do you park nose forward or lengthwise? Is it considered rude to take up space by parking lengthwise (and rotating the seat)?

Still waiting on hearing about that "secret" spot BTW. :joker:

Scooter's almost ready!
scooter2.jpg

I just park straight in. It is more comfortable as my seat is the right height for my feet to rest comfortably on the floor of the ECV. Parking sideways and rotating the seat puts my feet at an uncomfortable height.

The areas are usually pretty crowded anyway. Why would I need to take up more space?

Love the scooter! DH did something similar at MNSSHP last year but instead of the skull he used a parot (and of course he dressed as a pirate). At the parade Barbosa made a beeline straight to him and shook his hand and called him captain. Made our day!

Anyway...back to your question - nose in or length-wise. He's done both but it depends on the season. Usually he noses in because of the crowd level. If he does park length-wise, I will usually sit in front of the front wheel (if you are looking at us I'm in front of him & the scooter the wheel is behind me)and he swivels the chair. That way we are still only taking up about 2 spaces (and I can stretch my legs if I sit sideways). Hope that makes sense? :)

I put a pirate flag on my ECV last time, too!

When we went to the wheelchair ares to view the MSEP, the CM there directed us how to park; we were all facing the street so they could get the maximum number of chairs in one row.

Straight in. Not only is it polite to others, but you can lean on the handlebars if you want.

Sounds good. Hopefully I can get into a section with a row of scooters (The hub and in front of the train station right? Others?) so everything is even. I recently had a similar situation but being alone had people crowding right up against the tiller. :crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter